Aldeer.com

Missed perdido wma

Posted By: Johntravis89

Missed perdido wma - 04/26/17 09:01 AM

Missed a nice gobbler on perdido wma. Hung up about 50 yards I was guessing. Ended up being a little further than that once I stepped it off. Thought I had my first gobbler since I was 12. He caught some pellets but he seemed fine after 3 3inch magnum #4s
Oh well.... give it a go again tomorrow. Anyone think he might be around that area again tomorrow??
Posted By: Southwood7

Re: Missed perdido wma - 04/26/17 09:28 AM

How far was he after you stepped it off? I don't think you'll call him up tomorrow.
Posted By: BamaGuitarDude

Re: Missed perdido wma - 04/26/17 09:46 AM

YMMV but "grazed hit" birds usually vacate, but clean missed birds can sometimes come back... Turkeys get spooked by freakin' crickets, so ... a sudden, loud *BOOM* but a clean miss is usually no big deal... The ones that I've grazed, tho -- I either *DID* hit/kill them or they just hauled *ss... Folks on here may remember the one I blew feathers off of 2 years ago; he never came back...

Good luck ... there are no hard & fast "rules" with a wild turkey -- that's why they're "wild"
Posted By: sj22

Re: Missed perdido wma - 04/26/17 10:44 AM

No expert but if you shot at me 3 times I wouldn't come back to that area the next day
Posted By: Johntravis89

Re: Missed perdido wma - 04/26/17 01:59 PM

Originally Posted By: sj22
No expert but if you shot at me 3 times I wouldn't come back to that area the next day

That's the damn truth. He was an old smart public land bird
© 2024 ALDEER.COM