Aldeer.com

Gobbling Reports?

Posted By: fillmore

Gobbling Reports? - 03/12/19 12:34 PM

For those that hunted youth weekend and/or been listening in the morning, have the birds been talking or has the cold weather still got them tight lipped?
Posted By: Coosa1

Re: Gobbling Reports? - 03/12/19 12:37 PM

Had one gobble about 15 times in south coosa county Saturday morning.
Posted By: Powpow65

Re: Gobbling Reports? - 03/12/19 12:41 PM

Been on fire in Jackson County
Posted By: tbest3

Re: Gobbling Reports? - 03/12/19 12:48 PM

Heard 3 getting with it this morning on the Crenshaw/Butler co line.
Posted By: CAL

Re: Gobbling Reports? - 03/12/19 01:12 PM

Saturday morning they gobbled good but not a peep Sunday.
Posted By: Semo

Re: Gobbling Reports? - 03/12/19 01:25 PM

No gobbling heard in Talladega NF.
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: Gobbling Reports? - 03/12/19 01:28 PM

I’ve got poor reports so far. I listened in TNF Saturday morn and heard nothing, cousin listened in bibb Saturday and Sunday heard nothing, and buddy in Lee co this morn heard nothing. I think theyll be on fire when the season opens. Weather looks absolutely perfect for the first week of the season.
Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Re: Gobbling Reports? - 03/12/19 01:31 PM

Heard nothing but crows this morning. I figured I'd hear at least a couple but nada.

Dr. B
Posted By: CKyleC

Re: Gobbling Reports? - 03/12/19 01:39 PM

Listened Friday morning, nothing.

This morning, one gobbled once. Only had 30min to listen
Posted By: ozarktroutbum

Re: Gobbling Reports? - 03/12/19 01:40 PM

No clue but walking outside this morning going to work sure seemed like it’s be a gobbling morning
Posted By: Mully

Re: Gobbling Reports? - 03/12/19 01:43 PM

Buddy on the Montgomery/Bullock county line said they were flat getting after this morning. Said he heard 5-7 from one spot on the limb then went to another spot and hooted and two about blew his hat off then just came strutting out into the road he was parked on and had no mind of him or his truck 75yds away.

Re: Gobbling Reports? - 03/12/19 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by jlbuc10
Weather looks absolutely perfect for the first week of the season.

Looking good so far. Shouldn’t change that much between now and Saturday. If the weather blows through Wednesday-Thursday, then everything should stabilize back by Saturday.
Posted By: BrentM

Re: Gobbling Reports? - 03/12/19 02:05 PM

I heard my first gobble this morning since deer season. Heard 2 turkeys gobble once each across a big cove from where I was. The closest one was a little over 3/4 of a mile and the other one was farther than that but this was one of those mornings you can hear a long way.
The first one was on a fellow aldeer member’s uncle’s place and real low on the mountain wink
Posted By: hopper35005

Re: Gobbling Reports? - 03/12/19 02:17 PM

Nothing gobbling on our place Saturday or Sunday ....and we hunted all day Saturday and till around 10 on Sunday this was Greene county. Hopefully this weekend the barometric pressure will be ideal.
Posted By: AUwrestler

Re: Gobbling Reports? - 03/12/19 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Powpow65
Been on fire in Jackson County

Only heard 1 gobble twice on Saturday in Jackson county.
Posted By: BamaGuitarDude

Re: Gobbling Reports? - 03/12/19 02:40 PM

nada so far
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: Gobbling Reports? - 03/12/19 02:48 PM

Brother just sent me pics of 2 strutter in someone’s front yard between Indian pines and the airport in auburn. My immediate thought was pets but he said the ran into the woods when he tried to get close. [Linked Image]
Posted By: ozarktroutbum

Re: Gobbling Reports? - 03/12/19 04:08 PM

Jeez, no expert but those look like wild turkeys through and through.
Posted By: TR

Re: Gobbling Reports? - 03/12/19 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by ozarktroutbum
Jeez, no expert but those look like wild turkeys through and through.

They just waiting on the bird feeder to get filled up....The one on the ground in the edge of the woods...
Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Re: Gobbling Reports? - 03/12/19 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Mully
Buddy on the Montgomery/Bullock county line said they were flat getting after this morning. Said he heard 5-7 from one spot on the limb then went to another spot and hooted and two about blew his hat off then just came strutting out into the road he was parked on and had no mind of him or his truck 75yds away.

Think I know where I’d be Saturday morning. You’re about to find out how good a friend you really are! grin

Dr. B
Posted By: 7x57_Mauser

Re: Gobbling Reports? - 03/12/19 08:13 PM

Went and listened this morning in Shelby county, didn't hear anything. I did find a chewed up 6pt dead head though!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Posted By: lefthorn

Re: Gobbling Reports? - 03/12/19 11:59 PM

Hunted Chilton on Saturday of youth. Had three different birds gobbling. Not a ton but enough
Posted By: GomerPyle

Re: Gobbling Reports? - 03/13/19 01:13 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: dsmc

Re: Gobbling Reports? - 03/13/19 02:23 AM

Went out in the backyard this morning just as the 1st light was beginning to show in the east.
1st time I’ve owled this year and had 2 instantly gobble.....chased those 2 bastidges miles upon miles last season.....it on
Posted By: Elba thermal

Re: Gobbling Reports? - 03/13/19 02:46 AM

Hunted Coffee county youth weekend. Not a peep, but had 18 in field about a mile down the road.
Posted By: G/H

Re: Gobbling Reports? - 03/13/19 02:53 AM

Brother just sent me pics of 2 strutter in someone’s front yard between Indian pines and the airport in auburn. My immediate thought was pets but he said the ran into the woods when he tried to get close. [Linked Image]

They hang around there a lot. Sometimes they are on the airport or on the Opelika side
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: Gobbling Reports? - 03/13/19 03:29 AM

Ain’t heard a peep the last two mornings at the house. Didn’t hear anything in perry cnty Saturday morning either.
Posted By: Lonster

Re: Gobbling Reports? - 03/13/19 11:50 AM

Gobbling in Fayette County this morning.

Re: Gobbling Reports? - 03/13/19 01:08 PM

I figured today would be a good morning.

Looking like Saturday will be a little cooler, but should be a pretty good day besides that.
Posted By: Coosa1

Re: Gobbling Reports? - 03/13/19 01:09 PM

Spoke to a buddy who listened in north Elmore county this morning and heard three.
Posted By: olemossy

Re: Gobbling Reports? - 03/13/19 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by G/H

They hang around there a lot. Sometimes they are on the airport or on the Opelika side

Those birds are always there. All the way from there to the old mill in Opelika.
Posted By: deadeye48

Re: Gobbling Reports? - 03/13/19 01:15 PM

I've just adopted the name Shultz so I KNOW NOTHING...I KNOW NOTHING
Posted By: Turkeymaster

Re: Gobbling Reports? - 03/13/19 02:04 PM

I've heard two turkeys both gobbled one time a piece, havent heard of many people hearing them around my places
Posted By: jdfarm23

Re: Gobbling Reports? - 03/13/19 02:44 PM

I’ve listened two mornings and haven’t heard a thing. Seen turkeys both times, and have gobblers on camera but they haven’t been talking the mornings i listened.
Posted By: hallb

Re: Gobbling Reports? - 03/15/19 12:04 AM

I don't know if they're gobbling, but they're doing a little dancing for the ladies in Pike County

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: Gobbling Reports? - 03/15/19 12:10 AM

Leave my turkeys alone rofl

Re: Gobbling Reports? - 03/15/19 12:18 AM

What's the cold weather going to do to them on Saturday?

Sometimes I think high pressure is more important than temps
Posted By: hallb

Re: Gobbling Reports? - 03/15/19 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by 257wbymag
Leave my turkeys alone rofl

You can have sloppy seconds smile
Posted By: crocker

Re: Gobbling Reports? - 03/15/19 01:42 PM

It was overcast and still this morning and I heard a couple wearing it out.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM