Aldeer.com

Commercial tss shells (help)

Posted By: HHSyelper

Commercial tss shells (help) - 04/22/18 05:08 PM

Who makes the best shells? Got a friend that wants to buy some? He doesn't want to hand load. He shots a 3" 12 gauge. Thanks for any input
Posted By: JA

Re: Commercial tss shells (help) - 04/22/18 05:33 PM

Tell your friend to start shooting Hevi Shot Mag Blends. That is all he needs to know.
Posted By: Geeb

Re: Commercial tss shells (help) - 04/22/18 05:43 PM

I think he will pretty much be limited to federal, nitro, or apex for commercially loaded TSS.
Posted By: foldemup

Re: Commercial tss shells (help) - 04/22/18 05:44 PM

Without shooting them personally, I would say Apex if you can get your hands on them. My reasoning is they are supposedly the same loads that Hal had worked up and tons of people including myself have handloaded and they work great.
Posted By: hyco

Re: Commercial tss shells (help) - 04/22/18 05:45 PM

Nitro also. Now that some seasons are winding down, any brand should be easier to get
Posted By: HHSyelper

Re: Commercial tss shells (help) - 04/23/18 12:51 AM

Ttt
Posted By: CarbonClimber1

Re: Commercial tss shells (help) - 04/23/18 02:57 AM

I shot the federal #7 tss in a 20ga and that stuff will murder turkeys. Ive killed 2 this year and voth were a long ways off. If federal will get there brain right and just do away with the 7 and push #8 and #9 shot that stuff will be bad as anything you can buy for a 20ga. My gun had awsome patterns with the #7's tho
Posted By: Mbrock

Re: Commercial tss shells (help) - 04/23/18 02:58 AM

I killed 4 with federal #9s this year and they patterned pretty well.
Posted By: wmd

Re: Commercial tss shells (help) - 04/23/18 03:07 AM

Chances are any that he can find this season will pattern better than anything he has ever shot out of a 12 ga. Seen a lot of pictures of dead turkeys along with boxes of Apex shells, but I imagine the others will make them just as dead!
© 2024 ALDEER.COM