Aldeer.com

New bow - New Breed Lycan

Posted By: UARandy3

New bow - New Breed Lycan - 08/07/14 07:11 PM

Today I finally picked up my new bow. It's a New Breed Archery Lycan. 31" ATA w/ 65# limbs and 27" DL. It is SWEET! This is my first year actually bowhunting, and I absolutely can't wait. I handled and shot a good many bows before finally choosing this one. I'm stoked!

They didn't have the HHA sights I wanted to compare, and wasn't 100% sure about stepping to one immediately, so I just got a Trophy Ridge vertical 3 pin sight. Chose the QAD Ultrarest HDX and a B-stinger 6" stab. They recommended the Gold Tip Velocity arrows.

Here's a couple pics:

Posted By: LUMPY

Re: New bow - New Breed Lycan - 08/07/14 07:13 PM

Looks nice! thumbup
Posted By: Shaw

Re: New bow - New Breed Lycan - 08/07/14 08:24 PM

beers
Posted By: foldemup

Re: New bow - New Breed Lycan - 08/07/14 08:27 PM

Looks good...always fun to get a new toy!
Posted By: Climber

Re: New bow - New Breed Lycan - 08/07/14 09:03 PM

Great shootin bow!
Posted By: clarkdeer

Re: New bow - New Breed Lycan - 08/07/14 09:35 PM

Nice! Congrats
Posted By: Moose24

Re: New bow - New Breed Lycan - 08/08/14 09:15 AM

thumbup

I've got the Eclipse and love it. Just found out on facebook that New Breed will have some Mossy Oak patterns available in 2015.

Re: New bow - New Breed Lycan - 08/08/14 09:57 AM

Thanks guys! I only got to shoot it a little bit yesterday evening after the rain, so I really can't wait to get off this afternoon and sling some arrows and try to get it dialed in.

Moose: I saw that too. The pattern on mine is new for this year too. Originally had ordered one of last year's patterns, but when Renee called to confirm my order, she told me about this one, so I went with it and am quite happy.
Posted By: Bowfool

Re: New bow - New Breed Lycan - 08/08/14 01:05 PM

thumbup
Posted By: Reaper

Re: New bow - New Breed Lycan - 08/08/14 01:05 PM

thumbup
Posted By: Bowhunter84

Re: New bow - New Breed Lycan - 08/10/14 04:18 PM

thumbup
Posted By: Tru-Talker

Re: New bow - New Breed Lycan - 08/11/14 09:46 PM

cool
Posted By: Rocket62

Re: New bow - New Breed Lycan - 08/12/14 07:45 AM

Nice bow!

I've got that QAD and I love it, its deadly quiet. It can mismount an arrow if you draw to mount it but it never fails if you mount an arrow manually. The fact that its so quiet makes this point moot for me

I've experimented with many sights ... 3 pin, 5 pin, and now I have a HHA 1 pin. The HHA 1 pin works so well for me I consider the other trials a waste of money. My old eyes have a hard time resolving a target behind a 3 or 5 pin sight, depending on your age and eye health that may not matter

Really nice bow there ... She's easy on the eyes
Posted By: BD

Re: New bow - New Breed Lycan - 08/12/14 06:19 PM

Congrats on an awesome rig
Posted By: forten

Re: New bow - New Breed Lycan - 08/12/14 08:22 PM

Nice rig and new breeds are great great bows.

Re: New bow - New Breed Lycan - 08/12/14 08:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Rocket62
Nice bow!

I've got that QAD and I love it, its deadly quiet. It can mismount an arrow if you draw to mount it but it never fails if you mount an arrow manually. The fact that its so quiet makes this point moot for me

I've experimented with many sights ... 3 pin, 5 pin, and now I have a HHA 1 pin. The HHA 1 pin works so well for me I consider the other trials a waste of money. My old eyes have a hard time resolving a target behind a 3 or 5 pin sight, depending on your age and eye health that may not matter

Really nice bow there ... She's easy on the eyes

I'm liking the QAD as well. The sight is ok, but i think a 1 pin is going to be what I prefer. I am going to keep shooting it though for now at least and see how it goes over the next few weeks.

Thanks everyone on the compliments. I'm enjoying the bow quite a bit!
Posted By: grundan

Re: New bow - New Breed Lycan - 08/17/14 07:05 AM

what grain arrows are you shooting with that draw weight?
also just curious about the arrow speed. I am highly torn between tne Lycan and a Insanity CPX.

I gotta get to a shop and shoot one.

Re: New bow - New Breed Lycan - 08/17/14 04:52 PM

I'll be honest, I do not know what grains the arrows are. This is my first season bow hunting and went with what the guys at Grabow Outdoors recommended for my specific setup. I haven't shot through a chrono either, but have read a good bit of people that are actually shooting above its IBO rating at the shorter draw lengths though.

Sorry I can't answer your question any better. But I can say that I do like this bow quite a bit and am happy with the purchase.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM