Sounds really dead to me
Posted By: crenshawco

Re: Homemade call...whatchyall think? - 08/12/17 08:43 PM

Great soft talker. That will make a good finishing call
Posted By: Hevishot13

Re: Homemade call...whatchyall think? - 08/16/17 09:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Deerslyer86
Sounds really dead to me
its a trough call, its supposed to have a different sound than a pot call. at least it aint a squeaky mess slap
Posted By: ozarktroutbum

Re: Homemade call...whatchyall think? - 08/16/17 10:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Hevishot13
Sounds really dead to me
its a trough call, its supposed to have a different sound than a pot call. at least it aint a squeaky mess slap
I don't know what "dead" means. Maybe he meant like "dead" as in that's how the turkey is supposed to wind up??
Posted By: Southwood7

Re: Homemade call...whatchyall think? - 08/16/17 11:17 PM

You know Teague has been making turkey calls for 5 minutes, he is an expert grin

Re: Homemade call...whatchyall think? - 08/16/17 11:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Southwood7
You know Teague has been making turkey calls for 5 minutes, he is an expert grin

Maybe we will get some clarification thumbup

Re: Homemade call...whatchyall think? - 08/17/17 06:05 AM

matt, refer to my sqeaky mess statement above lol
Posted By: 3toe

Re: Homemade call...whatchyall think? - 08/17/17 09:42 AM

Sounds good man, has a deeper sound to it which is what a trough call is supposed to sound like. It will definitely kill some turkeys!
Posted By: Deerslyer86

Re: Homemade call...whatchyall think? - 08/18/17 10:02 PM

I see I struck a nerve bc I stated an opinion. As I learned don't post something if you don't wanna hear negativity

Re: Homemade call...whatchyall think? - 08/18/17 10:05 PM

Never said I was an expert that I can recall. Tho it only took me 2 mins & 47 seconds to make a dang good sounding call
Posted By: YEKRUT

Re: Homemade call...whatchyall think? - 08/18/17 10:17 PM

Sounds good to me, ain't no reason it won't kill a truck load of turkeys either.

Re: Homemade call...whatchyall think? - 08/18/17 10:49 PM

Sounds really dead to me
go listen to Bob Fulcher Calls. You'll hear a big difference

Re: Homemade call...whatchyall think? - 08/18/17 11:46 PM

I see I struck a nerve bc I stated an opinion. As I learned don't post something if you don't wanna hear negativity
I think you struck more of a nerve the time you bragged about refusing to sell a striker to a guy after he offered you $100 whistle

Re: Homemade call...whatchyall think? - 08/19/17 08:29 AM

Originally Posted By: ozarktroutbum
I think you struck more of a nerve the time you bragged about refusing to sell a striker to a guy after he offered you $100 whistle
Yep I turned it down, bc sometimes you have something you just don't wanna sell. That shouldn't have struck a nerve period.

Re: Homemade call...whatchyall think? - 08/19/17 08:48 AM

Sounds really dead to me
i wasnt talking about bob fulcher calls. I was talking about yours. Since you just posted that a person doesnt need to post up his calls if he doesnt want to hear negativity, lets jump to yours. I cant figure out if its just your callling ability that sucks, or that its your calls. But im willing to bet both.

Theres some creative criticism for ya! thumbup

Re: Homemade call...whatchyall think? - 08/19/17 09:49 AM

Sounds really dead to me
i wasnt talking about bob fulcher calls. I was talking about yours. Since you just posted that a person doesnt need to post up his calls if he doesnt want to hear negativity, lets jump to yours. I cant figure out if its just your callling ability that sucks, or that its your calls. But im willing to bet both.

Haha. Yep both suck so bad that's why I sell a lot of them, but hey that's your opinion

Re: Homemade call...whatchyall think? - 08/19/17 10:03 AM

Sounds really dead to me

Haha. Yep both suck so bad that's why I sell a lot of them, but hey that's your opinion
lol and how many have you sold to folks on here, the sure nuff turkey killers on this forum? Im not talking about the fellers that kill one bird ever two years. Im talking the guys that kill 3,4,5 plus birds every year? Not many im willing to bet.

Re: Homemade call...whatchyall think? - 08/19/17 10:51 AM

Sounds really dead to me

lol and how many have you sold to folks on here, the sure nuff turkey killers on this forum? Im not talking about the fellers that kill one bird ever two years. Im talking the guys that kill 3,4,5 plus birds every year? Not many im willing to bet.

I don't advertise to sell my Calls on here as I'm not an Aldeer sponsor. Tho I guess all those guys on fb that buy must be just internet hunters!!! Me personally I don't care how many birds they kill in a season

Re: Homemade call...whatchyall think? - 08/19/17 11:08 AM

The point is dont come on here like your the cats meow criticizing the guys calls because there are some good call makers on here like lyle Gilbert and stony Brock that make way better sounding calls than yours, that acutally do sell a crap ton of them, and that are actually used by guys on here every year to kill the piss out of birds, that never ever criticize your mickey mouse sounding calls.

Re: Homemade call...whatchyall think? - 08/19/17 11:31 AM

The point is dont come on here like your the cats meow criticizing the guys calls because there are some good call makers on here like lyle Gilbert and stony Brock that make way better sounding calls than yours, that acutally do sell a crap ton of them, and that are actually used by guys on here every year to kill the piss out of birds, that never ever criticize your mickey mouse sounding calls.

Thanks for proving to me how retarded you are. I'm OUT have a good weekend

Re: Homemade call...whatchyall think? - 08/19/17 11:37 AM

Thanks for proving to me how retarded you are. I'm OUT have a good weekend
coming from the 575 duzen arras Dude?

Re: Homemade call...whatchyall think? - 08/19/17 11:55 AM

Dude, you say you don't advertise on here even though it's your profile picture and typed in to your signature...
Posted By: BC_Reb

Re: Homemade call...whatchyall think? - 08/22/17 02:51 AM

Yep I turned it down, bc sometimes you have something you just don't wanna sell. That shouldn't have struck a nerve period.

I think you struck a nerve because you come off as a complete douchebag.
Posted By: BC_Reb

Re: Homemade call...whatchyall think? - 08/22/17 02:56 AM

I'd be really proud of that call if I'd made it. I know it'll kill birds. What else is a turkey call supposed to do?
Posted By: Bamaturkeykilla

Re: Homemade call...whatchyall think? - 08/22/17 06:18 AM

I played one of Deerslyer86's YouTube video calls while sitting on the porch awhile back and before you know it I had 32 cats squealing in the yard. Thought the wife was gonna break my phone before I could get it turned off.

Nice sounding call ozark, it should definitely bring em in.

Re: Homemade call...whatchyall think? - 08/22/17 07:39 AM

Man, I love this place!
Posted By: North40R

Re: Homemade call...whatchyall think? - 08/22/17 08:03 AM

Just a little constructive criticism between call makers! Lol!

Deerslayer86s post did come off pretty harsh! Maybe he's just a dick!

Ozark I liked it but then again I have no clue what a turkey sounds like!
Posted By: mr.clif

Re: Homemade call...whatchyall think? - 08/22/17 01:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Bamaturkeykilla
I played one of Deerslyer86's YouTube video calls while sitting on the porch awhile back and before you know it I had 32 cats squealing in the yard. Thought the wife was gonna break my phone before I could get it turned off.

Nice sounding call ozark, it should definitely bring em in.

Agreed, tryn to figure out if its the call or the caller. I'd definitely purchase Ozarks over the one criticizing.
Pert sure he or someone running one of them calls he's posted on FB have run several birds off me tho.
Posted By: Gotcha1

Re: Homemade call...whatchyall think? - 08/22/17 05:49 PM

Just buy a call, because it looks good. The sweet sound has little to do with it. It's the cadence and knowing what to do when.
Turkeys aren't waiting to hear Mozart

Re: Homemade call...whatchyall think? - 08/22/17 08:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Gotcha1
Just buy a call, because it looks good. The sweet sound has little to do with it. It's the cadence and knowing what to do when.
I somewhat agree. Prob a little more than somewhat.
Posted By: crenshawco

Re: Homemade call...whatchyall think? - 08/22/17 08:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Gotcha1
I somewhat agree. Prob a little more than somewhat.

I'll agree with both of y'all, but I'll add that I'll take a good woodsman over a good caller any day.
Posted By: BamaGuitarDude

Re: Homemade call...whatchyall think? - 08/23/17 09:10 AM

Originally Posted By: crenshawco
I'll agree with both of y'all, but I'll add that I'll take a good woodsman over a good caller any day.

Any day, all day. In fact, NOT calling is proving to me to be the most effective strategy on the lands I hunt. About the only time I call is when I feel like I've got better than a 50% chance of killing him *IF* I call a time or two & then shut up. Andy Johnson's book about hunting the Nat'l Forests is all about positioning on a bird for the kill shot (aka woodsmanship)

Having said that, this is a good sounding call that's been made & it's very flexible - 2 calls in 1 - and I'm 100% convinced it will kill a gobbler.
Posted By: Big Game Hunter

Re: Homemade call...whatchyall think? - 08/23/17 05:20 PM

Some folks are just assholes and better than everyone else.
Posted By: HToothgamecalls

Re: Homemade call...whatchyall think? - 08/24/17 01:38 PM

Hey might as well give my opinion on that trough call! I think it sounded awesome it has a unique sound and your control of the striker is really good meaning as you build more and you improve that call you will be able to rely on what you know is turkey cause you know how to play that call really well by my ear and not what some other call maker thinks. I haven't met many that weren't proud of themselves and then there's some genuine guys out there that actually wanna see ya succeed. I promise ya this you go out in the woods/timber and record it at 50yds and it will blow your mind how that call that you just played on here sounds. I think ya need to keep on building I like it and the ones that don't like it that's ok. The one thing a call maker has to have is the ability to run a call to the best of that calls ability before he ever can build one that's good and you got that down now build on and master your technique in form of building 15 or 20 of them exactly the same every time! There's a whole lot of turkey in that call and trust your ear first
Keep it up~LG

Re: Homemade call...whatchyall think? - 08/24/17 11:13 PM

Hey Lyle I appreciate the kind words. I don't foresee myself ever entering the "call making business" but I appreciate what advice you offer to someone who is. I do plan on building them when I have the time and possibly selling a few here and there. I have enjoyed your mouth calls since I discovered yall at the turkey man expo a couple seasons back. Do you know if the foley mossy oak store will have any of your box calls next year?
Posted By: HToothgamecalls

Re: Homemade call...whatchyall think? - 08/24/17 11:24 PM

Sadly the Mossy Oak store in Foley is suppose to close. We did really good with the calls in their store there. But I think there's a store in Robertsdale that we were going to talk to since we go to OBA a lot. But for your info any of our friction calls online are free shipping including the box in fact any order over $50 is free shipping. Your welcome for the kind words you deserve them! If ya build 1 or 1000 just enjoy it and I think you have already mastered that... LG
Posted By: hyco

Re: Homemade call...whatchyall think? - 08/26/17 10:05 PM

Mossy Oak in Foley is no more. When by there 2 weeks ago and even the sign is gone.
Posted By: buckbrush

Re: Homemade call...whatchyall think? - 08/31/17 10:43 PM

I think it sounds good. I would especially use it early season sitting on a field just purring and clucking every once in awhile. I imagine you would be able to load the truck up.
Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Re: Homemade call...whatchyall think? - 09/01/17 11:31 AM

Sounds good. Especially the mellow side.

Dr. B
Posted By: Jmxinc

Re: Homemade call...whatchyall think? - 09/02/17 09:38 PM

I would buy one and hunt with it.

Re: Homemade call...whatchyall think? - 09/04/17 10:01 PM

Also, bear in mind this was taken off a cell phone audio recorder.

In reality the call has a more hollow, resonant type sound compared to your run of the mill round slate call. Hard to tell without you actually running it and hearing it in person.

I don't claim to be a genius call maker. I just wanted to make something that didn't sound like 90% of the calls already on the shelves...not saying they sound bad but I think a majority are just reinventing the wheel.

If anything I wanted to show the high to low rasp that you get from a mature hen when she's yelping as well as the sounds that a jake might also make. And I hate glass but that's just my opinion; the turk's may feel differently.

I intended for it not be be a silky smooth sound, as I hear few turkeys that sound that way.

I'll try and post something that is more indicative of how it really sounds.

I've made probably a half dozen that sound almost the same. I also make the strikers with a hollowed out top.

Something to do when I've got some time to spare!
Posted By: Johnal3

Re: Homemade call...whatchyall think? - 09/05/17 07:11 AM

I'd be proud of that call man. Sounds plenty good to kill turkeys with.
Just FYI.....when making mouth calls, recording them and playing them back, I learned a true video records the actual sound better than the voice recorder on my phone. Not sure why, but it makes a difference. The app that you used may be fine, but you can try it and see if it makes a difference if you haven't already.
Posted By: GomerPyle

Re: Homemade call...whatchyall think? - 09/06/17 09:15 AM

I don't know why y'all are giving ol' Deerslayer so much grief about his calls.....I've been using them exclusively since I started turkey hunting several years ago....

grin
Posted By: BamaGuitarDude

Re: Homemade call...whatchyall think? - 09/06/17 09:16 AM

Originally Posted By: GomerPyle
I don't know why y'all are giving ol' Deerslayer so much grief about his calls.....I've been using them exclusively since I started turkey hunting several years ago....

grin

LOL awesome

Re: Homemade call...whatchyall think? - 09/06/17 08:33 PM

Originally Posted By: GomerPyle

grin
LMAO!

Re: Homemade call...whatchyall think? - 09/07/17 10:35 AM

Lol
Posted By: duxlayer

Re: Homemade call...whatchyall think? - 09/10/17 08:45 PM

Bump good sounding call ... But can you make a coon squaller !!
© 2024 ALDEER.COM