Aldeer.com

Turkey Vest Question

Posted By: turkeykiller22

Turkey Vest Question - 05/31/18 12:05 AM

How would you want your pot call pocket to close on your vest?

Snap
Bungee
Buckle
Zipper

Also, what is something that you want in a vest that you haven't seen or just dont have?

Thanks!
Posted By: TurkeyJoe

Re: Turkey Vest Question - 05/31/18 12:37 AM

Zipper
Posted By: sj22

Re: Turkey Vest Question - 05/31/18 12:56 AM

Zipper and air conditioning
Posted By: Solo

Re: Turkey Vest Question - 05/31/18 01:00 AM

The Dixon vest is perfect. Cushioned Elastic to hold two pots, with a buckle and a zippered pouch.
Posted By: N2TRKYS

Re: Turkey Vest Question - 05/31/18 02:01 AM

I don't want a pot call pocket.
Posted By: crenshawco

Re: Turkey Vest Question - 05/31/18 02:11 AM

I've just about given up on the perfect vest quest. I think I may go with a satchel next year.

To answer your question, zipper for pots with decent padding on them too.
Posted By: Out back

Re: Turkey Vest Question - 05/31/18 02:25 AM

I want a seat, with a single fold up leg. Like a fishing seat on the front of a bass boat.
I can drop the leg, lean back against a tree, then fold it up quick and move.
My knees have gotten so bad, I can't get off the ground, and when I finally stand up I'm hurting so bad it takes another 5 minutes to move.
Posted By: BC

Re: Turkey Vest Question - 05/31/18 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by sj22

Zipper and air conditioning

YES!
Posted By: poorcountrypreacher

Re: Turkey Vest Question - 05/31/18 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by N2TRKYS

Me neither. I just put my one pot call and striker in one of the big inside pockets. I've lost several strikers out of the pockets made for them, so I quit using them.
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Turkey Vest Question - 05/31/18 01:16 PM

strikers go in the box call pocket under the box call. Pots in upper chest pocket in a cloth bag X2.
Posted By: Bamarich2

Re: Turkey Vest Question - 05/31/18 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by crenshawco
I've just about given up on the perfect vest quest. I think I may go with a satchel next year.

Went that route this year and haven't looked back!
Posted By: 2Dogs

Re: Turkey Vest Question - 05/31/18 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by N2TRKYS

I don't want a vest.
Posted By: foldemup

Re: Turkey Vest Question - 05/31/18 02:23 PM

Waterproof zipper pocket with built in carbon fiber Turkey lounger with zippers and seams that last
Posted By: Southwood7

Re: Turkey Vest Question - 05/31/18 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by foldemup
zippers and seams that last

X1000000 You’d think somebody could put out a vest that didn’t tear up after one or two seasons.
Posted By: Swampdrummin

Re: Turkey Vest Question - 05/31/18 04:18 PM

I
Originally Posted by crenshawco

[quote=crenshawco]

I went down the same path one season and lost half my gear with that damn satchel.
Posted By: Swampdrummin

Re: Turkey Vest Question - 05/31/18 04:21 PM

I bought the under armour bestbthat is built like a tactical vest. You can buy extra pockets and move them around where you want. It has held upvery welll over three seasons of abuse.
Posted By: Ruger7mag

Re: Turkey Vest Question - 05/31/18 04:59 PM

Zipper on every pocket. Yes on pot call pockets, at least two.

Alps grand slam is an awesome vest. Only improvement is make it lighter and put stronger magnets on the cushion.
Posted By: GomerPyle

Re: Turkey Vest Question - 05/31/18 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by BhamFred
strikers go in the box call pocket under the box call. Pots in upper chest pocket in a cloth bag X2.

the smaller Crown Royal bags are perfect for pot calls
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Turkey Vest Question - 05/31/18 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Southwood7

X1000000 You’d think somebody could put out a vest that didn’t tear up after one or two seasons.

dang, been wearing the same one for 20 years with a few fixins and changes.
Posted By: N2TRKYS

Re: Turkey Vest Question - 05/31/18 08:38 PM

X2

Re: Turkey Vest Question - 05/31/18 08:59 PM

My favorite one - a Super Elite 3 - was beat to hell when I got it. I just keep patching and stitching it as needed. I figure pretty soon I'll have "fixed" on it enough that it'll essentially be a brand new vest!
Posted By: Southwood7

Re: Turkey Vest Question - 05/31/18 09:39 PM

They don’t make em like they did 20 years ago apparently.

Re: Turkey Vest Question - 05/31/18 09:49 PM

They don’t make em like they did 20 years ago apparently.

Either that or they don’t go over, under, and through enough fences, cutover, and briars

Re: Turkey Vest Question - 05/31/18 09:56 PM

Either that or they don’t go over, under, and through enough fences, cutover, and briars

Nah, folks just learned to keep some wire cutters in their vest for those pesky barbwire fences...

Re: Turkey Vest Question - 06/01/18 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by GomerPyle

Nah, folks just learned to keep some wire cutters in their vest for those pesky barbwire fences...

I rarely have time for stopping to cut fences
Posted By: Moodyc24

Re: Turkey Vest Question - 06/01/18 02:26 AM

I like a zipper
Posted By: wmd

Re: Turkey Vest Question - 06/01/18 02:50 AM

A vest for less girthful folks would be mighty nice; I like the layout of my Cabela's vest but it is way too big for me. I guess I am going to have to shop in the kids section before next season. I am about 10 pounds heavier than I like to be and still can't find a decent vest that fits.
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: Turkey Vest Question - 06/01/18 02:54 AM

Maybe I just don't like change but my super elite fits all my needs just fine
Posted By: Out back

Re: Turkey Vest Question - 06/01/18 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by wmd
A vest for less girthful folks would be mighty nice; I like the layout of my Cabela's vest but it is way too big for me. I guess I am going to have to shop in the kids section before next season. I am about 10 pounds heavier than I like to be and still can't find a decent vest that fits.

Little girly men usually don't hunt turkeys. They like to cook and drive a Mazda Miata. smile

Re: Turkey Vest Question - 06/01/18 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Out back
Originally Posted by wmd

Little girly men usually don't hunt turkeys. They like to cook and drive a Mazda Miata. smile

Shots fired!
Posted By: BrentM

Re: Turkey Vest Question - 06/02/18 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by wmd

Usually if you see a little skinny beanpole fella that likes to turkey hunt he’s gonna he pretty rough on them from what I’ve seen. They have lots of built in advantages
Posted By: 2Dogs

Re: Turkey Vest Question - 06/02/18 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by BrentM
Originally Posted by wmd

Usually if you see a little skinny beanpole fella that likes to turkey hunt he’s gonna he pretty rough on them from what I’ve seen. They have lots of built in advantages

Be a skinny, beanpole, girly man comes in handy when you're piddlin' and need to high tail it up hill with a 20 pound boar tom over yer shoulder.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM