Aldeer.com

Countdown

Posted By: YEKRUT

Countdown - 12/18/18 03:00 AM

It’s going to be here before you know it. 74 more days.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Daggerz

Re: 74 days - 12/18/18 03:24 AM

And I am ready!
Posted By: AUwrestler

Re: 74 days - 12/18/18 03:25 AM

Hoping for a couple more like this, this year.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: ridgestalker

Re: 74 days - 12/18/18 05:03 AM

I was slipping thru the woods deer hunting and came to a complete stop when I thought I heard drumming. Then it hit me not likely .
Posted By: Bamaturkeykilla

Re: 74 days - 12/18/18 05:20 AM

Buddy of mine I hunt with sent me this yesterday. Right on the GA line. Somebody's ready.

[Linked Image]

Re: 74 days - 12/18/18 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Daggerz
And I am ready!

I’ve got to make some lodging arrangements at the new place, book some rooms in a couple states, and load up a few shells, but other than that I think I’m ready as well.
Posted By: sj22

Re: 74 days - 12/18/18 12:53 PM

Yep, patiently waiting
Posted By: North40R

Re: 74 days - 12/18/18 01:01 PM

Nope! Just not feeling it right now. May just sit this season out. Lol!

I made 3 jakes gobble here in my yard Sunday morning. Drove up on a nice gobbler yesterday while running traps.
Posted By: HHSyelper

Re: 74 days - 12/18/18 02:34 PM

I missed all of last season due to surgery, so I'm just a little excited about this up coming season.
Posted By: hootn

Re: 74 days - 12/18/18 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by YEKRUT
Originally Posted by Daggerz
And I am ready!

I’ve got to make some lodging arrangements at the new place, book some rooms in a couple states, and load up a few shells, but other than that I think I’m ready as well.

all ive got to do is figuring out which part of Oklahoma that we are going to. the spot we went to last year or to black kettle. is that 74 days to the 15th or 16th? my countdown says 86 days till the 15th
Posted By: AU coonhunter

Re: 74 days - 12/18/18 06:16 PM

73 days to March 2nd. Yek and I are starting early this year lol.
Posted By: turkey247

Re: 74 days - 12/18/18 06:22 PM

Can’t wait - hoping to get my first this year!!

Re: 74 days - 12/18/18 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by AU coonhunter
73 days to March 2nd. Yek and I are starting early this year lol.

Can’t get here soon enough either. I finished watching the Pinhoti project this week so i guess I’ll start over soon with the Florida hunts again.
Posted By: GomerPyle

Re: 74 days - 12/18/18 10:07 PM

Been [re]reading Tenth Legion the last few nights.....I feel like a crackhead needing a fix. Doesn't help when folks text me random pics of strutting gobblers every so often either.

Re: 74 days - 12/18/18 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by GomerPyle

Been [re]reading Tenth Legion the last few nights.....I feel like a crackhead needing a fix. Doesn't help when folks text me random pics of strutting gobblers every so often either.

What’s your phone number?
Posted By: TNTomtaker01

Re: 74 days - 12/19/18 12:36 AM

Which means I’m going to need some help getting this little 20ga set up ole buddy ole pal!! Ben a crappy duck season and deer just don’t peek my interest anymore so bring on spring!!

Re: 74 days - 12/19/18 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by TNTomtaker01
Which means I’m going to need some help getting this little 20ga set up ole buddy ole pal!! Ben a crappy duck season and deer just don’t peek my interest anymore so bring on spring!!

Say when and we will get you some loaded up and get it dialed in.
Posted By: TNTomtaker01

Re: 74 days - 12/19/18 12:44 AM

Trying to decide if I want a fast fire or a vortex venom or just good rifle style sights and pick up a choke then I’ll be ready for some loading and testing!!

Re: 74 days - 12/19/18 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by turkey247

C’mon Gomer - we will only send you a few pics a day grin
Posted By: CKyleC

Re: 74 days - 12/19/18 01:28 AM

My mind has already shifted from deer to turkeys. For the past 3 years I've said I was going to get a 20ga and some TSS set up just for turkey. I think this is the year.
Posted By: jdfarm23

Re: 74 days - 12/19/18 03:36 AM

Nothing compares.

[Linked Image]

Re: 74 days - 12/19/18 02:38 PM

The last thing I need is my number posted up here where Perch can start texting me "Hey Goober..." instead of pm'ing me here.
Posted By: Hevishot13

Re: 74 days - 12/19/18 03:43 PM

The last thing I need is my number posted up here where Perch can start texting me "Hey Goober..." instead of pm'ing me here.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: NWALJM

Re: 74 days - 12/19/18 09:25 PM

So someone school me on turkey patterns - how drastically different are they between Spring and Fall? I saw 5 huge gobblers last weekend on our TN deer property all together scratching in some hardwoods. A couple of them had beards dragging the ground nearly.

I'd never really gotten all that excited about seeing turkeys, but these guys were really close to me, and were fascinating to watch. They are constantly making some sort of vocalization even when just walking around.

It got me thinking maybe it's time to give turkey hunting a serious try next Spring, but I wondered if those turkeys would even be in the same area come then?

Re: 74 days - 12/19/18 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by NWALJM
So someone school me on turkey patterns - how drastically different are they between Spring and Fall? I saw 5 huge gobblers last weekend on our TN deer property all together scratching in some hardwoods. A couple of them had beards dragging the ground nearly.

I'd never really gotten all that excited about seeing turkeys, but these guys were really close to me, and were fascinating to watch. They are constantly making some sort of vocalization even when just walking around.

It got me thinking maybe it's time to give turkey hunting a serious try next Spring, but I wondered if those turkeys would even be in the same area come then?

Don’t do it man, let a training professional such as myself scope out the situation first. If it’s safe and only when it’s safe will I take you to experience a hunt. People get hurt bad messing with toms.
Posted By: North40R

Re: 74 days - 12/19/18 09:58 PM

How awesome is that for Yekrut to offer that kind of security for a fellow Hunter. NWALJM that's an incredibly generous offer that you better jump on quick. I'd get it in writing if it was me!...

Re: 74 days - 12/19/18 09:59 PM

Don’t do it man, let a training professional such as myself scope out the situation first. If it’s safe and only when it’s safe will I take you to experience a hunt. People get hurt bad messing with toms.

NWALJM,

Ignore Turkey Backwards' advice..........he just wants to kill all your birds. Let me investigate it instead..........it took me 6 yrs to kill 2 of the damn things, so your birds will be in little danger.

Re: 74 days - 12/19/18 11:51 PM

Lol, I was born at night boys but it weren’t last night grin
Posted By: Southwood7

Re: 74 days - 12/20/18 12:10 AM

I don’t care what the CAB says, turkey season in Alabama starts March 15th

Re: 74 days - 12/20/18 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by Southwood7

I don’t care what the CAB says, turkey season in Alabama starts when birds start gobbling

FIFY

grin

Re: 74 days - 12/20/18 03:55 AM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: 74 days - 12/20/18 04:04 AM

Some will stay, some will leave. Start practicing calling now, and never forget that silence is golden with turkeys. Read the top post in this section and it will help with the learning curve. Also a bunch of good guys here who would be happy to call one in for you.

Re: 74 days - 12/20/18 05:21 AM

Thanks AU. This may be the first season I give turkey hunting a legitimate try. I’ve either heard or seen turkeys about every deer sit this season.

Re: 74 days - 12/20/18 07:11 PM

The shocker here still to this day and even though it is old news now is that Gomer actually killed a turkey last season. I’m still thinking he hit a flock on the highway and just counted that as his first kill. smile

Re: 74 days - 12/20/18 07:32 PM

The shocker here still to this day and even though it is old news now is that Gomer actually killed a turkey last season. I’m still thinking he hit a flock on the highway and just counted that as his first kill. smile

Not "a" turkey.............2....Two.....Deux.....Dos......turkeys. Get it right!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: 74 days - 12/20/18 07:53 PM

Lol

Re: 74 days - 12/20/18 07:55 PM

Is that what you look like. Good gosh, I wasn't ready for that. Thought you looking like the guy from 5 for fighting .

Re: 74 days - 01/09/19 04:10 AM

52 more days, is it to early to pack the truck reckon?
Posted By: CarbonClimber1

Re: 74 days - 01/09/19 04:26 AM

52 more days, is it to early to pack the truck reckon?

I was cleanin out my truck an opened the glove box an turkey shells an extra mouth calls just fell in the floor board....truck cleanin turned into..hmm..i dont remember this one....lemme runnit a minute an see what it sounds like...needless to say i accomplished nothing.
Posted By: BamaGuitarDude

Re: Countdown - 01/09/19 09:16 PM

i wonder what'll be posted this season (most likely by me) that'll get everybody all pissed off & riled up ... LOL

[Linked Image]
Posted By: n2deer

Re: Countdown - 01/15/19 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by BamaGuitarDude
i wonder what'll be posted this season (most likely by me) that'll get everybody all pissed off & riled up ... LOL

[Linked Image]

New song?

Re: Countdown - 01/15/19 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by n2deer
[quote=BamaGuitarDude]i wonder what'll be posted this season (most likely by me) that'll get everybody all pissed off & riled up ... LOL

New song?

gonna be hard to top what i've already done! LOL

Re: Countdown - 01/15/19 05:16 PM

[quote=BamaGuitarDude]i wonder what'll be posted this season (most likely by me) that'll get everybody all pissed off & riled up ... LOL

New song?

I’ve got the perfect song and material if you want to do it. Guaranteed to be a hit.

Re: Countdown - 01/15/19 08:08 PM

New song?

I’ve got the perfect song and material if you want to do it. Guaranteed to be a hit.

hmmm ...
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: Countdown - 01/20/19 09:38 PM

I officially moved my cameras from deer spots to turkey spots today after leaving my farm for the last time until march
Posted By: CKyleC

Re: Countdown - 01/20/19 10:35 PM

ordered a new call

sapele and stoned aluminum
© 2024 ALDEER.COM