Aldeer.com

I'm new at this bowhunting

Posted By: Browning7Mag

I'm new at this bowhunting - 11/06/14 10:43 PM

Well this evening I was hunting and right at dark I had decent 8pt come across in front of me at 23yds boardside an he stopped. So I put the pin right behide the shoulder an shot he made a grunt sound and took off. I watched him run out of the field an it sounded like he crashed. Well I got down and couldn't find my arrow or any blood. I looked for over an hour So I'm thinking I missed but I'm gonna go back in the morning to look some more.
Posted By: Johnal3

Re: I'm new at this bowhunting - 11/06/14 10:52 PM

What did it sound like when the arrow hit? Did you have a good light? If you couldn't find the arrow, it's probably because he carried it off. Hope he's laying there in the morning.
Posted By: 87dixieboy

Re: I'm new at this bowhunting - 11/06/14 10:52 PM

I shot one one time in the shoulder and it made a grunt sound. Didn't get a full pass through and my arrow broke off. Never found the deer hope u find em man.
Posted By: Shaw

Re: I'm new at this bowhunting - 11/06/14 11:06 PM

Did the arrow make a thump noise or was it a loud crack?

Re: I'm new at this bowhunting - 11/06/14 11:10 PM

It made a thump noise.

Re: I'm new at this bowhunting - 11/06/14 11:14 PM

We're you in the woods or on a plot? Did you look in the area you heard the crash? I'm willing to bet you find your deer in the morning. A thump and a grunt normally means a lung hit. Good luck, hope you find him.

Re: I'm new at this bowhunting - 11/06/14 11:19 PM

Yep, sounds like u knocked the breath outta him! Let us know how it turns out. Hopefully I'm gonna let the air out of one myself in the am!

Re: I'm new at this bowhunting - 11/07/14 12:00 AM

I was on a plot. I looked in the area where it sounded he crashed but it was pretty thick an I hadn't found any blood so thats when I thought id better back out an wait for morning because I could have walked up on him an never seen him.
Posted By: Southwood7

Re: I'm new at this bowhunting - 11/07/14 01:06 AM

I hope you find him, I bet he is dead.
Posted By: sluggun

Re: I'm new at this bowhunting - 11/07/14 02:03 AM

I've shot two that grunted when the arrow hit neither one went over 75yds. You'll find him in the morning. He's not far.

Re: I'm new at this bowhunting - 11/07/14 06:33 AM

Keep us updated.
Posted By: daniel white

Re: I'm new at this bowhunting - 11/07/14 07:01 AM

Originally Posted By: Browning7Mag
I was on a plot. I looked in the area where it sounded he crashed but it was pretty thick an I hadn't found any blood so thats when I thought id better back out an wait for morning because I could have walked up on him an never seen him.

Good move. thumbup

Re: I'm new at this bowhunting - 11/07/14 07:16 AM

Im headed back to look for him. I'll let y'all know how it turns out.
Posted By: skintback

Re: I'm new at this bowhunting - 11/07/14 07:18 AM

Yep, sounds like a hit to me. I bet the crash was him jumping Into the thicket and that's were he is now "dead".
Posted By: Fireman12

Re: I'm new at this bowhunting - 11/07/14 08:08 AM

Good luck man! Hope to see pics!
Posted By: Morris

Re: I'm new at this bowhunting - 11/07/14 08:26 AM

Good luck
Posted By: hopper35005

Re: I'm new at this bowhunting - 11/07/14 08:43 AM

Good luck
Posted By: Bowhunter84

Re: I'm new at this bowhunting - 11/07/14 08:44 AM

Good luck. Keep us posted
Posted By: bigcountry692001

Re: I'm new at this bowhunting - 11/07/14 09:19 AM

Good luck, hoping to see pics

Re: I'm new at this bowhunting - 11/07/14 09:44 AM

Dang, the suspense in killing me.
Posted By: Bowhunter84

Re: I'm new at this bowhunting - 11/07/14 10:10 AM

Originally Posted By: Shaw
Dang, the suspense in killing me.

Me too. I've checked this thread about 10 times in the last hour...

Re: I'm new at this bowhunting - 11/07/14 11:02 AM

I found some blood 175yds away on trail going into my other field and the blood stop once it got in the field. Its a dark color blood. I went to the pond thats probably another 300-350yds away thinking he might went to it but he wasn't there. So I went back to where the last blood was and walked every where an still nothing.

[img:center]http:// [/img]
Posted By: NortonZ7

Re: I'm new at this bowhunting - 11/07/14 11:03 AM

Good luck buddy. Hope you find him.
Posted By: forten

Re: I'm new at this bowhunting - 11/07/14 11:10 AM

Hope you find him buddy.
Posted By: James

Re: I'm new at this bowhunting - 11/07/14 11:29 AM

Originally Posted By: Browning7Mag
I found some blood 175yds away on trail going into my other field and the blood stop once it got in the field. Its a dark color blood. I went to the pond thats probably another 300-350yds away thinking he might went to it but he wasn't there. So I went back to where the last blood was and walked every where an still nothing.

[img:center]http:// [/img]
Good luck!..I killed a upper 120s 9point a few years ago we trailed that dude almost 400 yards!..We found small drops of blood every 10 yards or so sometimes further than that..Eventually he ran into some drainage areas and it helped open up the wounds & he gave out..
Posted By: bgarrett

Re: I'm new at this bowhunting - 11/07/14 11:32 AM

Time to go get a tracker.....

Re: I'm new at this bowhunting - 11/07/14 10:50 PM

Any luck?

Re: I'm new at this bowhunting - 11/07/14 10:54 PM

I searched everywhere but no luck. My dad and me are going back tomorrow to look some more.

Re: I'm new at this bowhunting - 11/07/14 11:46 PM

10/4..
Posted By: PEA_RIDGE

Re: I'm new at this bowhunting - 11/07/14 11:47 PM

GET YOU A TRACKING DOG TO HELP YA. WORTH THEIR WEIGHT IN GOLD

Re: I'm new at this bowhunting - 11/07/14 11:50 PM

Hate that for ya man, but it's an unfortunate part of bowhunting; or hunting period. Just try to learn from and correct what went wrong and go stick anuther 1! Good luck on finding him tomorrow.

Re: I'm new at this bowhunting - 11/08/14 12:03 AM

May very well have hit him forward & hit the muscle..I hit one last year just like that found some blood then no more blood nor did I Find a deer..Caught him on camera a week later..I might have missed it but did u find ur arrow?.Never mind just read ur post again..

Re: I'm new at this bowhunting - 11/08/14 09:43 AM

Hate to hear that. Like the others have suggested get someone with a dog if you can. If there's one good thing about losing one with a bow, it's the fact that most of the time they will survive if you don't find them.

Re: I'm new at this bowhunting - 11/08/14 10:09 AM

Well between me looking yesterday till 3pm an this morning with my dad. I searched almost the whole property 36 acres. I'm thinking his still alive. I found my arrow and there wasnt much blood on it. Looked like it barley touched him by the way the arrow looked. The only blood I found was just the spots in that pic and another spot bout 6ft away from it. I'm down on my self for it.
Posted By: GHTiger10

Re: I'm new at this bowhunting - 11/08/14 11:05 AM

You did the ethical thing and did everything you could to find him. Hopefully he is alive and will present a second chance later in the year. If you hunt long enough you're going to lose one eventually. While I'm new to hunting with archery the odds are probably quite a bit higher of it happening with a bow and arrow. Keep your head up and go get you another one.
Posted By: MattIce

Re: I'm new at this bowhunting - 11/09/14 11:58 PM

Keep an eye on the buzzards.
Posted By: BruteX

Re: I'm new at this bowhunting - 11/10/14 09:40 AM

Don't get down on yourself. I've been there and done that. Learn from it and move on. I'm sure he survived.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM