Aldeer.com

Nest Predator Video

Posted By: crenshawco

Nest Predator Video - 06/24/19 11:17 AM

Here's a pretty cool video Shane Simpson just put out. He sets up some fake turkey nests with cameras on them to see what predators show up. Interesting idea and results.

Posted By: Turkeymaster

Re: Nest Predator Video - 06/24/19 01:49 PM

i was wandering if the nest predators followed his scent to the are out of curiiousity. him being around the area had to make it easier for them to find it in my opinion
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: Nest Predator Video - 06/24/19 03:17 PM

He admitted there are obvious scientific flaws in his study, but I figured animals would try and avoid human scent. I’ve never had a raccoon follow my scent trail in the deer woods.
Posted By: North40R

Re: Nest Predator Video - 06/24/19 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by jlbuc10
He admitted there are obvious scientific flaws in his study, but I figured animals would try and avoid human scent. I’ve never had a raccoon follow my scent trail in the deer woods.

Also there isn't a turkey hen traveling back and forth to and from these nest daily. It's a good video and definitely a cool experiment.

Shane has great videos if you've never looked into his YouTube channel. He does a tracking series with his dog Callie, turkey hunts and some great instructional videos on calling.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM