Aldeer.com

Wingbone call

Posted By: Bustinbeards

Wingbone call - 10/01/18 01:14 AM

Anyone here made one or have any pointers? I recently tore down my old shed and found the wings to the first turkey I ever killed, it was a jake. They had been in the rafters and were moldy and tore up but enough of the bones were there to attempt to make a call. I figure why not rather than throw them away. I think It would be a pretty cool deal to make a call of the first turkey I ever killed and try to call one up.
Posted By: geeb1

Re: Wingbone call - 10/01/18 01:21 AM

I have made a few of my own. A little time consuming. I used one to kill a tom with many years ago. I made mine with just two bones. I had to use some glue to make it airtight.
Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Re: Wingbone call - 10/01/18 03:34 AM

I made one back when I was a teenager. Instructions were in a Sports Afield or Field and Stream. It sounded alright but I never could get consistent enough notes to take it to the woods.

Dr. B
Posted By: ozarktroutbum

Re: Wingbone call - 10/01/18 04:08 AM

Good luck with it. I have never tried a wingbone.

Re: Wingbone call - 10/01/18 11:01 AM

I boiled them in borax and soap. And cleaned them out. Need to epoxy them now and clean them up a little. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: mr.clif

Re: Wingbone call - 10/01/18 12:04 PM

Catman has a good youtube video showing how along with couple others. I've made a few and sent a set of hen bones to Kevin Rouse at Bent Creek wingbones and he did a excellent job.

Re: Wingbone call - 10/01/18 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by mr.clif
Catman has a good youtube video showing how along with couple others. I've made a few and sent a set of hen bones to Kevin Rouse at Bent Creek wingbones and he did a excellent job.

I watched catmans video before I started, it's a good video. It's actually what made me want to give it a try.
Posted By: TurkeyJoe

Re: Wingbone call - 10/01/18 12:54 PM

I made one this year from a bearded hen my buddy killed while we were in Kansas. It looks good, and somebody could prolly make it sound like a turkey. I, on the other hand, need more practice.
Posted By: davisd9

Re: Wingbone call - 12/04/18 02:15 PM

Good luck in your project but remember not all wing bones make good calls. Wing bone makers usually choose bones to use.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM