Aldeer.com

Deer dodging arrow

Posted By: outdoors1

Deer dodging arrow - 11/04/14 12:47 PM

Do you guys think deer dodge the arrow more or less when their head is down feeding?
Posted By: muzziehead

Re: Deer dodging arrow - 11/04/14 12:51 PM

It is just a reactionary impulse. If they hear a sound, their first instinct is to drop down. I have seen them do it when they were head down feeding as often as when they would be looking directly at me when the arrow released.
Posted By: SEMINOLES

Re: Deer dodging arrow - 11/04/14 01:40 PM

^ THIS

Had it happen Friday afternoon. She dropped about 4 inches and the arrow went right over her back.
Posted By: Booger

Re: Deer dodging arrow - 11/04/14 02:18 PM

I am an expert in this area given my two weeks of missing. Yes, a deer reacts to a sudden noise by dropping the front end first then the rear end so that it can launch out of harms way. Even my longbow(aka the Madhen), as quiet as it is causes deer to drop. In one of the first primos hunting videos(VHS) they show this in slow-mo. The average drop was around 12 inches. Pretty crazy.
Posted By: TChunter

Re: Deer dodging arrow - 11/04/14 02:28 PM

Originally Posted By: muzziehead
It is just a reactionary impulse. If they hear a sound, their first instinct is to drop down. I have seen them do it when they were head down feeding as often as when they would be looking directly at me when the arrow released.

This, aim LOW everytime. They will drop, period. Only gasme animal that Im aware of that does this. I aim just under the chest if its inside 30 yards. Have made spine shots with that point of aim.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM