Aldeer.com

If the rest of the state....

Posted By: Squeaky

If the rest of the state.... - 07/28/19 12:18 PM

Had a hatch like Clarke County did the 2021 spring is gonna be fun. I have never in my life seen as many turkey poults as I have the last 3 days. I have seen a pile in various areas on the club. Most have been the size of chicken and able to fly.
Posted By: bama1971

Re: If the rest of the state.... - 07/28/19 12:20 PM

I think they can fly within a week. Something like that, I remember it being an amazing stat.
Posted By: sj22

Re: If the rest of the state.... - 07/28/19 12:34 PM

I’ve seen a good many but not as many as this time last year
Posted By: Ben2

Re: If the rest of the state.... - 07/28/19 01:09 PM

We are still on 0 but have not seen a hen in the last month soaybe they had some whereever they are living.
Posted By: CKyleC

Re: If the rest of the state.... - 07/28/19 01:17 PM

I had a bunch of Jake's this year.

I'm not sure about 2021, but 2020 should be gtg at my place
Posted By: turkey247

Re: If the rest of the state.... - 07/28/19 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Squeaky
Had a hatch like Clarke County did the 2021 spring is gonna be fun. I have never in my life seen as many turkey poults as I have the last 3 days. I have seen a pile in various areas on the club. Most have been the size of chicken and able to fly.

Had a contractor on that mountain 4th of July and he saw a couple good flocks also.
Posted By: turkey247

Re: If the rest of the state.... - 07/28/19 01:30 PM

That one day season delay certainly has work wonders around here.
Posted By: HHSyelper

Re: If the rest of the state.... - 07/28/19 05:58 PM

Kyle, send those jakes my way. We could use a few.
Posted By: poorcountrypreacher

Re: If the rest of the state.... - 07/28/19 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Ben2
We are still on 0 but have not seen a hen in the last month soaybe they had some whereever they are living.

Dang, I had hopes for you this year. Two different groups spotted on my places yesterday, though I am laid up and can only post about it on aldeer. frown
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: If the rest of the state.... - 07/29/19 12:31 AM

Been seeing a lot of hens, but no poults yet.
Posted By: Rolloverdave

Re: If the rest of the state.... - 07/29/19 12:48 AM

I’ve seen one hen with 2 poults! Yesterday saw 5 birds (2)were gobblers and zero poults
Posted By: CarbonClimber1

Re: If the rest of the state.... - 07/29/19 11:33 AM

Had probly 25 different jakes on camera and about 5 groups of just random turkeys mostly hens and probly a few jakes. I had i think 5 gobblers in one spot and bout 3-5 in another couple spots...one turkey was heard and he died...i got birds and pretty dang good land...be danged if they gobble tho. we been gettin good poult reports tho this year just like last year should be excellent this year and the next
Posted By: ALFisher

Re: If the rest of the state.... - 07/29/19 08:56 PM

The dry weather makes a huge difference in early survivability. It was dry pretty much the entire month of June in southwest Alabama.
Posted By: BrentM

Re: If the rest of the state.... - 07/29/19 09:16 PM

It was warm and dry here and never rained a drop for 24 days after mother’s day. There are poults everywhere. I’m sure the state will take credit for the LORD’s work though

Re: If the rest of the state.... - 07/29/19 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by HHSyelper
Kyle, send those jakes my way. We could use a few.

I'll gladly send them to you for one year. You have to send them back the next

Tired of them flogging on gobblers
Posted By: Out back

Re: If the rest of the state.... - 07/29/19 10:38 PM

I've seen a ton of youngsters in Dallas and Chilton County.
Looks like an excellent survival rate this spring.
Posted By: JUGHEAD

Re: If the rest of the state.... - 07/30/19 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by BrentM
It was warm and dry here and never rained a drop for 24 days after mother’s day. There are poults everywhere. I’m sure the state will take credit for the LORD’s work though
Of course they will.
Posted By: CAL

Re: If the rest of the state.... - 07/31/19 09:16 AM

[Linked Image][url=https://banks-nearme.com/chase-near-me]chase bank near me now[/url

My daughter was tickled when she showed me this photo. So glad to see. Sorry about the vine hanging in the way.

Re: If the rest of the state.... - 07/31/19 12:53 PM

Cool pic, Cal.

Re: If the rest of the state.... - 07/31/19 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by CAL
[Linked Image][url=https://banks-nearme.com/chase-near-me]chase bank near me now[/url

My daughter was tickled when she showed me this photo. So glad to see. Sorry about the vine hanging in the way.

Thsts awesome
Posted By: North40R

Re: If the rest of the state.... - 07/31/19 01:33 PM

[Linked Image]

Looking out my front door this morning! 2 hens and 10 poults. Started out with 15 poults but they lost a few.

I think we've had a pretty good hatch this year according to the number of poults and sign we've seen!

Re: If the rest of the state.... - 07/31/19 01:48 PM

Awesome
Posted By: Turkeymaster

Re: If the rest of the state.... - 08/05/19 02:13 PM

i saw roughly 40-50 poults this weekend along with 12 longbeards on one of my leases. that makes between 80 and90 poults I've seen between threee leases in the last month. freaking awesome to see
Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Re: If the rest of the state.... - 08/05/19 02:37 PM

A little off topic but we went to Clark county yesterday. Thomasville to be exact, to buy a travel travel trailer for the camp. Pretty good little haul from Montgomery but it was some pretty land. Oh, I did reduce the rattlesnake population by one. He was crossing the highway and my truck and the dual axle 38ft Windsong got him good. You’re welcome!

Dr. B
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: If the rest of the state.... - 08/05/19 03:22 PM

I saw three hens and maybe 10 chicken size poults yesterday near Brierfield in Shelby Co.

Re: If the rest of the state.... - 08/06/19 12:58 AM

That's awesome yall are seeing so many. Maybe we can hit a two or three year run with great weather and production!
Posted By: crenshawco

Re: If the rest of the state.... - 08/06/19 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by Ben2
That's awesome yall are seeing so many. Maybe we can hit a two or three year run with great weather and production!

This is the 2nd year in a row for us in the areas I hunt. We were infested with jakes this Spring.
Posted By: OlTimer

Re: If the rest of the state.... - 08/06/19 10:15 AM

And to think ya'll ever doubted Chuck.....
Posted By: Swampdrummin

Re: If the rest of the state.... - 08/06/19 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by OlTimer

Chuck personally raised two broods on my place.
Posted By: Turkeymaster

Re: If the rest of the state.... - 08/06/19 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Swampdrummin

lol
Posted By: Spec

Re: If the rest of the state.... - 08/06/19 11:44 PM

Went and cut grass around the camp at our place in Clarke County last weekend and saw a hen with 8 poults. I was a little surprised how small they were, a little smaller than a chicken. Think they will b ok?

Re: If the rest of the state.... - 08/07/19 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Spec
Went and cut grass around the camp at our place in Clarke County last weekend and saw a hen with 8 poults. I was a little surprised how small they were, a little smaller than a chicken. Think they will b ok?

Probably not, most of them will get eaten by something before they are a year old. smile

It's just the life of a turkey. But if they have almost made it to chicken size, they have already beaten the odds and some of them should make it to adulthood. The hen has done well to raise 8 to that age.
Posted By: k bush

Re: If the rest of the state.... - 08/07/19 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Swampdrummin

rofl rofl rofl

thumbup
Posted By: Booger

Re: If the rest of the state.... - 08/07/19 08:32 PM

I just wished we had a turkey walk thru our club
Posted By: GomerPyle

Re: If the rest of the state.... - 08/07/19 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Booger
I just wished we had a turkey walk thru our club

Meh, who cares, just a stupid bird...nobody wants to hunt those things....

Re: If the rest of the state.... - 08/10/19 08:30 PM

Talked to a guy about 1.5miles se of me this past week. Said he's never seen poults on his place and this year he's seen about 15.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM