Aldeer.com

Mouth call only?

Posted By: CAL

Mouth call only? - 04/22/19 03:18 AM

Any of y’all that can run a mouth call well only carry a mouth call? If not, what else do you carry and why? As I’m getting better at using one I’m thinking of only using a mouth call and leaving the slate call behind.
Thanks
Posted By: Gobble4me757

Re: Mouth call only? - 04/22/19 04:55 AM

I really only use a mouth call (Houndstooth Vixen), but I do carry a glass/crystal call to cut through the wind on windy days. I also like to carry a box call for windy days and for long distance locating etc...
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Mouth call only? - 04/22/19 07:14 AM

never
Posted By: sj22

Re: Mouth call only? - 04/22/19 09:57 AM

I always got one in my mouth but carry a slate and a glass call too because different birds respond to different calls, the last one I killed only answered the glass call
Posted By: Atoler

Re: Mouth call only? - 04/22/19 10:20 AM

If I’m going light I carry a mouth call only. I’ve got a ceramic pot, glass pot, and a box in my vest but the only time they get used is if I’m prospecting or happen to find a bird that doesn’t like the mouth call. 99% of my birds have been killed with a mouth call.
Posted By: blade

Re: Mouth call only? - 04/22/19 10:43 AM

No, at a minimum, I will have a pot call and a box with me as well.
Posted By: YEKRUT

Re: Mouth call only? - 04/22/19 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Atoler
If I’m going light I carry a mouth call only. I’ve got a ceramic pot, glass pot, and a box in my vest but the only time they get used is if I’m prospecting or happen to find a bird that doesn’t like the mouth call. 99% of my birds have been killed with a mouth call.

This ^^^^^
Posted By: BC

Re: Mouth call only? - 04/22/19 12:06 PM

I use a mouth call a lot and almost exclusively. However, I carry two box calls and two pot calls in my vest because there's always that one bird that won't answer a mouth call but will burn it down to a box call. Happens at least once about every year.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM