Aldeer.com

Fixing old box call.

Posted By: AUwrestler

Fixing old box call. - 03/01/16 08:58 PM

After my granddad past away a few years ago, my gran gave me his old Lee's Champion Gobble Box. It doesn't sound very good and I'm wanting to get it in working order. Any recommendations on a call maker that could fix it?
Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Re: Fixing old box call. - 03/01/16 09:36 PM

What's wrong with it? It may just need a good chalking on the paddle and edge. Hope you kill one with it!

Dr. B
Posted By: YEKRUT

Re: Fixing old box call. - 03/01/16 09:37 PM

Chalk it and see if that helps first.

Re: Fixing old box call. - 03/01/16 10:50 PM

I chalked it some, but the paddle doesn't feel very smooth. Like its not getting a good connection with the side. Ive thought about sanding it down some, but scared to mess it up beyond repair.
Posted By: t123winters

Re: Fixing old box call. - 03/01/16 11:07 PM

if you need to work on the paddle,make sure you use a very fine grit sand paper...I would also suggest that you work it very lite,with the grain.Do not sand on the sound board,but you can rub it a little with some 400 grit paper,careful not to change the shape!

Re: Fixing old box call. - 03/01/16 11:20 PM

Honestly, scares me to mess it up. I'd rather pay for a professional to get it right. On most things I'm 100% DIY, but this is the only call from my granddad I have.

Re: Fixing old box call. - 03/01/16 11:29 PM

if you ever get up to Jackson county give me a holler,I may be able to help you pal.I am no expert ,but I do build custom calls,so we may be able to get it running!

Re: Fixing old box call. - 03/02/16 09:54 AM

Thanks t123winters. I hunt out there, hopefully I can pay you with a turkey hunt.

Re: Fixing old box call. - 03/02/16 11:18 AM

Originally Posted By: AUwrestler
Thanks t123winters. I hunt out there, hopefully I can pay you with a turkey hunt.
I will take it pal!!!!!just kidding I would be honored to help if I can.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM