Aldeer.com

First time in 21 seasons

Posted By: Atoler

First time in 21 seasons - 05/13/17 06:41 PM

That I haven't killed a bird in Alabama. Two misses and working out of town the whole season didn't help things. Nevertheless I had a good time and can't wait til next year.

Managed some birds in tn and Nebraska to salvage it.

Posted By: BhamFred

Re: First time in 21 seasons - 05/13/17 06:45 PM

birds is birds, quit complaining. grin grin
Posted By: North40R

Re: First time in 21 seasons - 05/13/17 07:09 PM

Congrats! You still had a good season.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: First time in 21 seasons - 05/13/17 07:12 PM

Heck, Bama sucked this year. I didnt kill one here either.

Thinking Id rather hunt OOS where there are birds. Thats where I killed mine too.

Good job otherwise though in connecting OOS!

What did you think of Nebraska??

Interested to hear
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: First time in 21 seasons - 05/13/17 07:58 PM

And flipping off guys on public land. Yep karma got yo ass.

Re: First time in 21 seasons - 05/13/17 08:00 PM

Originally Posted By: outdoorobsession
Heck, Bama sucked this year. I didnt kill one here either.

Thinking Id rather hunt OOS where there are birds. Thats where I killed mine too.

Good job otherwise though in connecting OOS!

What did you think of Nebraska??

Interested to hear

They weren't callable at all when we were there. Heard very little gobbling. On the flip side, there were a ton of birds and as long as you can lay eyes on them they can be killed pretty easy.

Re: First time in 21 seasons - 05/13/17 08:02 PM

Originally Posted By: 257wbymag
And flipping off guys on public land. Yep karma got yo ass.

That was after the Bama season was over. Plus, karma doesn't bite you in the ass when you're in the right.
Posted By: sj22

Re: First time in 21 seasons - 05/13/17 09:24 PM

Congrats on the kills!
Posted By: Rockhound

Re: First time in 21 seasons - 05/13/17 09:27 PM

Congrats, we should have got together on yahnali one day i hunted there slit early season, called it quits up There when the pressure got on. Was you working close to the wma?
Posted By: Turkey Petter

Re: First time in 21 seasons - 05/13/17 09:33 PM

Good job! Sometimes it's just one of those seasons. I started turkey hunting in 1985 and killed my first in 1987 ( I guess the good Lord felt sorry for me after 2 years of dumb mistakes). I've managed to kill at least one MS Eastern every year with the exception of the 1992 season. I could not buy one at a grocery store that year. Missed them, limited time to hunt, and bad breaks. Hang in there and congrats on 4 nice gobblers.
Posted By: poorcountrypreacher

Re: First time in 21 seasons - 05/14/17 07:48 AM

Congrats on your birds! It's really nice to end the season out west where turkeys respond to calls so much better than here.
Posted By: Jmxinc

Re: First time in 21 seasons - 05/14/17 10:42 AM

Congrats on finishing like you did

Re: First time in 21 seasons - 05/14/17 11:35 AM

Thanks fellas.

Re: First time in 21 seasons - 05/14/17 11:38 AM

Originally Posted By: poorcountrypreacher
Congrats on your birds! It's really nice to end the season out west where turkeys respond to calls so much better than here.

You would be surprised. These birds had no interest in a call. They really didn't gobble once they hit the ground either. I'm not sure if it was just the time of the year or what, but it definitely wasn't what I was expecting from a calling stand point.

Re: First time in 21 seasons - 05/14/17 11:40 AM

Originally Posted By: Rockhound
Congrats, we should have got together on yahnali one day i hunted there slit early season, called it quits up There when the pressure got on. Was you working close to the wma?

Maybe we can do it next year. I was only able to hunt two short mornings, and a few afternoons from 5 to dark. id like to give it a shot earlier in the season next year.
Posted By: poorcountrypreacher

Re: First time in 21 seasons - 05/14/17 04:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Atoler
Originally Posted By: poorcountrypreacher

You would be surprised. These birds had no interest in a call. They really didn't gobble once they hit the ground either. I'm not sure if it was just the time of the year or what, but it definitely wasn't what I was expecting from a calling stand point.

Dang, that is tough to go to NE and not hear much gobbling. I don't know how many gobbles I heard over that 2 week period I was out there, but I know it was well over a thousand. I heard one bird gobble over 100 times in a 20 minute period. He wouldn't leave his hen right then, but later on he just had to check me out.
Posted By: Squeaky

Re: First time in 21 seasons - 05/14/17 08:38 PM

Congrats Austin on your Birds. thumbup
Posted By: BamaGuitarDude

Re: First time in 21 seasons - 05/15/17 08:22 AM

There's a first time for everything; I was happy about my 2 AL birds this year, altho I had plenty of chances for more, my firm belief is if you can slay 'em in Alabama, you can rack up in other states; your post proves that in spades. Congrats
Posted By: JUGHEAD

Re: First time in 21 seasons - 05/15/17 09:39 AM

Congrats on the birds Austin! Great season!
Posted By: jellyhead11

Re: First time in 21 seasons - 05/15/17 10:17 AM

Congrats man!
Posted By: RacksnSpurs

Re: First time in 21 seasons - 05/15/17 11:04 AM

I did not kill one in bama this year either
Posted By: NEbamahunter

Re: First time in 21 seasons - 05/16/17 06:39 AM

I've had 4 zeros over the years (and a cpl years where I couldn't hunt at all) but they were true zeros.... not mopping em up outta state! smile
Posted By: BC_Reb

Re: First time in 21 seasons - 05/16/17 07:02 AM

It was a weird season. I feel like the later in the season it got, the more hens became avaliable in Bama. I'm glad to see you got to hammer some ooser birds buddy!
Posted By: gobbleman

Re: First time in 21 seasons - 05/16/17 09:34 AM

Very nice going,congrats!!
© 2024 ALDEER.COM