Aldeer.com

#6 got a pass this morning

Posted By: Squeaky

#6 got a pass this morning - 03/20/17 08:43 PM

Well I had the opportunity to end my Bama season. I passed on what I thought was an unethical shot. I had 3 strutters in a food plot along with 3 jakes and a pile of hens. One of the gobblers started running a Jake right to me and in doing so got himself in range of my little 20. The only issue was all the turkeys standing behind him. I just didn't feel comfortable taking the shot and risk killing multiple birds. Those tss #8 leave a mark when they connect.

I sure thought it was going to pan out since I called a hen out of the group and she proceeded to kee kee and yelp non stop for 5 minutes looking for me. I thought for sure one of the gobblers would come to her calling. I guess the boss hen did not like how things were unfolding so she drug all the other birds out of the plot and left me the single hen. I stayed after them until 11 but never could get the fired up to relocate their whereabouts.

I have two roosted for tomorrow's hunt so we shall see how that pans out.
Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Re: #6 got a pass this morning - 03/20/17 08:56 PM

I'm pushing all my chips in the middle and bet it all on Squeaky by 8am!

Dr. B
Posted By: March15

Re: #6 got a pass this morning - 03/20/17 09:12 PM

Originally Posted By: bamaeyedoc
I'm pushing all my chips in the middle and bet it all on Squeaky by 8am!

Dr. B

I fold.
Posted By: YEKRUT

Re: #6 got a pass this morning - 03/20/17 09:13 PM

Good call. You will end it soon enough.
Posted By: Bustinbeards

Re: #6 got a pass this morning - 03/20/17 09:16 PM

That turkey is dead and doesn't even know it. You made the right call if you didn't feel comfortable.
Posted By: poorcountrypreacher

Re: #6 got a pass this morning - 03/21/17 04:49 AM

Definitely the right call. I some TV shows where it's certain they hit other turkeys.
Posted By: mikewhandley

Re: #6 got a pass this morning - 03/21/17 06:57 AM

Tough call to make but I think you done right

Re: #6 got a pass this morning - 03/21/17 09:30 AM

No cigar this AM. I didn't even hear a bird gobble this morning. I called in two hens but no gobblers showed up. These 3 birds are becoming a challenge since they are so henned up.
Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Re: #6 got a pass this morning - 03/21/17 08:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Squeaky
No cigar this AM. I didn't even hear a bird gobble this morning. I called in two hens but no gobblers showed up. These 3 birds are becoming a challenge since they are so henned up.

Thanks man. How am I gonna pay the mortgage now? grin

Dr. B
Posted By: crenshawco

Re: #6 got a pass this morning - 03/21/17 08:12 PM

I'm guessing #6 is dead and probably has like 5 beards a 1 3/4" spurs. Squeaky is just holding him back as insurance for the turkey contest grin

Re: #6 got a pass this morning - 03/21/17 09:56 PM

Originally Posted By: crenshawco
I'm guessing #6 is dead and probably has like 5 beards a 1 3/4" spurs. Squeaky is just holding him back as insurance for the turkey contest grin

I sure wish that was the case Cole. I'm starting to believe there is truth behind getting the season ending bird. I'll enjoy the challenge and it doesn't happen I can't complain about my Bama season.

Re: #6 got a pass this morning - 03/21/17 09:59 PM

Originally Posted By: bamaeyedoc
Originally Posted By: Squeaky

Thanks man. How am I gonna pay the mortgage now? grin

Dr. B

Sorry Dr. B I've got a spare room if things get real bad for ya grin I sure wish I knew where those two birds got off to.
Posted By: skeeterfan

Re: #6 got a pass this morning - 03/22/17 12:07 PM

You will get #5.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM