Aldeer.com

Cahaba WMA Anyone

Posted By: Rut2StruttSlayn

Cahaba WMA Anyone - 10/14/14 09:22 PM

I haven't deer hunted there yet, Turkey hunted this past spring and got a bird. Looked good for deer, just wanting to get a deer on the ground. What do yall think about this public spot?
Posted By: Tru-Talker

Re: Cahaba WMA Anyone - 10/14/14 09:36 PM

I believe the consensus will say tough hunting....but has some very good deer....
Posted By: Fireman12

Re: Cahaba WMA Anyone - 10/14/14 10:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Tru-Talker
I believe the consensus will say tough hunting....but has some very good deer....

True story
Posted By: Bowhunter84

Re: Cahaba WMA Anyone - 10/15/14 07:12 AM

Originally Posted By: Tru-Talker

Yup
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: Cahaba WMA Anyone - 10/15/14 07:27 AM

Few but big racks.
Posted By: jbsbama

Re: Cahaba WMA Anyone - 10/15/14 08:12 PM

I've been hunting it pretty religiously starting last year. It's very tough, mainly due to the terrain, you must scout scout and scout some more. I would recommend staying away from the crowded areas for all of the obvious reasons. Once you find an area that is not crowded stick with that area and learn it backwards and forwards. It took me up until around November last season before I could understand the patterns and how the deer use the terrain. Now I see 5-10 deer every hunt. I don't believe the density is down like most say, at least not where I go. Saw 9 today and had six different tracks circling my truck when I returned from my hunt. slap I could have hunted out of the bed of my truck and had 6 in shooting range. rofl
© 2024 ALDEER.COM