Aldeer.com

Live from Colorado Part 2!

Posted By: robinhedd

Live from Colorado Part 2! - 09/07/14 04:33 AM

Well my hunting buddy & me left for Colorado yesterday morning at 2:30 AM from his place in Lincoln Co. Tenn. We put some miles down, driving over 1300 miles until 9:30 Denver time last night. We were invited to stay with a friend of mine from 24hr campfire, he lives an hour east of Denver. The spread he has here is unbelievable, I couldn't believe it when I laid eyes on it. We stayed the night in his "yurt". I had no clue what a yurt is (it's a tee pee like hut). It's awesome, and I will post pics shortly. I can't wait for daylight, we're gonna glass the fields for mule deer and antelope, maybe a elk, then go shoot a few prairie dogs. We still have a few hours to drive today to make Rifle Colorado, where we will begin our elk hunt Monday morning. Pics to follow. RH
Posted By: Bar7Mag

Re: Live from Colorado Part 2! - 09/07/14 07:22 AM

Sounds like you are on a real adventure already. Can't wait to see some pics!
Posted By: YEKRUT

Re: Live from Colorado Part 2! - 09/07/14 08:34 AM

Awesome, good luck
Posted By: Daggerz

Re: Live from Colorado Part 2! - 09/07/14 07:28 PM

Good luck and safe travels, Brent! Bring you brother and I, back some elk meat.

Re: Live from Colorado Part 2! - 09/09/14 01:56 PM

Here's a few pics of my friends place where we spent the night Saturday night. We drove 1300 miles Saturday to get to his place. We stayed in his "yurt", which is a tee pee looking building. Here's some pics of his place.

The last pic is the barn! Go figure. He was gonna take us out prairie dog hunting, but we didn't have time, had to hit the road again.

Re: Live from Colorado Part 2! - 09/09/14 02:02 PM

We hunted hard yesterday & covered several miles. I didn't see any elk, but I heard a bull bugle right at dark. I found a shed elk antler (4 point). It's raining cats & dogs today, were heading to the high country around Cathedral Bluffs tomorrow, u can see all the way to Utah from there. I'll update when I can. RH
Posted By: tfd1224

Re: Live from Colorado Part 2! - 09/09/14 02:19 PM

cool pics
Posted By: swamp_fever2002

Re: Live from Colorado Part 2! - 09/09/14 03:04 PM

cool
Posted By: CAM

Re: Live from Colorado Part 2! - 09/09/14 03:05 PM

Originally Posted By: tfd1224
cool pics
thumbup
Posted By: Bar7Mag

Re: Live from Colorado Part 2! - 09/09/14 07:55 PM

Cool pics. Congrats on the elk shed. Kill a big one.
Posted By: scrubbuck

Re: Live from Colorado Part 2! - 09/09/14 08:26 PM

Nice pics! Yurts are pretty common out there.
Posted By: Bowhunter84

Re: Live from Colorado Part 2! - 09/10/14 07:37 AM

That's a Beautiful place your friend has!
Posted By: BPS

Re: Live from Colorado Part 2! - 09/10/14 07:40 AM

looks like yall will have a blast! Good luck and take more pics!
Posted By: Tru-Talker

Re: Live from Colorado Part 2! - 09/10/14 07:41 AM

cool Very nice place...
Posted By: bama7x57

Re: Live from Colorado Part 2! - 09/10/14 08:02 AM

cool
Posted By: Big Game Hunter

Re: Live from Colorado Part 2! - 09/10/14 03:39 PM

Enjoy your trip and take lots of pics!

Re: Live from Colorado Part 2! - 09/13/14 07:10 PM

Well I'm rolling back thru Kansas, tag soup this time. Thursday evening was awesome. I spotted a monster bull feeding by himself at 8500 feet elevation from a mile away. Me & my buddy put a stalk on him, made a couple of cow calls & he came in on a string. He was in the aspens, breaking limbs & tearing trees up. Cows were chirping everywhere. He hung up at about 75 yds. Then another bull accross the bowl from us steps out 450 yds, he had an awesome rack his self. Bulls were bugling everywhere, cows were walking all over the draw. The bull right in front of us was blowing our hats off, bugling & chuckling. Bulls were screaming behind us, I hear something behind me & turn my head, a Sattelite bull came accross a wide open valley & he's staring at me 55 yds away. I ease around, draw my bow and he spooks and ran back over the mountain. That was my goal, to get a shot on a bull. I didn't kill one, but had a great time!
Posted By: YEKRUT

Re: Live from Colorado Part 2! - 09/13/14 07:12 PM

Sounds like a good time was had. You can't always fill a tag, but you can make memories.

Re: Live from Colorado Part 2! - 09/13/14 07:15 PM

On Wednesday, a member of our group killed this nice 5x5. His name is Ed and he is 77 years old. He was sitting on a dove stool 50 yards from the truck! There was a cattle drive going thru the valley below, we think they spooked this elk to him, but we're not sure. Maybe it was just meant to be. He hunts with a crossbow with a special permit from Colorado Parks & Wildlife. The bull walked ran up to him & just stopped, he reached down & picked up his crossbow & smoked him. We drove the truck right to him. We were excited for him.

Re: Live from Colorado Part 2! - 09/13/14 07:26 PM

We stopped back by my friend Dons today, the place we stayed on the way. He took us out prairie dog hunting. We used his .204 Ruger, a sweet shooter for sure. We saw a lot of pronghorns on his place (another first for me) here's some pics from the prairie dog hunt.

Posted By: swamp_fever2002

Re: Live from Colorado Part 2! - 09/13/14 07:32 PM

cool Ed knows how to hunt!
Posted By: Shaw

Re: Live from Colorado Part 2! - 09/13/14 09:19 PM

Congrats to Ed. I love to see those old timers get it done thumbup
Posted By: Claims Rep.

Re: Live from Colorado Part 2! - 09/20/14 05:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Shaw
Congrats to Ed. I love to see those old timers get it done thumbup

X2. Two years ago on RSA I met an 88 year old man out in the field deer hunting. Hope I still can hunt at that age.
Posted By: SMB44

Re: Live from Colorado Part 2! - 09/20/14 10:30 PM

Awesome pics ! Thanks for sharing. I am glad you had a good time
Posted By: James

Re: Live from Colorado Part 2! - 09/21/14 08:12 PM

thumbup
© 2024 ALDEER.COM