Aldeer.com

Hydro Dipping?

Posted By: Bamaturkeykilla

Hydro Dipping? - 08/29/18 03:41 AM

Any place between Bham, Atlanta, or Auburn to Valdosta area to get a shotgun dipped? I'm usually all over for work so I am flexible for leaving it with someone that does good work.
Posted By: BBGM

Re: Hydro Dipping? - 08/29/18 11:09 AM

Jay McFarland at jays hydrographic in Bessemer .He does a lot for steyer 205-565-7169.Ask for jay the owner he is a good man and tell him randy sent you.
Posted By: Ben2

Re: Hydro Dipping? - 08/29/18 11:35 AM

Mark's may so it still not sure though. call them 205-822-2010
Posted By: mr.clif

Re: Hydro Dipping? - 08/29/18 11:57 AM

If you get close to southern Tennessee I've yet to find better pricing and service than IronHorse Gunworks in Leoma TN
Posted By: sportrep

Re: Hydro Dipping? - 08/30/18 09:36 PM

Jay, in Bessemer, has done two guns for me. He did a great job on both of them and was reasonably priced.

Re: Hydro Dipping? - 08/31/18 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by sportrep
Jay, in Bessemer, has done two guns for me. He did a great job on both of them and was reasonably priced.

How has it held up? Resistant to rubs and bumps or do you have to be really careful with it? Never had one dipped and don't wanna spend the money if I'm gonna rub it all off in the woods chasing turkeys.
Posted By: BC

Re: Hydro Dipping? - 08/31/18 10:48 AM

Depending on what pattern you want you would be better off waiting and paying the extra cheddar for a cerakote job. They keep getting better and better at it, and Bottomland is now being offered. I've never seen a hydro dip job from anyone last more than 2-3 years before it starts looking poor and some I've seen that didn't last near that long.

Re: Hydro Dipping? - 08/31/18 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by BC
Depending on what pattern you want you would be better off waiting and paying the extra cheddar for a cerakote job. They keep getting better and better at it, and Bottomland is now being offered. I've never seen a hydro dip job from anyone last more than 2-3 years before it starts looking poor and some I've seen that didn't last near that long.

On that note, who could do the cerakote in that pattern? I'm not sold on the dipping as much as I am changing the color of my gun. I got several guns cerakoted but didn't know that have gotten to patterns in cerakote.

Re: Hydro Dipping? - 08/31/18 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Bamaturkeykilla
On that note, who could do the cerakote in that pattern? I'm not sold on the dipping as much as I am changing the color of my gun. I got several guns cerakoted but didn't know that have gotten to patterns in cerakote.

https://www.mossyoak.com/our-obsess...nish-now-available-from-rykan-industries

Browning is offering most of their newer camo guns in the new Bottomland cerakote. I may call them and see who's doing their work.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: SCR00BK

Re: Hydro Dipping? - 09/07/18 10:56 PM

Looks like $400 for a Bottomland cerakote job from Rykan.
Posted By: BBGM

Re: Hydro Dipping? - 09/07/18 11:43 PM

I second jay in Bessemer he is a good god fearing man.
Posted By: Beadlescomb

Re: Hydro Dipping? - 09/07/18 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by BBGM
I second jay in Bessemer he is a good god fearing man.

His paw in law was on here for awhile. Wadenthebushes. Took them all squirrel hunting a few years ago
Posted By: Tailwalk7

Re: Hydro Dipping? - 09/10/18 01:44 AM

So... they can cerakote camo patterns now? I thought all the camo patterns were from dips?

Re: Hydro Dipping? - 09/10/18 03:42 PM

They have always had the ability to cerakote old Bottomland. It takes three matching colors and a stencil you can buy off of ebay. The newer stuff is more tricky.
Posted By: gundoc

Re: Hydro Dipping? - 09/12/18 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by BC
Originally Posted by Bamaturkeykilla

https://www.mossyoak.com/our-obsess...nish-now-available-from-rykan-industries

Browning is offering most of their newer camo guns in the new Bottomland cerakote. I may call them and see who's doing their work.

[Linked Image]

Dang! That Browning is impressive if that's all cerakote . Reading the link I believe it a dip that was sprayed with a matte clear cerakote
Posted By: GomerPyle

Re: Hydro Dipping? - 01/06/19 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by BC
They have always had the ability to cerakote old Bottomland. It takes three matching colors and a stencil you can buy off of ebay. The newer stuff is more tricky.

So if one wanted to have a gun cerakoted in OLD bottomland, who would they contact and what should the expect it to cost? Anyone in central AL that does it? I got a Winchester 1300 that would look awesome in old bottomland.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM