Aldeer.com

Peep Sight

Posted By: JCarter

Peep Sight - 10/16/14 08:04 PM

Hey guys my peep sight is getting turned around. I am pretty green to bow hunting and not sure how to get in back align with the sight? Any help would be awesome.
Posted By: josht101

Re: Peep Sight - 10/16/14 08:11 PM

Sounds like your string is stretching and rotating. What bow do you have and have you ever had a string put on it. Hopefully Shaw or someone else with more knowledge than I will chime in.

Re: Peep Sight - 10/16/14 08:16 PM

PSE Stringer I have had it for two years and never had a string put on it...

Re: Peep Sight - 10/16/14 08:17 PM

If it helps I can still shoot pretty accurate with it turned around just by feel and what I can see of the sight but don't want to be Luke Skywalker when a deer finally gets in bow range
Posted By: Bustinbeards

Re: Peep Sight - 10/16/14 08:33 PM

You can try to rotate your D loop on the string.

Re: Peep Sight - 10/16/14 08:40 PM

Had to look it up to see what the d loop is. Yeah it's rotating freely around my string ? Is that the problem ?
Posted By: clarkdeer

Re: Peep Sight - 10/16/14 09:03 PM

Yes that's a problem. Your d loop should not rotate freely.
Posted By: clarkdeer

Re: Peep Sight - 10/16/14 09:04 PM

You can look on you tube and see how to tie a d loop.

Re: Peep Sight - 10/16/14 09:04 PM

Okay it does I don't even use much pressure at this point.. what's the next step? Edit... mine is looks super glued on I shall YouTube and Google from here unless anyone has a good idea.
Posted By: just_an_illusion

Re: Peep Sight - 10/16/14 09:05 PM

The D loop SHOULDN'T be rotating freely around the string. It SHOULD be cinched down tight. What Bustinbeards was referring to is: if your peep is rotated slightly, you can rotate your d loop to align it with the peep with the bow at rest. This should bring your peep in better alignment when you draw.

Hope this helps.

Illusion
Posted By: Shaw

Re: Peep Sight - 10/16/14 09:17 PM

Take a pair of needle nose pliers and insert the point end into the loop. Then open them up. This will cinch your loop down. Draw your bow and see where the peep lines up at full draw. If it doesn't point straight back turn your loop and redraw checking the peep alignment until the peep lines up at full draw. After this season get your string replaced with a custom built one. The PSE factory strings are pure junk. On a properly built string your peep will not rotate as you draw your bow. This means as long as you loop is dead center of the peep, it will be perfectly aligned at full draw.
Posted By: Tru-Talker

Re: Peep Sight - 10/16/14 09:18 PM

You can use a pair of needle nose pliers.. Insert them into the loop....and them pull the handles apart... It will cinch it tight.... It's how I do mine and never had it move on me.....

Re: Peep Sight - 10/16/14 09:22 PM

Just watched a video of what you guys told me. Thanks for the help! Shaw how do I go about getting your strings and expertise putting a new one on and helping me re zero it in after this season?
Posted By: Shaw

Re: Peep Sight - 10/16/14 09:33 PM

Just shoot me a PM when you get ready.
Posted By: tfd1224

Re: Peep Sight - 10/16/14 10:14 PM

If you have string leeches or any other through the string silencers I could tell you how to rotate your peep but it sounds as if you are new to archery and with inexperienced hands the way I tell you could result in a derailed bow.
Posted By: Vulkanman

Re: Peep Sight - 10/17/14 09:12 AM

Originally Posted By: JCarter
Just watched a video of what you guys told me. Thanks for the help! Shaw how do I go about getting your strings and expertise putting a new one on and helping me re zero it in after this season?

And already you are taking tremendous strides in your bowhunting knowledge base!
© 2024 ALDEER.COM