Aldeer.com

Turkey Hunting Boots & Gear

Posted By: Highlander

Turkey Hunting Boots & Gear - 03/22/18 06:53 PM

Hey I was just wondering what type of boots and gear do you wear turkey hunting? Do you wear your Deer hunting clothing? Also do you tote a backpack with you for snacks and bug spray?
Posted By: jbatey1

Re: Turkey Hunting Boots & Gear - 03/23/18 01:33 AM

I carry a backpack with usually to much junk in it. I wear the same clothes that I would during a deer hunt of the same temperature ranges. I've got a pair of slip on snake boots that I wear.
Posted By: Southwood7

Re: Turkey Hunting Boots & Gear - 03/23/18 01:38 AM

I have lace up snake boots that I wear but I’ll also wear a pair of muck boots if it’s cold. I don’t carry a backpack but I hate carrying extra stuff to the woods. Bug spray goes in my vest and I only carry a snack if I’m hunting all day. I wear different camo Than I do for deer season but you don’t have to.
Posted By: Highlander

Re: Turkey Hunting Boots & Gear - 03/23/18 04:33 AM

Awesome cool. what type of insect spray do you prefer. Don't want those tics or chiggers on me feet lol.
Posted By: NFHunter

Re: Turkey Hunting Boots & Gear - 03/23/18 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Highlander
Awesome cool. what type of insect spray do you prefer. Don't want those tics or chiggers on me feet lol.

Spray all your clothes with permetherin, Available at academy, tractor supply, etc.To keep ticks off. Thermacell for mosquitoes. If you want extra layer of security, bug spray should have lots of deet.
Posted By: BamaGuitarDude

Re: Turkey Hunting Boots & Gear - 03/23/18 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Highlander
Do you wear your Deer hunting clothing? Also do you tote a backpack with you for snacks and bug spray?

no i do not wear deer hunting clothes; i wear army BDU's, a Bass Pro leafy jacket w/any shirt under it, spray down w/bug spray, grab my box call, mouth calls & gun & go ... i do have a small backpack that i carry dekes in that i bring if i feel like i need them... turkey hunting IMO is about being stealth & lightweight & agile
Posted By: USMC4910

Re: Turkey Hunting Boots & Gear - 03/25/18 11:50 PM

A really good brand of bug spray that uses permethrin as it’s main ingredient is Sawyers. You can get it at Walmart in the camping aisle. It’s in a yellow and black bottle.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM