Aldeer.com

My new bow.

Posted By: tfd1224

My new bow. - 08/27/14 07:54 PM

Well since my home got broke into and my brand new Mathews creed was stolen I was forced to get a new bow. I shot a lot of bows and had it narrowed down to 2 bows, the obsession Phoenix and the elite energy 32. They felt, acted, and sounded the same at the shot but the obsession was a hair faster in my opinion. In the end the obsession Phoenix won the race purely on aesthetics. They could make that elite a little better looking in my book. The coolest thing about obsession is you can go on their website and get a direct phone number and talk to someone at the factory who actually knows what's going on. I talked to Angela in the beginning and she transferred me to Todd, one of their bow builders and he advised me on what stage of manufacture the bow I wanted was in, I was told by him a couple days ago that they had just cut about 100 left hand Phoenix risers and they were about to go to the coaters and that if I wanted one I better order one in the next few days before they were ordered out. He said they may not cut anymore lefty risers for a few weeks and even told me which camo patterns they would get back from the coater first. I went and shot a right handed one and loved it so I ordered one. I called Todd today after I left the bow shop and he told me that if I wanted to go with another color limbs, riser or cams to just call him in a week and tell him what I want and that it would be no extra charge. I am still in limbo on colors but think I'm gonna stick with gunmetal with black cams. I do keep thinking about those red cams though. They even let me pick my string color. They told me I should have it in 3 to 4 weeks, we will see how that goes but so far the customer service is impeccable. Todd even talked to me for about 20 more minutes about where I can get accessories in the stormy hardwoods camo and easier ways to mount them. It makes you feel a lot better about ordering a bow from a company when you can talk to the guy building it, try that with Mathews.
Posted By: UARandy3

Re: My new bow. - 08/27/14 07:59 PM

Congrats! That's a sweet bow! That's how it was when I bought my New Breed. Being able to call the shop and talk to the builder, or go to the shop and see/talk to them, was a HUGE plus. And got to pick the string colors and coating options and super helpful. Hope that 3-4 weeks fly by for you!
Posted By: Shaw

Re: My new bow. - 08/27/14 08:10 PM

thumbup
Posted By: Reaper

Re: My new bow. - 08/27/14 08:51 PM

thumbup
Posted By: foldemup

Re: My new bow. - 08/27/14 09:11 PM

I think you made a good choice. I have a Phoenix in the stormy hardwoods and I think it is pretty darn good looking. I actually had the red cams, and thought it was too gawdy, so I called up obsession and they sold me a new set of black cams and they will refund my money when they receive the old red cams. I put a custom string on it and it's looking and shooting good. 28.5 in/70 lb shooting a 425 gr ACC at 292 fps...not the fastest in the world, but it is super smooth, and my holding weight is only 11 lbs. If they could get more dealers spread out, they would be able to sell the heck out of some bows. I really like the way you can buy a custom bow by picking from a large selection of camo patterns and colors for the riser, limbs, cams, and strings. I also like that you can talk directly to the owner when you call the number....the Angela you talked to was the owner's wife.
Posted By: swamp_fever2002

Re: My new bow. - 08/27/14 09:17 PM

thumbup thumbup

Re: My new bow. - 08/27/14 09:25 PM

The more I look at those stormy hardwoods original the more I want it but I am afraid it would be 70% white
Posted By: BD

Re: My new bow. - 08/27/14 10:05 PM

Nice
Posted By: Tru-Talker

Re: My new bow. - 08/27/14 10:22 PM

thumbup......... cool
Posted By: BearVenue

Re: My new bow. - 08/28/14 07:32 AM

Awesome deal
Posted By: Bowhunter84

Re: My new bow. - 08/28/14 09:14 AM

thumbup
Posted By: ElkHunter

Re: My new bow. - 08/28/14 03:43 PM

thumbup
Posted By: Goldhill1

Re: My new bow. - 08/29/14 05:54 PM

I've got the Evolution in gunmetal with red cams...if I can figure out how to post pics on here, I'll show ya what it looks like
Posted By: SMB44

Re: My new bow. - 08/29/14 07:38 PM

Thanks for the write up. I may give one a shot next bow I get.

Re: My new bow. - 08/29/14 10:17 PM

I called and changed from gunmetal to stormy hardwoods original, that pattern has grown on me.
Posted By: M4J0RT0M

Re: My new bow. - 08/29/14 10:45 PM

I absolutely love my Evolution. I shot every current flagship bow on the market and settled on the Obsession. For me it was a toss up between the Phoenix and Evo. I went the Evo for the added speed. Mine's throwing a 455 gr arrow 301 fps @ 29.5/70#.

Stormy Hardwoods original because that's what they had in stock. I really didn't want to wait, lol. Gunmetal would have been my first choice, followed by Bloodtrail in a close second.

I've had to stop shooting groups since I got the Evo.

Posted By: Bowfool

Re: My new bow. - 08/31/14 07:48 PM

thumbup
Posted By: BD

Re: My new bow. - 08/31/14 09:05 PM

Very nice
© 2024 ALDEER.COM