Aldeer.com

Killed my first double beard this morning

Posted By: Hevishot13

Killed my first double beard this morning - 04/22/19 10:28 PM

I’ve killed a lot of turkeys, but never a double beard until today. And to top it off, he had a leg band and a radio transmitter attached. 10 1/2” main beard, 7 1/2” secondary beard, one spur was broken at 3/4”, the other was broken at a little over an 1” long. Scars and scabs on his feet, he appears to be old. It’ll be interesting to see his life history on the wma if they let me see the radio transmitter data. It’s been a fun season, I’m sad to see it’s end in sight!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: top cat

Re: Killed my first double beard this morning - 04/22/19 10:31 PM

Congrats on the kill. Keep us posted on the band info. 👍👍
Posted By: DeerNutz0U812_

Re: Killed my first double beard this morning - 04/22/19 10:32 PM

cool... beers
Posted By: !shiloh!

Re: Killed my first double beard this morning - 04/22/19 10:53 PM

Wow that's really cool.
Posted By: Jmxinc

Re: Killed my first double beard this morning - 04/22/19 10:54 PM

Congrats! Sounds like a old bird !
Posted By: foldemup

Re: Killed my first double beard this morning - 04/22/19 11:30 PM

That is really cool. Wasn’t it 3 years ago they but the radio transmitters on them? Hope you are able to get some details.
Posted By: BD

Re: Killed my first double beard this morning - 04/22/19 11:36 PM

Very Cool!
Posted By: ozarktroutbum

Re: Killed my first double beard this morning - 04/22/19 11:36 PM

Prob Saskatchewan
Posted By: North40R

Re: Killed my first double beard this morning - 04/22/19 11:46 PM

Congrats! That bird should come with a good story!
Posted By: sj22

Re: Killed my first double beard this morning - 04/23/19 12:02 AM

That’s pretty cool! Congrats
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: Killed my first double beard this morning - 04/23/19 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by ozarktroutbum
Prob Saskatchewan

rofl
Posted By: Bamaturkeykilla

Re: Killed my first double beard this morning - 04/23/19 01:00 AM

You'll never see the info on the transmitter. I killed one back in 2011 on private land that had one. I took it to the closest WMA check in station to find a GW. He took my name, address and phone number and gave me his and told me they would mail me the data once they had a chance to study it themselves. It's 2019 and he's yet to return my phone call after leaving messages for 3 years. I gave up.

If I ever kill another one with a transmitter, they'll never see it. I'll find someone to get the data for me. I was curious to see his travel patterns between fall and spring over the years.
Posted By: BamaGrad85

Re: Killed my first double beard this morning - 04/23/19 01:56 AM

thumbup thumbup

Re: Killed my first double beard this morning - 04/23/19 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by Bamaturkeykilla
You'll never see the info on the transmitter. I killed one back in 2011 on private land that had one. I took it to the closest WMA check in station to find a GW. He took my name, address and phone number and gave me his and told me they would mail me the data once they had a chance to study it themselves. It's 2019 and he's yet to return my phone call after leaving messages for 3 years. I gave up.

If I ever kill another one with a transmitter, they'll never see it. I'll find someone to get the data for me. I was curious to see his travel patterns between fall and spring over the years.

They won’t see that transmitter unless I already have the data
Posted By: Morris

Re: Killed my first double beard this morning - 04/23/19 02:11 AM

Congrats. Interested to see how this plays out. Good luck
Posted By: Bamaturkeykilla

Re: Killed my first double beard this morning - 04/23/19 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by Hevishot13
Originally Posted by Bamaturkeykilla

They won’t see that transmitter unless I already have the data

Good luck. Hopefully it works out. I'm curious to hear the results.
Posted By: ridgestalker

Re: Killed my first double beard this morning - 04/23/19 09:37 AM

They will tell you the day it was trapped and where when you call the number. If it was not from last year tagging the transmitter probably has stopped working by now. Nice lady when you call. Congrats
Posted By: OlTimer

Re: Killed my first double beard this morning - 04/23/19 10:17 AM

I killed a mourning dove in the early 80's that was banded in south Mississippi. I mailed it in and found out that it was banded in Elgin, Illinois and was 7 years old! No telling how many dove shoots that old bird had gotten thru. They sent me a nice certificate as well. Keep us posted. Congrats!
Posted By: AU_trout_bum

Re: Killed my first double beard this morning - 04/23/19 03:06 PM

Very cool! Please keep us posted, as I am certainly interested to know more details on that 'ol boy!

Any info on the transmitter? If it's an AU transmitter, I could probably facilitate the process.

Re: Killed my first double beard this morning - 04/23/19 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by AU_trout_bum
Very cool! Please keep us posted, as I am certainly interested to know more details on that 'ol boy!

Any info on the transmitter? If it's an AU transmitter, I could probably facilitate the process.

Yes it was an Auburn transmitter as a matter of fact
Posted By: 280Rem.

Re: Killed my first double beard this morning - 04/23/19 03:18 PM

Congrats
Posted By: 7x57_Mauser

Re: Killed my first double beard this morning - 04/23/19 10:41 PM

Give that transmitter to someone going on an out of state trip! Then call it in when they return. Get someone going to South Dakota or something...that'd be hilarious.
Posted By: Strictlybow

Re: Killed my first double beard this morning - 04/24/19 02:28 AM

I bet when you call the number on the tag Whild_Bill answers.
Posted By: Goose11

Re: Killed my first double beard this morning - 04/24/19 03:47 AM

That’s awesome!! Congratulations on many levels! I hope you’ll post the details you learn!! Very cool!!
Posted By: gobbleman

Re: Killed my first double beard this morning - 04/24/19 08:21 PM

Very nice,congrats!!
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Killed my first double beard this morning - 04/24/19 09:43 PM

congrats

double beards can be fairly common in some geographic areas. I hunted one area that double beards made up prolly 25% of the birds killed. Other areas they are pretty rare.
Posted By: DeerNutz0U812_

Re: Killed my first double beard this morning - 04/24/19 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Hevishot13
Originally Posted by AU_trout_bum

Yes it was an Auburn transmitter as a matter of fact
Crap it prolly don't work then..... crazy X2 on the details if you get them...Interesting for sure... thumbup
Posted By: AUwrestler

Re: Killed my first double beard this morning - 04/24/19 10:44 PM

Congrats
© 2024 ALDEER.COM