Aldeer.com

Rubbing it in my face

Posted By: blumsden

Rubbing it in my face - 05/15/17 06:45 AM

I just put in my throw and mow plots and now every morning i hear 3 gobbling their heads off on my farm about 100 yards from the house. Killed 2 on the farm this year, but didn't hear the gobbling i usually hear. It's obvious they have a calendar.
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: Rubbing it in my face - 05/15/17 10:09 PM

I haven't heard any yet but I still listen in the mornings, and every time I hear a crow or owl I stop and listen. It's about to get hot enough for me to not think about it any more.

****Tip for next year..........plant April 1*******
Posted By: ronfromramer

Re: Rubbing it in my face - 05/16/17 12:56 PM

I was out fiddling in the garden this morning and heard one gobbling pretty good. Every time I heard a cow the gobbler answered. Tried but couldn't kill him during the season. 2 days after the season ended, I could have shot him out of my truck at about 30 yds. I hate turkeys but I love hunting them, it's a mental illness
Posted By: Gobble4me757

Re: Rubbing it in my face - 05/16/17 02:26 PM

Guys I hunt with went to camp for work/cleanup purposes this past weekend and on the way out, not 25 yards from the truck was a huge gobbler strutting for 10 or so hens in the pasture...didn't pay them any attention and gobbled up a storm...they sat and watched in the truck for 5/10 min before they eased off...gotta love it!
© 2024 ALDEER.COM