Aldeer.com

Found a Priceless Treasure

Posted By: Gobble4me757

Found a Priceless Treasure - 09/10/19 03:40 AM

just happened to stumble on a lot of turkey calls on Facebook in a box, and while scrolling through the pictures, low and behold there is a call I have been searching for for years. Literally thrown in there with other old calls. From my mom being childhood best friends with his daughter and growing up in Coffeeville to learning how to turkey call from a "Talking Turkey" cassette tape, the sentimental part alone of a Ben Lee box call makes it priceless to me. I am pretty excited to say the least! (My girlfriend is the one who sent the pictures to clarify the pink toenails lol)

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Ben2

Re: Found a Priceless Treasure - 09/10/19 11:08 AM

That talking turkey cassette was awesome
Posted By: sj22

Re: Found a Priceless Treasure - 09/10/19 12:44 PM

Good find
Posted By: Bustinbeards

Re: Found a Priceless Treasure - 09/10/19 12:46 PM

Mighty fine, congrats
Posted By: Out back

Re: Found a Priceless Treasure - 09/10/19 12:49 PM

Ben was a character for sure. We talked many times about our mutual hatred for dog hunters.
I nearly busted a gut laughing at his stories about taking people hunting for tame turkeys. He was a mess.
He died an awful death in that wreck.
Posted By: WildlifeBiologist

Re: Found a Priceless Treasure - 09/10/19 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Out back
Ben was a character for sure. We talked many times about our mutual hatred for dog hunters.
I nearly busted a gut laughing at his stories about taking people hunting for tame turkeys. He was a mess.
He died an awful death in that wreck.

Yep. And some of those were at Double Gates in McIntosh. Legendary stories still told around there.
Posted By: 3toe

Re: Found a Priceless Treasure - 09/10/19 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Ben2
That talking turkey cassette was awesome

I still have that cassette in the original case.
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: Found a Priceless Treasure - 09/10/19 05:13 PM

I have that box and use to have his book. The story about the old man and the cow bell and shooting the turkey off the limb it was tied to was funny as hell. Another funny one was the tame turkey they spray painted the general shot at with several guns and had to be beat to death till there was hardly a feather on it was another great one.
Posted By: AC870

Re: Found a Priceless Treasure - 09/11/19 02:58 AM

“My daddy would say, ‘Ben, they’s one of us too many standing here.’”
© 2024 ALDEER.COM