Aldeer.com

Shaw...

Posted By: Bowhunter84

Shaw... - 11/04/14 11:00 AM

Ok shaw we want details and the full story on your hunt from yesterday.
Posted By: Shaw

Re: Shaw... - 11/04/14 03:54 PM

Nothing spectacular. Went in to the hardwood ridges where Emmett got his buck Saturday evening. He went to the middle stand and I went to the south stand this time. We were about 200 yards apart. Didn't see anything but squirrels until just after 8. Something spooked some turkeys down in the creek bottom and a gobble flew in and nearly landed in my lap. I do mean literally it my lap.

About an hour later I got a text from a buddy at work with a pic of a doe his son got with a bow I set up for him. We exchanged a couple of texts and I turned and looked to my right and the he was 25 yards away eating acorns under a red oak. I stashed the phone, got my bow and drew on him. My tether rope was in the way. I had to do some acrobatic moves to clear the tether rope and get the shot off. Dropped him in his tracks. Those Killzones are bad juju for whitetails.

Re: Shaw... - 11/04/14 05:07 PM

you spine shoot him?

Re: Shaw... - 11/04/14 05:13 PM

Nope.

Re: Shaw... - 11/04/14 06:20 PM

I've shot 2 does behind the shoulder with a rage and had them drop in their tracks.
Posted By: crocker

Re: Shaw... - 11/05/14 10:02 AM

So you recommend the nap killzones? I changed back to fixed heads because of loosing a deer with a rage head. Now Im having same issue as before. Fixed head is flying good out to about 25 yds but gets wild after that.
Posted By: crocker

Re: Shaw... - 11/05/14 10:04 AM

So you recommend the NAP killzones? I switched back to fixed blade because of loosing a deer to rage heads now I am having the same issue as before. Fixed head flies good out to about 25 yds and then goes wild.
Posted By: Bowfool

Re: Shaw... - 11/05/14 12:12 PM

My son has killed 2 does with the Killzones this year. Both lung shots and both dropped in their tracks!
Posted By: GomerPyle

Re: Shaw... - 11/05/14 02:24 PM

I'm shooting Muzzy 3 blades, just because I have 6 of them with replacement blades and they were given to me.........but I'm REALLY tempted to try these Killzones after reading about them here and on other sights. plus they appear to be significantly cheaper than the rage Hypo's...
Posted By: Bowfool

Re: Shaw... - 11/05/14 03:56 PM

Originally Posted By: GomerPyle
I'm shooting Muzzy 3 blades, just because I have 6 of them with replacement blades and they were given to me.........but I'm REALLY tempted to try these Killzones after reading about them here and on other sights. plus they appear to be significantly cheaper than the rage Hypo's...
Place I buy from has them both at the same price. Thing with the Hypodermics is you have to replace the little clips all the time that hold the blades in. Killzones have an internal clip that is only replaced with a new set of blades. We cleaned up my Son's and resharpened them with a special tool I have and they are ready to go again.

Re: Shaw... - 11/05/14 04:03 PM

I haven't replaced a clip or blade yet. Just resharpen if needed and put them back in the quiver.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM