Aldeer.com

Bad thing about #9 TSS

Posted By: bwhunter

Bad thing about #9 TSS - 06/20/18 01:04 AM

Grilled an injected turkey breast on the egg tonight that turned out pretty good but my wife bit into a tiny #9 shot that I missed. I also found several pieces of feather in the middle of the breast and I'm guessing there are a few more shot I haven't found yet. This was after meticulously cleaning the breast and trying to find every pellet hole I could and pull out the feathers. Those 9's are so tiny compared to a 6 or 7. I can't imagine how bad it would be trying to eat one if you actually put a lot of shot in the breast with a low shot or killed one at long distance where the pattern had expanded some.
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: Bad thing about #9 TSS - 06/20/18 01:08 AM

If you don't pass the tss shot will an MRI pull it out your stomach???
Posted By: crenshawco

Re: Bad thing about #9 TSS - 06/20/18 01:10 AM

Besides being the best way to cook turkey, this is another reason to cut them in strips and fry them

Re: Bad thing about #9 TSS - 06/20/18 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by crenshawco
Besides being the best way to cook turkey, this is another reason to cut them in strips and fry them

I still don't think you'll find them all. I agree that fried is better but I wanted to try something different. This was actually really moist on the inside and pretty tasty.
Posted By: Tailwalk7

Re: Bad thing about #9 TSS - 06/20/18 03:28 AM

Shoot them in the head. lol
Posted By: Hevishot13

Re: Bad thing about #9 TSS - 06/20/18 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by Tailwalk7

Yep lol

Re: Bad thing about #9 TSS - 06/20/18 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Hevishot13
Originally Posted by Tailwalk7

Yep lol

I did! The few that were in the breast must have been stray pellets because this turkey didn't even flop. That was my point in saying I can't imagine how bad it would be if you actually centered with shot in the top of the breast. It would be hard to eat.
Posted By: lectrode

Re: Bad thing about #9 TSS - 06/20/18 11:05 AM

Sounds like your choke is not tight enough.
Posted By: Thisldu

Re: Bad thing about #9 TSS - 06/20/18 04:25 PM

Same thing here, I bit on one pretty hard last weekend! It was cut up and fried, I never saw it. Not going to stop me from shooting them though.
Posted By: Smells

Re: Bad thing about #9 TSS - 06/20/18 08:22 PM

Metal detector.
Posted By: Highlander

Re: Bad thing about #9 TSS - 06/20/18 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Smells
Metal detector.

That right there is funny. One of my friends is always metal detector hunting so I can call him for you. He won't charge you a dime lol.
Posted By: HeartofDixie

Re: Bad thing about #9 TSS - 06/22/18 04:41 PM

Y’all are still doing it wrong. I never have this problem with my 30-06.
Posted By: BOFF

Re: Bad thing about #9 TSS - 07/16/18 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by HeartofDixie
Y’all are still doing it wrong. I never have this problem with my 30-06.

Or bow and arrow.

God Bless,
David B.
Posted By: Ruger8point

Re: Bad thing about #9 TSS - 07/22/18 08:52 PM

Ruined my first turkey by shooting it’s breaat so I wouldn’t miss. This year I blew ones head nearly clean off from a 10 yard headshot so I could eat it. Pretty sick
© 2024 ALDEER.COM