Aldeer.com

Burris Speed Bead for M2

Posted By: BentBarrel

Burris Speed Bead for M2 - 02/21/18 03:28 PM

Anyone using the Speed Bead set-up on their Benelli M2? Thinking about ordering one for my 20ga M2. What’s the verdict?
Posted By: Turkey

Re: Burris Speed Bead for M2 - 02/21/18 04:59 PM

I've had one on a M2 Field for several years. No problems. Mine is a 12 ga.
Posted By: Spit N Drum

Re: Burris Speed Bead for M2 - 02/21/18 06:08 PM

You will have to modify mount. The mount will not fit the 20 gauge M2. I have one on my franchi affinity 20 gauge and I really like it. I also had to modify mine to make it fit but I used the M2 mount. There was another thread a month or so ago and someone mentioned there have been some bad reviews on it holding zero. I have had no issues with mine though
Posted By: Turkey

Re: Burris Speed Bead for M2 - 02/21/18 06:26 PM

I don't remember all the details of the previous thread, but I have seen threads on other sites and they seem to have a common theme. The theme is that the Speed Bead seemed to do fine on the M2's but had problems holding zero on other brands of firearms. Without searching for those threads, the only brand I can remember specifically mentioned as problematic was Browning.
Posted By: Lonster

Re: Burris Speed Bead for M2 - 02/21/18 07:23 PM

Get a mount from William at Sumtoy Chokes and drill/tap your gun and be done with it. That’s what I did with my Affinity.
Posted By: hunterturf

Re: Burris Speed Bead for M2 - 02/21/18 11:46 PM

I didn't like my speedbead mount. Tore the skin off my thumb every time I shot it. Got a mount made like referenced above and haven't looked back

Re: Burris Speed Bead for M2 - 02/22/18 12:58 AM

The Burris website says they are making a Speed Bead mount specifically for the M2 20 gauge now, but no one seems to have it in stock. From what I have read, the Benelli M2 mount will not fit the Franch Affinity.

hunterturf, that is what I was concerned about. it looks like it would be awful easy for it to get into your hand on the pistol grip part of the stock. My gun doesn't kick all that hard, but in the rush to mash old longbeard's head with some TSS there is no telling where I might be holding onto that stock.
Posted By: foldemup

Re: Burris Speed Bead for M2 - 02/22/18 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by Lonster
Get a mount from William at Sumtoy Chokes and drill/tap your gun and be done with it. That’s what I did with my Affinity.

Do you know if there is a benefit of the sumtoy mount over the marlin 336 base?
Posted By: Bustinbeards

Re: Burris Speed Bead for M2 - 02/22/18 02:04 AM

Originally Posted by foldemup
Originally Posted by Lonster

Do you know if there is a benefit of the sumtoy mount over the marlin 336 base?

I do believe Williams mount is supposed to be tapered to match the receiver of your particular gun. The 336 is tapered for the marlin 336 receiver

Re: Burris Speed Bead for M2 - 02/26/18 10:28 PM

Brownell’s is now showing the Speed Bead mount for the Benelli M2 in 20 gauge in stock. Just ordered one for my 20 gauge M2.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM