Aldeer.com

Best Highly Adjustable Bows?

Posted By: Huntinman

Best Highly Adjustable Bows? - 12/07/14 10:11 PM

I have a friend looking at a bow tech fuel for the adjustability and the possibility of passing it down to a son after a year or so. What are your thoughts on these 15-70 lb 18-31 in. adjustable bows? Are any better than the others? Do they perform just as well at all levels of adjustability? Is it worth it? Anything and everything would help.

Just to add, he is a big traditional shooter and finds himself with less and less time practice and stay in tune with the trad bows. Basically, he is looking for something he doesn't have to practice as much with, and can still get the job done.

Thanks
Posted By: alexsupertramp

Re: Best Highly Adjustable Bows? - 12/08/14 12:11 PM

mission craze. often touted as youth bow, but there is nothing youth about its abilities and adjustability.
Posted By: swam4au

Re: Best Highly Adjustable Bows? - 12/08/14 06:10 PM

Or mission riot. I shot it a few times and liked it, but found a brand new mission venture for $300
Posted By: Pollwoll

Re: Best Highly Adjustable Bows? - 12/25/14 07:47 AM

My Riot is my first bow. It can adjust to a draw length of 19" to 30" and pull weight of 15 lbs. to 70 lbs. As an intro to archery, it is perfect to pass it down to a new archer (my kids or nephews) once my skills require a nicer setup. It is as small (31" ATA) as a compact bow, which helps a lot when I travel through dense woods and swamps looking for deer. See http://missionarchery.com/product/riot/ then visit the Custom Archery Center, they'll set you up right with a Mission bow.

The return for investment is good. When tuned, the compound consistently finds the bull. It will likely be the same for the Bowtech. The archery suppliers have found a niche market and there will be a more wide selection of products along this line for many years. A hot rod bow is always better when it is being used at maximum potential, because it was designed to reach stellar capabilities.

It's not a bad compromise of efficiency for adjustability that a novice shooter needs. I can drop my pull weight to 30 lbs if I want to work on shooting form without getting physically worn out. Either bow would fit the bill, IMO. There's so much talk about Bowtech's quality that I'm also interested in their product. Not as much chatter on the Mission side from what I've seen. The few Riot owners that post online do have favorable views of their bows.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM