Aldeer.com

Slick Tricks

Posted By: 3FFarms

Slick Tricks - 12/11/14 03:10 PM

Just made the change after 20 years of shooting Thunderheads. Can't wait to try them out soon. You guys are good salesmen! thumbup
Posted By: Big AL 76

Re: Slick Tricks - 12/11/14 03:12 PM

I got my first bow kill with a slick trick magnum..the entrance and exit hole were amazing..
Posted By: huntbig

Re: Slick Tricks - 12/11/14 03:20 PM

I'm 3 for 3 this year with them thumbup
Posted By: Atoler

Re: Slick Tricks - 12/11/14 05:03 PM

I just switched to them after losing 2 deer this year to shoulder shots, they fly like a field point
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Slick Tricks - 12/11/14 08:52 PM

They're bad news indeed. I will never swap to anything else. I went to them in 2011 and have killed somewhere along the lines of 20 or so since, including a few heavy bucks. I shoot the magnum and standard heads. I prefer the magnums.
Posted By: NortonZ7

Re: Slick Tricks - 12/12/14 10:48 AM

Best fixed head made IMO
Posted By: hosscat

Re: Slick Tricks - 12/12/14 11:06 AM

I switched to them a few years ago, and so far they have never let me down, they fly great, and are very durable. I have yet to buy a single replacement blade, just re-sharpen, spin test and shoot again.
Posted By: mmusso

Re: Slick Tricks - 12/12/14 01:56 PM

Thank God y'all aren't shooting Rages. Those things are terrible... wink
Posted By: NortonZ7

Re: Slick Tricks - 12/12/14 04:34 PM

Originally Posted By: mmusso
Thank God y'all aren't shooting Rages. Those things are terrible... wink

They work all right for my deer smile
Posted By: perchjerker

Re: Slick Tricks - 12/13/14 08:20 PM

It took you boys long enough to listen, Ive been praising them for yrs. Exit wounds look like slug holes. Fur learned a long time ago. Last time i heard from you Matt you wwere using expandable. LOL
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Slick Tricks - 12/13/14 09:36 PM

Originally Posted By: perchjerker
Exit wounds look like slug holes. Fur learned a long time ago.

Yes they do, and yes I did. This is a picture of the "slug hole" exit wound on a KY 8 point that I shot through the right shoulder blade. Pass through shot. The deer loped 2 times covering about 15 yards, stopped, turned to look at where he was standing when I shot him and fell over dead. I killed 3 deer with a bow that year and the COMBINED distance that they all ran was 25 yards.

Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Slick Tricks - 12/13/14 11:46 PM

Originally Posted By: perchjerker
It took you boys long enough to listen, Ive been praising them for yrs. Exit wounds look like slug holes. Fur learned a long time ago. Last time i heard from you Matt you wwere using expandable. LOL

I keep two expandables in my quiver for predators, and I'll also sling one at a doe in a heartbeat. But they are the 1 1/4" Wasp Jack-hammers. I ain't shooting anything with over a 1 1/2" expandable blade. I did shoot a 196 lb buck this year with an expandable. It was by accident though. I was trying to do my dad-in-law a favor by shooting some does in his yard one morning(he hates them eating in his garden). So anyway, I climbed into a shortleaf pine tree about 50 yards out their back door over a red oak that was raining acorns. I slipped an expandable on my rest for the first doe I had in range. Well, not long after that a buck walks up by the swimming pool that I couldn't let walk, and I didn't have time to change out heads in that situation. Yeah, I shot one with an expandable. grin
© 2024 ALDEER.COM