Aldeer.com

Crossing a road

Posted By: MattIce

Crossing a road - 03/31/17 01:23 AM

For the past 2 years I've been watching turkeys every evening I came home from work, there would be several hens and toms in this one field across the road from my hunting land. Same story different year. How do I get them to cross the road? Sorry im new to this.
Posted By: tbest3

Re: Crossing a road - 03/31/17 06:44 AM

I'd try to make the fella across the road a real good buddy. Or you could go piddlin, just make sure to keep your facemask on. Yekrut can fill you in a little more on piddlin techniques.
Posted By: turkey247

Re: Crossing a road - 03/31/17 06:51 AM

What would you strut across a road to get in mating season?

It's loud when those wing feathers scratch bumpy county road pavement.
Posted By: rrhunter

Re: Crossing a road - 03/31/17 08:19 AM

Corn
Posted By: Hevishot13

Re: Crossing a road - 03/31/17 10:14 AM

Originally Posted By: turkey247
What would you strut across a road to get in mating season?

It's loud when those wing feathers scratch bumpy county road pavement.
snoot will make em cross a road every time
Posted By: 3toe

Re: Crossing a road - 03/31/17 10:30 AM

Ask a chicken. smile
Posted By: ridgestalker

Re: Crossing a road - 03/31/17 01:01 PM

Stand in the road and show him a fan and start backing slowly on to your place when e clears the line blast him.
Posted By: poorcountrypreacher

Re: Crossing a road - 03/31/17 02:08 PM

Burn your land and they will all come live there.
Posted By: dsmc

Re: Crossing a road - 03/31/17 10:31 PM

A buddy of mine was hunting my farm in Georgia last year and saw 3 fanned out and strutting across the road in a large pasture. He had a chicken on a stick with him and decided what the he**, so he cut to them real hard on his box to get their attention and then showed them the decoy. Well they like it pretty good and took off in a run straight toward him. They came a couple of hundred yards flew across the fence and road and came in at a trot. He tried to line 2 up but couldn't manage so he picked one out at 15 yards. I was gonna get one and try it out but never got it ordered.
You might try this.
David
© 2024 ALDEER.COM