Aldeer.com

I missed anonymous

Posted By: Booger

I missed anonymous - 10/22/14 10:35 PM

My name is booger and I'm a deer misser. I missed a 13 yard chip shot on a fat young spike with my longbow this evening. Your support is appreciated.
Posted By: Shaw

Re: I missed anonymous - 10/22/14 10:46 PM

slap
Posted By: mmusso

Re: I missed anonymous - 10/22/14 11:34 PM

Happens to me at least once a year. All part of it...
Posted By: JA

Re: I missed anonymous - 10/23/14 07:41 AM

I'll take a clean miss over a bad hit any day. I've done plenty of both.

You'll get em next time.
Posted By: Ben2

Re: I missed anonymous - 10/23/14 07:41 AM

Don't you know it is bad mojo to shoot a young fat spike. Someone was looking out for you. Consider yourself lucky! smile
Posted By: Big AL 76

Re: I missed anonymous - 10/23/14 08:04 AM

I'm right there with you...yesterday I watched my arrow hit a limb in slow motion..my son also missed his first..no blood hair or arrow.

Re: I missed anonymous - 10/23/14 10:24 AM

Originally Posted By: Ben2
Don't you know it is bad mojo to shoot a young fat spike. Someone was looking out for you. Consider yourself lucky! smile

Very few get a pass when I'm using the longbow. But young fat spikes have long fat backstraps. smile
Posted By: buzzard

Re: I missed anonymous - 10/23/14 11:13 AM

missed last week on a 10yd chip shot. Have no clue what happened. clean miss over his back. cowhorn spike. I already had the spike stew recipe in my mind frown
Posted By: Shaw

Re: I missed anonymous - 10/23/14 12:33 PM

You know what adds insult to injury? Miss a big fat nannerhead at 12 yards. Then have the heifer step on your expensive Easton ACC arrow and bend it when she hauls tail out of there. I had that happen about 13 or 14 years ago.
Posted By: RAWFISH

Re: I missed anonymous - 10/23/14 12:47 PM

This could be a long topic, for those not in denial.
Posted By: SFC3

Re: I missed anonymous - 10/23/14 12:48 PM

Originally Posted By: JA

You'll get em next time.

x1000
Posted By: SeaPro

Re: I missed anonymous - 10/23/14 01:28 PM

I missed a coyote Saturday afternoon at 15 yards. The arrow only had two hairs on it. Pissed me off. But that's bow hunting!
Posted By: shootnmiss

Re: I missed anonymous - 10/23/14 01:42 PM

I missed a 140 class at 18 yards couple years ago. I cussed and cried. Ended up getting him with rifle later that season.
Posted By: yotetrapper

Re: I missed anonymous - 10/23/14 04:40 PM

I'm with ya. Tuesday evening I had a doe at 20 yards and clean missed over her back. I judged it for 30 yards...well that's my excuse anyways. Come on gun season!
Posted By: Megatrondiablo

Re: I missed anonymous - 10/23/14 04:42 PM

Originally Posted By: JA

You'll get em next time.

Yes
Posted By: johnv

Re: I missed anonymous - 10/23/14 05:48 PM

Part of bow hunting, all the aggregation is worth it when you do stick one.
Posted By: johnv

Re: I missed anonymous - 10/23/14 05:49 PM

Woops aggrevation
Posted By: outdoors1

Re: I missed anonymous - 10/23/14 06:09 PM

Welcome to the club.

Re: I missed anonymous - 10/23/14 07:05 PM

Thanks guys. I'm taking the miss one day at a time. smile
Posted By: t123winters

Re: I missed anonymous - 10/23/14 08:03 PM

I would rather miss one with a recurve,than kill one with a compound anyday,I am not knocking compounds they are great,but hunting with traditional archery is almost spiritual.
Posted By: ikillbux

Re: I missed anonymous - 10/24/14 07:52 AM

It's gonna be okay Boog, the days will get easier. Time wounds all heels, er, I mean heals all wounds...

Re: I missed anonymous - 10/24/14 09:24 AM

Originally Posted By: ikillbux
It's gonna be okay Boog, the days will get easier. Time wounds all heels, er, I mean heals all wounds...

lol
Posted By: Bigbamaboy

Re: I missed anonymous - 10/24/14 09:56 AM

You missed?!! You should be ashamed. I'll pm you my address so you can send me your shirt tail. Now go stand in the corner and think about what you've done! rofl
Posted By: Smoke_Diver

Re: I missed anonymous - 10/24/14 08:15 PM

Boog, My wife's uncle is Byron Ferguson's brother. They call him the long bow legend. Maybe I could get him to counsel you.
Posted By: daniel white

Re: I missed anonymous - 10/24/14 09:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Smoke_Diver
Boog, My wife's uncle is Byron Ferguson's brother. They call him the long bow legend. Maybe I could get him to counsel you.

Bryon, is the most amazing shot I ever seen, could pass for Conway Twitty brother. laugh
Posted By: Atoler

Re: I missed anonymous - 10/24/14 09:24 PM

I missed one in ga 3 weeks ago, I feel your pain

Re: I missed anonymous - 10/24/14 10:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Smoke_Diver

You mean Byron wouldn't be afraid that my FSU loving, fat spike missing mojo might rub off on him?
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: I missed anonymous - 10/25/14 11:25 AM

Boog don't feel bad, I missed 3 times, 3 different deer, in one afternoon from the same tree. Nobody on the face of the earth has ever had a worse case of doe fever than I have when I have a bow in my hands.
Posted By: Megatrondiablo

Re: I missed anonymous - 10/25/14 12:18 PM

Missing is going around today

Re: I missed anonymous - 10/25/14 06:37 PM

Missing may be contagious and is definitely airborne!
Posted By: Bucky205

Re: I missed anonymous - 10/26/14 09:32 AM

My worst is a friend of mine and I hunting years ago about 100 yards apart. Missed the same 6 point 3 times. I shot over him twice, Gene shot over him once. Traditionally we use to cut off your shirt tails if you missed a deer and hang them on a post at camp. Camo got more expensive, and that tradition ended.

Bought a range finder the next day.

Re: I missed anonymous - 11/04/14 05:59 AM

Hi, my name is Booger and I'm a deer misser. I missed a doe yesterday with my longbow at 5 steps. I would appreciate your support. Thanks.
Posted By: williambevelssr

Re: I missed anonymous - 11/04/14 10:32 AM

Originally Posted By: Booger
Hi, my name is Booger and I'm a deer misser. I missed a doe yesterday with my longbow at 5 steps. I would appreciate your support. Thanks.

welcome to the deer missing club .remember to pay the 10 buck fine to aldeer to help with the site.

note
by doing this you will learn to stay focused and quit missing deer or this site will get paid for a couple years in advance.
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: I missed anonymous - 11/04/14 06:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Booger

Were you on the ground or in a tree?

Re: I missed anonymous - 11/04/14 08:14 PM

Fur, I was about 15' up a tree.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM