Aldeer.com

Live from Colorado!

Posted By: robinhedd

Live from Colorado! - 08/24/14 09:46 PM

I leave in less than 2 weeks for Colorado, either sex Archery Elk hunt.Thought I might try to do the first " Live from" thread of the season. I shot my Mathews Drenalin out to 80 yards today, I have complete confidence in that bow. 65 lbs, Gold Tip Kinetic Carbons 29" long with Magnus Stinger 125gr 4 blades. They weigh 475 grs and their shooting 260 FPS.

I have been working out like a villan. Stairclimber for a solid hour, eliptical for a solid hour, treadmill for an hour. I'm 38 years old and prob in the best cardio shape of my life.

I've never been to Colorado hunting, and really don't know what to expect other than a lot of walking, and seeing a lot of cool sights I've never saw before. We will be hunting extreme NW CO, in an area called the "Mesa". The elk aren't migratory in this area, so that's a plus. 2,000 acres of private ground and 20,000 plus acres of BLM land. I've got an either sex archery tag, a big bull would be awesome, but a cow will suit this ol'boy just fine. I will update this thread with pics when I leave, Robinhedd
Posted By: BowtechDan

Re: Live from Colorado! - 08/24/14 09:51 PM

Good luck to you! Fill us in on how it goes. I may be going in a year or two.
Posted By: Daggerz

Re: Live from Colorado! - 08/24/14 10:53 PM

Hope u have a safe and successful trip, Brent. I look forward to the thread and pics
Posted By: N2TRKYS

Re: Live from Colorado! - 08/24/14 10:57 PM

Heck yeah. Good luck. If you're allergic to yellow jackets, take some Benadryl with you. I saw a bunch of them buzzing around like bees do here.
Posted By: wagnon89

Re: Live from Colorado! - 08/25/14 12:11 PM

I'm gonna try to beat you to the first "Live From" thread. Leaving out this Thursday morning. I don't plan on have much cell service in the middle of the wilderness area though.
Posted By: kodiak06

Re: Live from Colorado! - 08/25/14 12:47 PM

Good luck! No live reports from me but, I can do nightly updates, lol. I'll hit the woods on Saturday morning. Be cool to take a quick bull and concentrate on getting my son an elk. He's working 5-6 10hr days so, I expect him to head in for the afternoon.
Posted By: Bowhunter84

Re: Live from Colorado! - 08/25/14 01:32 PM

Good luck!
Posted By: ElkHunter

Re: Live from Colorado! - 08/25/14 02:00 PM

My group leaves on the 20th. Have a safe trip and have fun!
Posted By: JP

Re: Live from Colorado! - 08/25/14 10:21 PM

Good luck to you all. Have a safe and fun trip.
Posted By: tfd1224

Re: Live from Colorado! - 08/26/14 12:12 AM

good luck
Posted By: 40Bucks

Re: Live from Colorado! - 08/26/14 09:30 PM

All you guys going out of state be extra careful and come back with some great pic and stories!
Posted By: J_C

Re: Live from Colorado! - 08/26/14 09:36 PM

You will be glad you got in shape. May want to pick up a camelback type drinking bag if you will be walking a lot. The air is dry and make you want water.
Posted By: BearVenue

Re: Live from Colorado! - 08/30/14 02:12 PM

Don't forget the updates!
Posted By: tfd1224

Re: Live from Colorado! - 08/30/14 03:25 PM

Originally Posted By: 40Bucks
All you guys going out of state be extra careful and come back with some great pic and stories!

And some bone
Posted By: ekc

Re: Live from Colorado! - 09/01/14 09:32 PM

Good luck! I will be driving out there for the last week in September. I have hunted BLM with some private mixed in and saw a lot of elk and killed a nice 5x5 on my fourth day. The bulls should be trying to get their cows together at the time you will be out there. It's my favorite animal to hunt. Remember if you spook them they will run a very long way so be careful when you try to get close. Enjoy every second out there.
Posted By: CAM

Re: Live from Colorado! - 09/02/14 07:50 AM

Good luck everyone thumbup
Posted By: wde05

Re: Live from Colorado! - 09/02/14 01:19 PM

Good luck!!
Posted By: Tru-Talker

Re: Live from Colorado! - 09/02/14 08:34 PM

Originally Posted By: BearVenue
Don't forget the updates!

X2.... Let's hear something... How's it going?
© 2024 ALDEER.COM