Aldeer.com

Sooo what would you have done????

Posted By: weagleweagle

Sooo what would you have done???? - 06/23/17 07:27 PM

First of all, be sure to watch all the video. I saw this shared on Facebook a while back and had mixed feelings about it.

https://youtu.be/jntVq19Lndw
Posted By: buckbrush

Re: Sooo what would you have done???? - 06/23/17 07:35 PM

It would have never made it that close.
Posted By: Hevishot13

Re: Sooo what would you have done???? - 06/23/17 07:49 PM

Yea I would've killed him at 40 yards long before that had a chance to play out
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Sooo what would you have done???? - 06/23/17 08:43 PM

that guy think he needed a facemask to kill that bird????
Posted By: YEKRUT

Re: Sooo what would you have done???? - 06/23/17 09:03 PM

I'd have used a stick at most, probably just my hands. That was a waste of ammo.
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: Sooo what would you have done???? - 06/24/17 12:57 AM

I just lmao when they shot him. frak a turkey.
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: Sooo what would you have done???? - 06/24/17 08:23 AM

Originally Posted By: 257wbymag
I just lmao when they shot him. frak a turkey.

I laughed too, but what others said I would've shot way before he got that close
Posted By: Gobl4me

Re: Sooo what would you have done???? - 06/24/17 09:45 AM

I'd shot him earlier..... I usually don't develop a relationship with them. I'd let him go if it had came to that point though
Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Re: Sooo what would you have done???? - 06/24/17 02:18 PM

rofl rofl

BOOM!

Dr. B
Posted By: 202P&Y

Re: Sooo what would you have done???? - 06/24/17 02:25 PM

Pretty tasteless in my opinion
Posted By: BC_Reb

Re: Sooo what would you have done???? - 06/24/17 03:23 PM

I don't think I could have shot him after all that.
Posted By: 3toe

Re: Sooo what would you have done???? - 06/24/17 06:06 PM

Damn idiot body shoots him.
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Sooo what would you have done???? - 06/24/17 09:28 PM

Originally Posted By: 202P&Y
Pretty tasteless in my opinion

I agree.
Posted By: arKic

Re: Sooo what would you have done???? - 06/25/17 08:24 AM

disgusting...
Posted By: Beadlescomb

Re: Sooo what would you have done???? - 06/25/17 08:40 AM

deads dead at 40 yards or 3 feet
Posted By: Johnal3

Re: Sooo what would you have done???? - 06/25/17 08:54 AM

I would've felt much better about "hand to feet combat" there. It would've been hard to shoot him after all that. If he wouldve picked up a stick and whopped him with it, that would've been a better video! laugh
Posted By: crenshawco

Re: Sooo what would you have done???? - 06/25/17 09:35 AM

If it was truly a wild bird I would've shot him and never though twice about it. I actually wouldve shot him before all that even took place. Pretty strange for a wild bird to act like that though.
Posted By: bayouturkey

Re: Sooo what would you have done???? - 06/25/17 12:01 PM

If for some crazy reason I let him get that close, no way I would shoot him after that.
And no way in hell I'd put a video of that online
Posted By: TurkeyJoe

Re: Sooo what would you have done???? - 06/25/17 03:34 PM

I was surprised when the guy shot. Don't think I could have shot him after he came up and played with me. But, if the guy wants to go to a turkey farm, cut ones head off with a samurai sword, then post hero pictures on Facebook, ain't none of my business.
Posted By: BOFF

Re: Sooo what would you have done???? - 06/25/17 06:12 PM

I truly believe the shooter of that bird is not a 10th Legion member.

God Bless,
David B.
Posted By: wmd

Re: Sooo what would you have done???? - 06/25/17 06:21 PM

I quit watching the video after the guy was swatting at the turkey with a fan. Wouldn't intentionally let a gobbler (wild or tame) get that close if I was turkey hunting.
Posted By: BC

Re: Sooo what would you have done???? - 06/25/17 07:46 PM

I would have caught it and gotten a pic with a wild turkey.

True story. Two years ago I was at Bowhunter84's camp. Got up to go hunting and the wind was blowing 25 mph so I went back to sleep. Got up at 7 and the wind had laid down and Darryl had already started texting me to give me a hard time about sleeping in. Drove over to my property and slipped in this area that had an old fence line going down into a bottom. Had been literally sitting there for 5 minutes when I see a gobbler cross the fence about 75 yards from me walking right to left. called to him and he perked up and then started walking the way he was going which was into a swamp. I'm sitting behind one of those Primos stake blinds so I call to him again and when he stopped and looked I raised a fan over the blind material. He tensed up and starts running directly at me. I lose sight of him because it drops off a hill right past my blind and I'm sitting here with shotgun pointed not knowing where he's going to pop out. The next thing I see is him creating the hill about 5 feet from my blind and launching himself over the netting. Just out of reflex I put my left arm out to keep from hitting me and my hand stopped his momentum and he fell backwards and flopped around and got to his feet. He run out to the fence and stopped and I shot him.

When I got back to Darryl's place my arm kept stinging. I took my hunting shirt off and that stupid turkey had scratched my arm pretty bad all the way down my forearm. I guess he got me with one of his toenails or something.
Posted By: BC

Re: Sooo what would you have done???? - 06/25/17 07:47 PM

If I had known he was going to jump in the blind with me I would have definitely tried to catch him. That would have made a hell of a story lol.
Posted By: BrentM

Re: Sooo what would you have done???? - 06/25/17 08:48 PM

Not cool
Posted By: Southwood7

Re: Sooo what would you have done???? - 06/25/17 08:59 PM

That is not what turkey hunting is about.
Posted By: tbest3

Re: Sooo what would you have done???? - 06/25/17 09:55 PM

Originally Posted By: BrentM
Not cool
Posted By: hawglips

Re: Sooo what would you have done???? - 06/26/17 04:34 AM

I'd have grabbed that yard bird by the neck and choked him out.

That's what I used to do to a tame turkey I had once.
Posted By: deadeye48

Re: Sooo what would you have done???? - 06/26/17 06:34 AM

I enjoyed the video but wouldn't have shot the bird
Posted By: NEbamahunter

Re: Sooo what would you have done???? - 06/26/17 07:47 AM

Nothing like panning towards the shooter and seeing that big "NWTF" emblem on his cap... I know they had no part in this hunt but in today's shoot, point, aim culture there's liable to be a non-hunter point it out to them, not the way I like seeing the flagstaff turkey conservation org rep'd.

Man... that video just makes me mad, wish I hadn't clicked on the link
Posted By: North40R

Re: Sooo what would you have done???? - 06/26/17 10:32 AM

Originally Posted By: BC
If I had known he was going to jump in the blind with me I would have definitely tried to catch him. That would have made a hell of a story lol.

BC I've been waiting for the right situation for a couple years. Almost had it here at home with 11 Jakes year before last.
Posted By: NEbamahunter

Re: Sooo what would you have done???? - 06/26/17 10:35 AM

I should have caveated my response above that I would been too trigger happy to ever let that situation play out in the first place, trigger would have been pulled within about 10 yds... smile
Posted By: CarbonClimber1

Re: Sooo what would you have done???? - 06/26/17 11:26 AM

Had a bizg longbeard rio get run into some black brush by some yotes in texas. I pulled up bout the time they was fixin to kill him. Burnt one down an wounded the other one. I walked up an untangled mr gobbler an it was like he was soooo glad to see me. I picked him up an fixed his feathers an fluffed him up. Took a picture with him an set him back down sucker hung around for 30 min after that before he finally waddled off
Posted By: BradB

Re: Sooo what would you have done???? - 06/26/17 12:25 PM

Grabbing it around the neck and wringing it like a chicken would not be as easy as you might think based on personal experience.About 40 years ago I was stuck at Auburn over Thanksgiving and me and my buddies thought it would be fun to go down to the AU poultry farm and acquire us a turkey to cook.WE snuck in at night, went to the hut like things they kept them in and on the count of three me and one other buddy each grabbed a roosting bird by the neck and attempted to wring/break it. What happened instead was the turkeys went crazy, flapping their wings and basically spinning us all over the hut, waking up all the other turkeys which began to raise absolute hell.WE managed to get them in the bed of the truck and basically laid on top of them until we got back to the apartment where we could get a knife to dispatch them because we tried everything we could think of to break there darn neck. Those skeezers are tough and rubbery.I will admit there were substantial amounts of alchohol involved. We cleaned those suckers in the communal showers of the rat hole I was living at. Anybody on here old enough to remember Thorntons Boarding House? Was next to Krystals and Chanelos Pizza. Truly third world accomodations. LOL
Posted By: Turkeymaster

Re: Sooo what would you have done???? - 06/26/17 01:01 PM

machete killed him for sure. always been a dream of mine to kill a wild turkey with a machete
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: Sooo what would you have done???? - 06/26/17 06:12 PM

The way my season ended I'd gladly shot the piss out that bird.
Posted By: BrentM

Re: Sooo what would you have done???? - 06/26/17 09:22 PM

You would have missed him rofl
Posted By: ridgestalker

Re: Sooo what would you have done???? - 06/27/17 06:59 AM

Whild Bill brings them in like that on a regular basis.
Posted By: ozarktroutbum

Re: Sooo what would you have done???? - 06/27/17 08:21 AM

Originally Posted By: crenshawco
If it was truly a wild bird I would've shot him and never though twice about it. I actually wouldve shot him before all that even took place. Pretty strange for a wild bird to act like that though.
If that was a wild bird it never would have gotten that close if they were truly hunting
© 2024 ALDEER.COM