Aldeer.com

Depressing

Posted By: crenshawco

Depressing - 05/21/15 08:13 PM

Man it sucks to get on here and other turkey forums and only see 1 or 2 active topics. It's going to be a long wait to March again.

I've got a 410 project I'm getting started on, I just need to find some powder now. What are y'all doing to pass the time?
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: Depressing - 05/21/15 08:20 PM

Don't worry looks like jugheads keeping it going with plenty of ra ra non sense.
Posted By: buckbrush

Re: Depressing - 05/21/15 09:04 PM

Been looking at some 410 and 28ga o/u's. Bought a few more federal hulls just so I don't have to worry about it next year. Besides catching up on house choirs I've been looking around for any good turkey leases which are hard to find in this state and the next adjoining ones. Its going to be a long year.
Posted By: N2TRKYS

Re: Depressing - 05/21/15 09:14 PM

I'll be banking points in a few months for a couple different states. Other than that, trying to save money for deer season.
Posted By: wmd

Re: Depressing - 05/21/15 09:27 PM

I just now got all my stuff put up. I ordered some more TSS and components to try a couple different 20 ga loads. I need to order an Indian Creek choke and I should be good on the weapons front.

I also have a couple of new places that I need to explore to be better prepared for next year.
Posted By: 202P&Y

Re: Depressing - 05/21/15 09:40 PM

Just got some tss in, so I guess I'll load a few shells. Also have an ff3 on the way to get sighted in.
Posted By: n2deer

Re: Depressing - 05/21/15 10:28 PM

New 12g project myself.

Bought a new box call today I love, it will hold me over a week or so, lol.

Planning for leases, hunts next year.

Been working on a boat to deer hunt out of, may fish a few times.

Ohh, finished cleaning spurs today, so depression set in a little. That usually does it for me.
Posted By: Ben2

Re: Depressing - 05/21/15 10:38 PM

Time to fish

Re: Depressing - 05/21/15 10:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Ben2
Time to fish

Says a fisherman. Lol
Posted By: AC870

Re: Depressing - 05/22/15 01:05 AM

Originally Posted By: n2deer
New 12g project myself.

Ohh, finished cleaning spurs today, so depression set in a little. That usually does it for me.

Tell us about the deer boat project. What ya got and what kinda places you going to hunt with it? Big water? Swamps? Creeks?
Posted By: JUGHEAD

Re: Depressing - 05/22/15 08:21 AM

Quitters.
Posted By: Squeaky

Re: Depressing - 05/22/15 10:52 AM

I'm buying custom turkey calls like a crack head!! Since I started buying custom calls I've taken a strong likening to them. It's a expensive new addiction on top of an old expensive addiction smile Me and Stony have been passing around sound files and talking about all the custom turkey calls we would like to buy.
Posted By: Rockhound

Re: Depressing - 05/22/15 11:18 AM

Bought 6 more pounds of tss and enough components for 300 shells.

Starting on the construction of my house and developing my newly acquired 80 acres into wildlife habitat.

Got a youngin coming in December.

Gonna fish and deer hunt and fall turkey hunt in between all that
Posted By: wareagle22

Re: Depressing - 05/22/15 11:36 AM

Originally Posted By: Squeaky
I'm buying custom turkey calls like a crack head!! Since I started buying custom calls I've taken a strong likening to them. It's a expensive new addiction on top of an old expensive addiction smile Me and Stony have been passing around sound files and talking about all the custom turkey calls we would like to buy.

I'm buying them too Mike! Just pulled the trigger on a $200 Richard Hudson hen box that I can't wait to get. Got a Reynolds Lil Jenny on the way too. Albert Paul is working on me a Henry Davis edition pocket call and I'm trading a call for a SS Custom scratch box. I love buying and trading custom calls.

I'm back building pot calls again trying to get a bunch built up before next spring. I'm gonna build the cherry crystal and cocobolo copper calls again this year so it's gonna keep me busy for a while.

Got my Affinity 20 ga at Lost-n-Camo getting a Mossy Oak original bottomland makeover as well as the FF3 protector and rain shield. She gonna be sweet when I get her back in a few weeks.

Got 200 Federal 3" hulls and 5 more lbs of #9 TSS coming. Gonna load up some Big20XXXL's and try them out this summer.

Can't wait for next spring.....
Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Re: Depressing - 05/22/15 11:48 AM

Looking at a big ole pile beards and spurs of season's past and wondering if I'll ever again look down the barrel of a gob in gun range!

Dr. B
Posted By: JUGHEAD

Re: Depressing - 05/22/15 12:01 PM

Originally Posted By: bamaeyedoc
Looking at a big ole pile beards and spurs of season's past and wondering if I'll ever again look down the barrel of a gob in gun range!

Dr. B
You didn't get in any birds this year Dr. B?

Re: Depressing - 05/22/15 03:46 PM

Originally Posted By: AC870
New 12g project myself.

Tell us about the deer boat project. What ya got and what kinda places you going to hunt with it? Big water? Swamps? Creeks?

It's nothing to special. 16ft Fisher with a 40hp mercury. My dad did some side job for a lady and she owed him about 500 bucks. He took it for payment. DEAL. Anyway, he doesn't fish so he asked to keep it at my place. Mostly hunting off big water. It sat for 10 years unused and so far all I had to replace is the steering cable and I got a water pump kit to put in it and bought a battery for the trolling motor if I need it any. I got about 300 bucks in it.

It's got a 98 40hp mercury on it. Anyone know where the water is suppose to come out of this thing (pee hole). I don't know alot about boats but can't seem to find it.

Re: Depressing - 05/25/15 02:13 AM

Originally Posted By: AC870
New 12g project myself.

It's nothing to special. 16ft Fisher with a 40hp mercury. My dad did some side job for a lady and she owed him about 500 bucks. He took it for payment. DEAL. Anyway, he doesn't fish so he asked to keep it at my place. Mostly hunting off big water. It sat for 10 years unused and so far all I had to replace is the steering cable and I got a water pump kit to put in it and bought a battery for the trolling motor if I need it any. I got about 300 bucks in it.

It's got a 98 40hp mercury on it. Anyone know where the water is suppose to come out of this thing (pee hole). I don't know alot about boats but can't seem to find it.

Sounds like a pretty cool little project. No idea about pee hole though.

Re: Depressing - 05/25/15 02:21 AM

Originally Posted By: Squeaky

I'm no expert on custom calls but I got a Magnolia Game Calls slate that an old boy in Mississippi makes that I really like. A buddy of mine here in Marshall county has Cluck N Duck calls. They're nice box calls. He turns out some seriously nice duck calls too. One of em looks like a shotgun shell. They're works of art.
Posted By: gobblinfever

Re: Depressing - 05/26/15 07:38 AM

[img:center]http://[/img]
Posted By: BrowningGuy88

Re: Depressing - 05/26/15 12:22 PM

Yeah kind of depressing...

I have bought a matching pair of Win 1300 Short Turkeys. Got the components for 300 20 gauge TSS shells. Got 4 pounds of TSS in hand. Going to order all the components for 300 12 gauge TSS rounds in a couple weeks.

Got our first child, a boy due 4 weeks from today.

Re: Depressing - 05/26/15 07:25 PM

Awesome, congrats on the son.
Posted By: Avengedsevenfold

Re: Depressing - 05/31/15 11:20 PM

All you guys talking about the kids due between now and turkey season....

Congrats on the children coming. Ain't nothing like them.

My regrets on all of the spare time that y'all used to have....you will feel the pain soon enough.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM