Aldeer.com

In need of chufas

Posted By: Turkeymaster

In need of chufas - 07/13/17 08:14 PM

I need another bag of chufas, everywhere I've called is out. Anyone know where any are around SE part of the state?
Posted By: poorcountrypreacher

Re: In need of chufas - 07/13/17 09:19 PM

I like to have never found any 3 weeks ago, so you may have a real tough time now. I bought the last 2 bags at one place and last 3 at another. Just keep calling around; someone oughta have a bag left. Good luck!
Posted By: Squeaky

Re: In need of chufas - 07/14/17 05:28 AM

Originally Posted By: Turkeymaster
I need another bag of chufas, everywhere I've called is out. Anyone know where any are around SE part of the state?

Have you checked with the Co-op in Andalusia? If so and they don't have any shoot me a PM. My buddy in Andalusia has a box of the NWTF Chufa that I don't think he has plans to plant. I'll check with him to confirm.

I have two and half boxes left myself but I'm going to try to plant them when I get in from offshore.
Posted By: Squadron77

Re: In need of chufas - 07/14/17 06:49 AM

Casey Feed in Hope Hull has it for $60 bag. I still have 3 bags waiting for it to dry out enough to plant.
Posted By: North40R

Re: In need of chufas - 07/14/17 07:55 AM

Most places should be able to order still. My local hardware store ordered me 7 bags Monday and I had them Wednesday afternoon.
Posted By: brotherhood

Re: In need of chufas - 07/14/17 08:36 AM

Farmers feed in Montgomery had plenty not too long ago for 60 bucks
Posted By: Squadron77

Re: In need of chufas - 07/14/17 09:21 AM

Originally Posted By: brotherhood

I went by there last month and they wanted $90 a bag. I have spent 2-3K a year there for more years then I can remember but they have not got a penny from me this year and I have tried to still buy from them. Their prices are to high or they don't have the inventory. I hate to see a good business go downhill because of new owners. Maybe they will learn before it's to late.
Posted By: rickyh_2

Re: In need of chufas - 07/14/17 09:26 AM

PM sent to you Turkeymaster
Posted By: brotherhood

Re: In need of chufas - 07/14/17 10:08 AM

Dang I swear it was end of may or first of June I was there and bought a bag for 60. They must have went up. I did like it better when Hunter was there

Originally Posted By: Squadron77

Originally Posted By: brotherhood

I went by there last month and they wanted $90 a bag. I have spent 2-3K a year there for more years then I can remember but they have not got a penny from me this year and I have tried to still buy from them. Their prices are to high or they don't have the inventory. I hate to see a good business go downhill because of new owners. Maybe they will learn before it's to late.
Posted By: Turkeymaster

Re: In need of chufas - 07/14/17 11:56 AM

PM's answered. thanks for the help
Posted By: crocker

Re: In need of chufas - 07/14/17 05:41 PM

I got 50lbs left
Posted By: crocker

Re: In need of chufas - 07/14/17 06:20 PM

I got 50lbs left
Posted By: Mully

Re: In need of chufas - 07/17/17 09:52 AM

Farmers Feed has plenty
Posted By: Hevishot13

Re: In need of chufas - 07/17/17 01:32 PM

Cabelas in Huntsville had a bag in the bargain cave, I think it was imperial brand seed
Posted By: hyco

Re: In need of chufas - 07/17/17 11:08 PM

Thomas Farms in Jay,Fl grows and bags them. Don't know if he's run out yet or not.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM