Aldeer.com

White turkey calls

Posted By: turduchen

White turkey calls - 04/18/17 08:59 AM

I have a chance to buy some turkey call from a friend of a friend. He has some Billy White calls that I hear are the best. They are on the expensive side so I am only buying one. Would you guys recommend the Raspy Glass or Hustling Hen or Alabama Cackler? I like the pot style call better but I not familiar with these calls either.

Thanks
Posted By: Hevishot13

Re: White turkey calls - 04/18/17 09:16 AM

lol I'll take the Alabama cackler. Seriously
Posted By: jacannon

Re: White turkey calls - 04/18/17 09:21 AM

If I was buying one to hunt with, it would be the hustling hen. The Cackler is kind of big to carry. It sounds good, but it stays at home. I haven't tried the raspy glass, but I would guess it is good also.
Posted By: BC

Re: White turkey calls - 04/18/17 09:54 AM

You know Billy White still makes calls right? Just call him and he will give you his address and you can send him a check. I bought a Hustlin Hen from him last year for $30. Whatever you do don't ask if you can come by his house. Trust me on that one.
Posted By: BamaGuitarDude

Re: White turkey calls - 04/18/17 10:00 AM

Originally Posted By: turduchen
I have a chance to buy some turkey call from a friend of a friend. He has some Billy White calls that I hear are the best. They are on the expensive side so I am only buying one. Would you guys recommend the Raspy Glass or Hustling Hen or Alabama Cackler? I like the pot style call better but I not familiar with these calls either.
Thanks

I prefer the Raspy Slate over the Raspy Glass pot personally (I've got both).
Posted By: Turkey

Re: White turkey calls - 04/18/17 10:13 AM

Hustling Hen. And like BC said, deal with him by phone and mail. He don't want your company.
Posted By: ozarktroutbum

Re: White turkey calls - 04/18/17 10:18 AM

Originally Posted By: BC
You know Billy White still makes calls right? Just call him and he will give you his address and you can send him a check. I bought a Hustlin Hen from him last year for $30. Whatever you do don't ask if you can come by his house. Trust me on that one.
$30? What?

Re: White turkey calls - 04/18/17 10:20 AM

The Alabama Cackler is his most unique call in my opinion. I've never come across a slate type call that sounded like it. I'd go with it.
Posted By: turduchen

Re: White turkey calls - 04/18/17 01:51 PM

Thanks for the information
Posted By: mr.clif

Re: White turkey calls - 04/18/17 02:56 PM

Never seen a Hustlin Hen for 30 bucks better buy all of ya can get for that price.

Re: White turkey calls - 04/18/17 04:23 PM

Originally Posted By: mr.clif
Never seen a Hustlin Hen for 30 bucks better buy all of ya can get for that price.
He must have owed him $50 or so...I can't imagine him coming down at all on any of his calls

Re: White turkey calls - 04/18/17 04:25 PM

I saw a hustlin hen on ebay this time last year that sold for like $202...yeah that's a ripoff but apparently the buyer didn't know he could get one for less than half of that from Billy.
Posted By: BC

Re: White turkey calls - 04/18/17 08:06 PM

I hunt about 20 min from his house. I broke a box call last year on the last week of season. I needed one for Nebraska so I called up Mr. White. Got him on the phone and he made me a price. I offered to come by his house since I was so close. He started acting all janky about it so I offered to meet him at a gas station in town because I could tell he wasn't keen on strangers at his home. There was a long pause and he said "Look fella you need to take a hint. You mail me a check and I mail you a box call and you ain't getting one no other way".

I said yes sir and hung up. Mailed him a check and carried my tail to Nebraska without a box call.

Re: White turkey calls - 04/18/17 08:28 PM

I see. Yeah, I know how he is with customers.
Posted By: 3toe

Re: White turkey calls - 04/18/17 08:59 PM

The one Hustlin Hen I heard I wasn't too impressed. May have been out of tune but it didn't sound too good
Posted By: wareagle22

Re: White turkey calls - 04/18/17 10:14 PM

Originally Posted By: 3toe
The one Hustlin Hen I heard I wasn't too impressed. May have been out of tune but it didn't sound too good

Me too. I bought one and didn't like it at all.
Posted By: Strictlybow

Re: White turkey calls - 04/18/17 11:19 PM

Originally Posted By: ozarktroutbum
The Alabama Cackler is his most unique call in my opinion. I've never come across a slate type call that sounded like it. I'd go with it.

Unique yes, but the worst sounding call I have. Even tried diff strikers. Sits on the mantle collecting dust.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM