Aldeer.com

Flying turkey

Posted By: jb20

Flying turkey - 11/12/18 12:15 AM

Took lil man out today hoping to c a deer and saw a turkey fly up about roosting time. I watched it about 75 yards out for a few mins then it flew to another tree about 50 yards for a few then again to about 20 yards from me for about 5 seconds and flew outta sight is that normal for turkeys?
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: Flying turkey - 11/12/18 12:17 AM

Yes. I see them limb hop regular. I assume they don’t like the view at the first spot they stop

Re: Flying turkey - 11/12/18 12:26 AM

Gotcha I've hunted here my whole life and until 2 years ago never saw the first turkey so I'm kinda new to their behavior
Posted By: Avengedsevenfold

Re: Flying turkey - 11/12/18 03:39 AM

Wait a min! You mean you are seeing turkeys where you’ve never EVER seen them before?

How is that possible? Chucky says they are going the way of the Dodo statewide
Posted By: Carlos

Re: Flying turkey - 11/12/18 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by Avengedsevenfold
Wait a min! You mean you are seeing turkeys where you’ve never EVER seen them before?

O young grasshopper, you and Mr. Nick have so much to learn!

Re: Flying turkey - 11/12/18 04:17 AM

Well I have a good coon Hunter here that stays busy on our land in off season and I think it might b helping turkeys that's only thing I can think of...and I've killed a lot of coyotes last couple years where i have let sum go waiting on a buck in the past

Re: Flying turkey - 11/15/18 12:22 PM

Predator control most definitely helps.
Posted By: poorcountrypreacher

Re: Flying turkey - 11/15/18 01:10 PM

Anarchist! There are no turkeys left. Greedy hunters killed all the gobblers before they could breed.
Posted By: Dublgrumpy

Re: Flying turkey - 11/24/18 04:07 AM

That's strange, I could have sworn I saw one with a 10" beard a day or two ago slingin' cow Pattie everywhere. Must have been dreaming of the other 7 with him to.

Re: Flying turkey - 11/24/18 04:14 AM

By the way preacher, I believe it was you the other day that mentioned having some weights for a jd 5210 tractor. I believe those will fit my 5200 & I could use em if you still got em.

Re: Flying turkey - 11/25/18 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Dublgrumpy
By the way preacher, I believe it was you the other day that mentioned having some weights for a jd 5210 tractor. I believe those will fit my 5200 & I could use em if you still got em.

I didn't ever hear from you, so I forgot to look for them. I will try to remember to look next trip. How about sending me a pm in a few days to remind me?
Posted By: 2Dogs

Re: Flying turkey - 11/25/18 06:30 PM

Predator control slap, Chuck and Co. know best , lowering the limit to three is the ticket to more turkeys.

Re: Flying turkey - 11/25/18 08:39 PM

Preacher it wasn't me that said anything to you about the weights until now.I just remember you mentioning to somebody on a thread that you may have some jd weights. I don't hardly know anyone on here, but I think you came by our place here in Chilton co. A good while back.

Re: Flying turkey - 11/26/18 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Dublgrumpy
Preacher it wasn't me that said anything to you about the weights until now.I just remember you mentioning to somebody on a thread that you may have some jd weights. I don't hardly know anyone on here, but I think you came by our place here in Chilton co. A good while back.

Sorry about that; I didn't remember who it was looking for them. I will check and see if I still have them.

Re: Flying turkey - 11/29/18 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by 2Dogs

Predator control slap, Chuck and Co. know best , lowering the limit to three is the ticket to more turkeys.

Chuck and Co.

rofl
© 2024 ALDEER.COM