Aldeer.com

Adding to my collection

Posted By: Squeaky

Adding to my collection - 06/12/17 04:29 PM

I've been on a bit of a spending spree since turkey season closed. I guess you say it's after season depression that's causes me to briefly loose control over my wallet. The end result is some pretty nice calls and strikers that will get their maiden voyage to the turkey woods next spring if the Good Lords Willing.

Snakewood & copper pot made by Larry Gresser

Gabon Ebony over Holly shorty box and scratch box by SS Custom Calls

Custom Strikers by Derrick Stuckey and Larry Gresser

I don't have any pictures of these calls but I also picked up several more and have others on Oder. I picked up two pots by Kimmy Hanks both won the DD Adams award in 2016 & 2017. I also picked up an Ed Trenfecko short box Purple Heart over Black Limba. Ed is currently building me a bloodwood over mineral stain poplar short box. I have two Tate Williams scratch boxes on order. He is the grandson of the legendary Lamar Williams. These scratchers sound amazing as Stony has a couple sound files of his calls Tate made. Last but not least is the two pots I have on order from Daybreak Turkey Calls. I have Mr. Anderson building me a Ceramic and Aluminum pot.

Needless to say I'm spent out on turkey calls. grin
Posted By: crenshawco

Re: Adding to my collection - 06/12/17 04:41 PM

Nice calls there Mike. Do yourself a favor and order a Stuckey Mac Ebony. It will run anything!
Posted By: Jmxinc

Re: Adding to my collection - 06/12/17 08:27 PM

After all that hunting you can still buy for next Year!
Mans got some Deep Pockets!
Posted By: Yelp softly

Re: Adding to my collection - 06/12/17 10:09 PM

I seemed to notice that your old calls didn't have much trouble calling any up. I'm not sure there's much room for improvement there.

Re: Adding to my collection - 06/12/17 10:26 PM

I think he knows the language pretty well
I like that copper one ,,I bet it sounds sweet
Can you run it for us one time?

Re: Adding to my collection - 06/13/17 07:16 AM

Originally Posted By: Yelp softly
I seemed to notice that your old calls didn't have much trouble calling any up. I'm not sure there's much room for improvement there.

That's true about my current calls. However when you hunt with some other excellent hunters and callers there was opportunity to discover a weakness in my skills. I always like to learn and improve on things I learned from the previous season. This year I learned I'm not nearly as good as I thought I was on a pot call. I wanted to change things up with my calls in that area after hunting with one of my buddies that can flat out run a pot call. One thing lead to another and I bought some additional calls. I want keep all these calls, once they are evaluated some of them will be offered up for sale.

Re: Adding to my collection - 06/13/17 07:18 AM

Originally Posted By: Jmxinc
I think he knows the language pretty well
I like that copper one ,,I bet it sounds sweet
Can you run it for us one time?

I have a sound file made of me running this call but I can't figure out how to load onto here. When I get back home from offshore I can make a sound file on my soundcloud app and load it that way I beleive.
Posted By: bayouturkey

Re: Adding to my collection - 06/13/17 07:51 AM

Would love to hear that copper call. Awesome looking call.
Posted By: foldemup

Re: Adding to my collection - 06/13/17 08:17 AM

They look good Mike!
Posted By: ronfromramer

Re: Adding to my collection - 06/13/17 03:08 PM

That snakewood pot call is almost too pretty to take to the woods
Posted By: wareagle22

Re: Adding to my collection - 06/13/17 03:54 PM

[quote=ronfromramer]That snakewood pot call is almost too pretty to take to the woods

That call is just plain nasty!!! I've heard the sound file and it's bad to the bone.
Posted By: Daggerz

Re: Adding to my collection - 06/13/17 04:11 PM

Originally Posted By: wareagle22
[quote=ronfromramer]That snakewood pot call is almost too pretty to take to the woods

That call is just plain nasty!!! I've heard the sound file and it's bad to the bone.

Yes it is!
Posted By: Deerslyer86

Re: Adding to my collection - 06/13/17 10:31 PM

I made me a Snakewood Striker the other day. Top Grade A Snakewood. Had a guy ask if a $100 would buy it. Lol.

Re: Adding to my collection - 06/13/17 10:36 PM

Posted By: 3toe

Re: Adding to my collection - 06/13/17 10:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Deerslyer86
I made me a Snakewood Striker the other day. Top Grade A Snakewood. Had a guy ask if a $100 would buy it. Lol.

I hope you sold it

Re: Adding to my collection - 06/13/17 11:00 PM

Originally Posted By: 3toe

I hope you sold it

Nope
Posted By: n2deer

Re: Adding to my collection - 06/14/17 01:09 AM

Nice calls mike
Posted By: wbpc

Re: Adding to my collection - 06/14/17 07:11 AM

Very nice!
Posted By: BC_Reb

Re: Adding to my collection - 06/15/17 03:48 PM

I hope you sold it

Nope

How's a guy supposed to know how much it costs, if he doesn't ask? $100 seems like a heck of an initial offer for a single striker.

Very nice calls, Mr. Mike. I know they will be put to good use this spring! beers

Re: Adding to my collection - 06/15/17 10:58 PM

Originally Posted By: BC_Reb

I hope you sold it

Nope

How's a guy supposed to know how much it costs, if he doesn't ask? $100 seems like a heck of an initial offer for a single striker.

Very nice calls, Mr. Mike. I know they will be put to good use this spring! beers

A $100 is a very good offer and probably crazy for not saying yes. Idk I just really like this one and this type of figure is hard to come by. I did think about putting it up for auction. I do have another piece of Snake coming but don't have this great of figure

Re: Adding to my collection - 06/24/17 09:41 PM

Hey Squeaky,
Did you ever figure how to post some sound bites
running that sweet looking Snakewood Copper call?
Sure would like to hear you run that one!

Re: Adding to my collection - 06/24/17 09:42 PM

PM me your number. I can text you a sound file.
Posted By: James

Re: Adding to my collection - 06/25/17 04:09 AM

cool
© 2024 ALDEER.COM