Aldeer.com

WTB Bob Dixon Vest M/L

Posted By: Jlong86

WTB Bob Dixon Vest M/L - 12/09/18 03:47 PM

Looking for Bob Dixon vest size m/l. If any of you have one or know someone does I’m willing to pay.
Thanks John.
Will trade for Osceola hunt as well.
Posted By: foldemup

Re: WTB Bob Dixon Vest M/L - 12/09/18 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Jlong86
Looking for Bob Dixon vest size m/l. If any of you have one or know someone does I’m willing to pay.
Thanks John.i
Will trade for Osceola hunt as well.

I don’t have the vest, but I’ll trade some Easterns for some Osceolas!
Posted By: crenshawco

Re: WTB Bob Dixon Vest M/L - 12/10/18 12:32 AM

What's the going rate for the Dixons these days?
Posted By: GomerPyle

Re: WTB Bob Dixon Vest M/L - 12/10/18 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by crenshawco
What's the going rate for the Dixons these days?

you didn't need that first-born child anyway, pal....
Posted By: Bustinbeards

Re: WTB Bob Dixon Vest M/L - 12/10/18 05:53 PM

Not sure of the going rate, but I paid 100$ for mine.....I actually hunt with mine and it would take a hell of a lot more for me to sell it though! Lol
Posted By: mr.clif

Re: WTB Bob Dixon Vest M/L - 12/10/18 06:13 PM

Last one I seen on Ebay went for over five fold what they cost new. I hunted with mine 1 year and sold for twice I gave for it. Their cool vests and went to a good cause but it was my least favorite vest I've owned.

Re: WTB Bob Dixon Vest M/L - 12/10/18 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by mr.clif
Last one I seen on Ebay went for over five fold what they cost new. I hunted with mine 1 year and sold for twice I gave for it. Their cool vests and went to a good cause but it was my least favorite vest I've owned.

I haven't seen one sold in a while so I was wondering if they were still bringing $700+. I hunted with mine a few times and put it up too. It's still hanging in my closet, but I don't really have any reason to sell it. Mine is #81.
Posted By: Ranger Rick

Re: WTB Bob Dixon Vest M/L - 12/11/18 04:12 PM

I knew Bob Dixon before he started to work for Mossy Oak when he was at Rusty's Sporting Goods in Vestavia. I was very active in B'ham chapter of NWTF in the late 80s and early to mid 90s. I think in 1988, or close to it, I won a door prize at a Bham NWTF banquet. It was a vest Bob had just introduced in Mossy Oak Bottom land camo as I recall. That was NWTF's 15th Anniversary. I still have the vest. I did not realize that it was such a hot ticket item. I will bring it home this weekend from my hunting camp. I don't recall it being numbered, but it may well be. It was one of his first ones I believe. What other identifying marks will let it be known as a Bob Dixon vest? I am Rick at 205-305-9600

Re: WTB Bob Dixon Vest M/L - 12/11/18 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Ranger Rick
I knew Bob Dixon before he started to work for Mossy Oak when he was at Rusty's Sporting Goods in Vestavia. I was very active in B'ham chapter of NWTF in the late 80s and early to mid 90s. I think in 1988, or close to it, I won a door prize at a Bham NWTF banquet. It was a vest Bob had just introduced in Mossy Oak Bottom land camo as I recall. That was NWTF's 15th Anniversary. I still have the vest. I did not realize that it was such a hot ticket item. I will bring it home this weekend from my hunting camp. I don't recall it being numbered, but it may well be. It was one of his first ones I believe. What other identifying marks will let it be known as a Bob Dixon vest? I am Rick at 205-305-9600

Here's a little info on the vest. It was a limited production run of 1,986 vests. Each was numbered. https://www.outdoorlife.com/blogs/strut-zone/2007/02/one-cool-vest
Posted By: Ranger Rick

Re: WTB Bob Dixon Vest M/L - 12/12/18 03:38 PM

thanks for the update. Sorry guys, the vest I have is NOT the Limited Edition "memorial" 2007 Dixon vest. I wish it was now that I know the history. Mine is simply one of Mossy Oak's early turkey vests and Bob helped design it in the late 80s before he got caner. Now that I know the full story, at least I will think about Bob as I wear the vest I do have with pride. He was one of those guys that when he walked into the room, you knew he was someone Special !.
Posted By: jacannon

Re: WTB Bob Dixon Vest M/L - 12/12/18 10:15 PM

Mine is #310 I hunt with it some .but it is heavy when you put something in everyone of those pockets.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM