Aldeer.com

Commercial TSS shells?

Posted By: NFHunter

Commercial TSS shells? - 05/25/17 05:25 PM

If this has been discussed, I missed it. Thoughts?

https://www.apexmunition.com/specs
Posted By: YEKRUT

Re: Commercial YES shells? - 05/25/17 05:30 PM

It was brought up a few weeks ago ok here. Only thing I remember is that 7.5's would be the smallest they were loading to begin with due to smaller being illegal in some states.
Posted By: BOFF

Re: Commercial YES shells? - 05/25/17 05:41 PM

Originally Posted By: YEKRUT
It was brought up a few weeks ago ok here. Only thing I remember is that 7.5's would be the smallest they were loading to begin with due to smaller being illegal in some states.

Reads on the website they're selling #8 and #9.

"These shells are all loaded with TSS. Your choice of 8 or 9 shot with 20ga, 12ga or even our 10ga shells. When all you have is one shot, make it count!"

God Bless,
David B.
Posted By: 3toe

Re: Commercial YES shells? - 05/25/17 06:10 PM

Whew! 10ga is $12 per pull of the trigger.

Re: Commercial YES shells? - 05/25/17 06:18 PM

Originally Posted By: BOFF

Reads on the website they're selling #8 and #9.

"These shells are all loaded with TSS. Your choice of 8 or 9 shot with 20ga, 12ga or even our 10ga shells. When all you have is one shot, make it count!"

God Bless,
David B.

That's good news then. I haven't been to the website since the first time it came up here.
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Commercial YES shells? - 05/25/17 06:35 PM

Originally Posted By: 3toe

who needs a 10ga with TSS shot???
Posted By: 3toe

Re: Commercial YES shells? - 05/25/17 07:06 PM

Originally Posted By: BhamFred
Originally Posted By: 3toe

who needs a 10ga with TSS shot???

Exactly
Posted By: poorcountrypreacher

Re: Commercial YES shells? - 05/25/17 07:32 PM

I believe that it was Nitro that said they were gonna load tss and use 7.5 shot. They announced that before turkey season and I haven't heard anymore about it. Apex announced they were starting up and actually sold some already.
Posted By: hootn

Re: Commercial YES shells? - 05/25/17 08:20 PM

and im going to buy some in 20 ga for the new 870.

Re: Commercial YES shells? - 05/25/17 08:35 PM

Originally Posted By: poorcountrypreacher

I believe that it was Nitro that said they were gonna load tss and use 7.5 shot. They announced that before turkey season and I haven't heard anymore about it. Apex announced they were starting up and actually sold some already.

I think you are correct preacher, now that I think about it I know it was them too.
Posted By: n2deer

Re: Commercial YES shells? - 05/25/17 11:07 PM

Im sure they will be good, people been shooting these loads for years.
Posted By: Hevishot13

Re: Commercial YES shells? - 05/26/17 05:52 AM

They're using Hal's loads aren't they?
Posted By: Johnal3

Re: Commercial YES shells? - 05/26/17 09:10 AM

Originally Posted By: Hevishot13
They're using Hal's loads aren't they?

I sure hope so, so they aren't overpressured like all their other loads.
Posted By: NFHunter

Re: Commercial YES shells? - 05/26/17 09:50 AM

Scott, You didn't tell me the 870 is a 20. I probably need to make that move
Posted By: Mully

Re: Commercial YES shells? - 05/26/17 10:35 AM

Nitro was the one that said they were only going to load 7.5's. Apex will be loading 8's and 9's from what I have read. I think I will order some for my 870 I picked up from 257wbymag this week.
Posted By: hootn

Re: Commercial YES shells? - 05/26/17 10:18 PM

Originally Posted By: NFHunter

Ill let you know how it shoots. got the IC choke in today. going to use the maxi blend hevi shot.

Re: Commercial YES shells? - 05/27/17 08:16 AM

Originally Posted By: hootn

Ill let you know how it shoots. got the IC choke in today. going to use the maxi blend hevi shot.

It's gonna hurt.....

the shoulder.

Them things are deadly, but the ones I have shot just plain O'l hurt to shoot.

Can't believe I used to shoot a 3.5" 12 ga either though.

Guess I'm getting soft.

Post up the numbers when you have time. That's a killing machine which has been around for a long time for a reason!

God Bless,
David B.
Posted By: Bustinbeards

Re: Commercial YES shells? - 05/27/17 08:40 AM

Originally Posted By: hootn

try some federal Heavy weight #7 also, if you are staying with factory shells. If you want to load a few shells give me a call.
Posted By: Double D

Re: Commercial YES shells? - 06/15/17 02:54 PM

You're right BOFF, it hurt a bit. Tried some 3.5 in 12 gauge in a Binelli SBE with a Jebs 665 choke. 460 #9 in a ten inch circle at 40 yards. It might be overkill, but like what I saw.

Re: Commercial YES shells? - 06/15/17 03:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Double D
You're right BOFF, it hurt a bit. Tried some 3.5 in 12 gauge in a Binelli SBE with a Jebs 665 choke. 460 #9 in a ten inch circle at 40 yards. It might be overkill, but like what I saw.

thumbup

That will get it done.

What did the 20" look like?

God Bless,
David B.
Posted By: Tamestranger

Re: Commercial YES shells? - 06/15/17 04:55 PM

I got some 3.5 #9 from them this week. First shot with my Stoeger p350 with I.C. .665 got 507 in the 10" at 40 yards. After I use the other 9 shells I bought, I will be investing in a 20 gauge.

Re: Commercial YES shells? - 06/15/17 07:00 PM

l Did not try it at 20, at ten dollars a pop figured I would save a few. As tight as it was at 40 I can see how it would be easy to miss at closer ranges, will try to get a pic of it.
Posted By: buckbrush

Re: Commercial YES shells? - 06/15/17 07:00 PM

I heard from one of their pro staff that #10's will be coming out soon.
Posted By: crenshawco

Re: Commercial YES shells? - 06/15/17 08:34 PM

If any of y'all are going to shoot 12 gauge, I'd recommend dropping to 8s or 8.5s. 500 9s in the 10" is awesome but you're going to run out of effective lethality before you run out of pattern density.

Re: Commercial YES shells? - 06/15/17 09:09 PM

Originally Posted By: crenshawco
If any of y'all are going to shoot 12 gauge, I'd recommend dropping to 8s or 8.5s. 500 9s in the 10" is awesome but you're going to run out of effective lethality before you run out of pattern density.

I shoot 8's & 8.5's. They do an awesome job.

Re: Commercial YES shells? - 06/16/17 06:31 AM

Crenshawco, what do you believe the effective lethality is on the 9's hate the thought of wounding them.
Posted By: crenshawco

Re: Commercial YES shells? - 06/16/17 07:03 AM

Probably around 70 yards. Just depends on the exact size 9s you've got.

Re: Commercial TSS shells? - 06/16/17 07:51 AM

^^^ I think that's spot on I actually took a bird at 70 yds this year didn't realize he was that far do to some terrain and tall grass but he was every bit that far. It was a 8.5 and 9 duplex load. Knocked him on his tail but stood back up when I finally got to him. He had his head down eyes closed so I just clubbed him in the back of the head. Wouldnt recommend taking that shot again but it all worked out.
Posted By: marshmud991

Re: Commercial TSS shells? - 06/16/17 11:31 AM

I'm going to order some for my 20ga. It's going to be the 3" shells. What size shoe do y'all recommend? Not really interested in shooting over 40yds but I've been known to misjudge distance. Help me out.
Posted By: foldemup

Re: Commercial TSS shells? - 06/16/17 12:09 PM

9s in the 20 GA.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM