Aldeer.com

Milestone Herbicide PSA

Posted By: hosscat

Milestone Herbicide PSA - 07/21/17 09:28 AM

Just so everyone is aware Milestone can not be sprayed on clover.

I had used up all of my 2-4D,B last year and wanted to try some milestone since the 2-4D,B really was not all that effective against broadleaf at my house. It would stunt it back but not really kill.

I drive through a long straight food plot to get to one of chufa patches. I just planted this food plot in Durana clover last year and figured I would spray it on my in and out of my chufa patch with my clethodim and milestone mix. I had done this in the past with clethodim/2-4D,B with good results. Not so much this time. I looked yesterday and my clover is all about the color of a manila envelope.

Looks like I will get to replant this fall.
Posted By: Yelp softly

Re: Milestone Herbicide PSA - 07/21/17 10:19 AM

I know nothing about Milestone. You may be correct. But I do know that regular 2,4D will not wipe out Durana clover. It will turn it yellow and will look like it's going to die, but it comes back. I say this based on my exeperience trying to kill white clover in my lawn at home. Regular 2,4D does not get rid of it. Durana was supposedly developed using some of the toughest white clover that could be found. You may be okay if you get some timely rain to help the clover recover.
Posted By: hosscat

Re: Milestone Herbicide PSA - 07/21/17 11:11 AM

I hope you are right. It was a little over an acre, more than half had a good stand. Some of it needed over seeding this fall to get a good even stand.
Posted By: poorcountrypreacher

Re: Milestone Herbicide PSA - 07/22/17 06:31 AM

It ain't listed for clover. A lot of rain will correct many herbicide mistakes, so you have a chance. Good luck!
© 2024 ALDEER.COM