Aldeer.com

Starting to think I messed up

Posted By: Browning7Mag

Starting to think I messed up - 11/02/14 11:06 AM

Guy's I was hunting yesterday evening, I've not bowhunted alot before this season. I had a nice 120" 8pt feed across my green field straight towards me. He got to around 23yds. I got drew back but he would never give me a broadside shot. I put the pin between his shoulders at the base of neck while he had his head down feeding but I talked my self out of taking the shot because I didn't want to take a chance on making a bad shot. Then he got a little nervous an walked out of the field with his tail up. Did I do the right thing not taking the shot or did I mess up by not taking it?
Posted By: N2TRKYS

Re: Starting to think I messed up - 11/02/14 11:17 AM

If you didn't feel right taking that shot, then absolutely you did the right thing. Doesn't matter what we jacklegs think. grin
Posted By: Fullthrottle

Re: Starting to think I messed up - 11/02/14 11:25 AM

Originally Posted By: N2TRKYS
If you didn't feel right taking that shot, then absolutely you did the right thing. Doesn't matter what we jacklegs think. grin

Never take a shot you don't feel comfortable with

You did the right thing
Posted By: Shaw

Re: Starting to think I messed up - 11/02/14 11:33 AM

^^^ What they said.
Posted By: Browning7Mag

Re: Starting to think I messed up - 11/02/14 11:36 AM

Thanks N2trkys for the advice I will no longer listen to yall jacklegs laugh. I was just second guessing my self this morning about it.
Posted By: sluggun

Re: Starting to think I messed up - 11/02/14 04:27 PM

Yoi cant kill them if you havent got a arrow in the air. Just kidding you did the right thing.
Posted By: Johnal3

Re: Starting to think I messed up - 11/02/14 04:31 PM

What they said. That's a killing shot, but there's little room for error. You did exactly right if you didn't feel comfortable.
Posted By: BOFF

Re: Starting to think I messed up - 11/02/14 04:40 PM

Best advice I have had from a good, older friend, is:

"If you have to think about it more than once, don't do it."

Applies to all things, particularly working with farm/heavy equipment.

You did the right thing, particularly not bowhunting a lot before this season.

A whole lot better letting them walk away uninjured, than letting one get away being hurt.

God Bless,
David B.
Posted By: Climber

Re: Starting to think I messed up - 11/02/14 08:35 PM

He's still out there and not food for the coyotes. Good call.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM