Aldeer.com

If you bought a new bow RIGHT now?

Posted By: TChunter

If you bought a new bow RIGHT now? - 07/25/14 02:17 PM

What would it be?

Id be torn between Z7 Extreme, Bear Motive 7 and a Prime Shift or Alloy With a hard lean towards Prime.
Posted By: Reaper

Re: If you bought a new bow RIGHT now? - 07/25/14 02:30 PM

Go shoot the Prime before you buy one. I was leaning toward the Shift too, went and shot one and didn't like the draw cycle. It felt like you were pulling all the weight right before the wall when it finally let off.
Posted By: wde05

Re: If you bought a new bow RIGHT now? - 07/25/14 03:11 PM

I would love to go and shoot the new Matthews Chill SDX first but I have heard great things about it and would love to get it :-)
Posted By: Bustinbeards

Re: If you bought a new bow RIGHT now? - 07/25/14 03:38 PM

Elite or a new breed.
Posted By: gatorbait154

Re: If you bought a new bow RIGHT now? - 07/25/14 04:03 PM

I own a pse Evo, but the bow techs are smooth shooters also.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: If you bought a new bow RIGHT now? - 07/25/14 04:22 PM

Hoyt
Posted By: Steve-ALA

Re: If you bought a new bow RIGHT now? - 07/25/14 04:42 PM

Big Jim Buffalo longbow with the same woods as my Big Jim Thunderchild longbow
Posted By: Shaw

Re: If you bought a new bow RIGHT now? - 07/25/14 07:07 PM

Go shoot an Elite Energy 32. If I bought a bow today, that would be the one.

The Mathews Z7 Xtreme is called the ZXT now. Other Mathews models to consider are the HeliM, Creed, Creed XS or the ChillR. The Chill SDX is a women's bow, but you're probably into that kinda thing. grin

If you buy a new bow let me give you this one piece of advice, let somebody else work on the damn thing. wink
Posted By: Tru-Talker

Re: If you bought a new bow RIGHT now? - 07/25/14 07:40 PM

PSE X-Force.... DNA.....
Posted By: skintback

Re: If you bought a new bow RIGHT now? - 07/25/14 08:57 PM

Elite Energy 32 or Mathews
Posted By: BluffHunter14

Re: If you bought a new bow RIGHT now? - 07/25/14 09:59 PM

Mathews Creed Tactical Black...hopefully will be purchasing this soon if I can sell my Outback!
Posted By: Sulli

Re: If you bought a new bow RIGHT now? - 07/25/14 10:01 PM

Hoyt carbon spyder
Posted By: foldemup

Re: If you bought a new bow RIGHT now? - 07/25/14 10:01 PM

I wish there were more obsession dealers around so people could try them out...might not be for everyone, but I think a whole lot of people would be pleased if they were able to sample them.
Posted By: Bowhunter84

Re: If you bought a new bow RIGHT now? - 07/25/14 10:13 PM

i haven't shot any of the new mathews but i sure do like my Z7
Posted By: Climber

Re: If you bought a new bow RIGHT now? - 07/25/14 10:33 PM

New Breed
Posted By: Brent

Re: If you bought a new bow RIGHT now? - 07/26/14 09:07 AM

Mathews
Posted By: Dustin

Re: If you bought a new bow RIGHT now? - 07/26/14 09:16 AM

I've been a Mathews and Bowtech owner for the past 15 years or so.

I'm leaning heavy towards the Elite 32 or 35 right now.
Posted By: clarkdeer

Re: If you bought a new bow RIGHT now? - 07/26/14 09:34 AM

A few weeks ago a shot everything I could get my hands on. Man they all were nice. My top were three were the Bowtech RPM 360, the Elite Energy 32, and the Mathews Chill R. I went with the Chill R with the 75% rock mods. For me is was a great combination of smoothness and speed.
Posted By: tfd1224

Re: If you bought a new bow RIGHT now? - 07/26/14 10:00 AM

i like my mathews creed
Posted By: M4J0RT0M

Re: If you bought a new bow RIGHT now? - 07/26/14 02:16 PM

First post here and I'm also a new archer so take my advice with a grain of salt. I bought my first bow last fall. It was a PSE Stinger 3G, sold it after a month and bought a used 60# Hoyt Spyder 34, been shooting to since last November. It's a great bow but I've been wanting to upgrade to a 70# bow this year so I've been shooting lots bows over the last couple weeks.

So far I've shot the Mathews Chill and Chill R, Elite Energy 32 and 35, Hoyt Faktor, Faktor Turbo, Carbon Spyder and Carbon Spyder Turbo, and just today I got to shoot the Obsession Evolution and Phoenix.

First of all they were all great bows and I'd be happy to be able to shoot any of them. My favorite would have to be either of the Obsession's. Before I shot the Obsessions I thought the Energy 32 was my favorite.

The Evolution's draw cycle was smoother than the Elite's and both have limb stops for a back wall that's is much better than my Spyder or any other bow I've shot. Granted I haven't shot a Chill with the new rock mods yet.

The Evo and Phoenix were both super fast and whisper quiet. Although the Obsession's had a little more hand shock than the bows with the Carbon Spyder being the most vibration free. To me that's not a big deal though since all the bows I shot were bare and the small vibration that was there would be gone once you put a stabilizer on any of them.

In my opinion the Evo is the best looking of the bows as well. I'd still like to shoot the RPM 360 just to see how it stacks up.

If I could sell my Spyder right now, I'd be buying an Evolution for sure. I can't believe a bow that fast can be that quiet and easy to draw, just an awesome feeling bow.

By the way, I don't work for Obsession nor am I affiliated with them in any way, but I have a feeling that my first deer willing go down with an Obsession , at least I hope.
Posted By: clarkdeer

Re: If you bought a new bow RIGHT now? - 07/26/14 02:46 PM

Welcome! Never have shot the Obsession bows but I have read good things about them.

Re: If you bought a new bow RIGHT now? - 07/26/14 04:13 PM

Originally Posted By: M4J0RT0M
First post here and I'm also a new archer so take my advice with a grain of salt. I've been wanting to upgrade to a 70# bow this year so I've been shooting lots bows over the last couple weeks. Today I got to shoot the Obsession Evolution and Phoenix.

Welcome to the best forum on the interwebby thingy. Where did you shoot the obsessions at? If they could get some more dealers this way, they would sell the hell out of those 2 bows you shot. Love my Phoenix.
Posted By: hopper35005

Re: If you bought a new bow RIGHT now? - 07/26/14 06:10 PM

Elite energy 35, the let off is un godly
Posted By: Bowfool

Re: If you bought a new bow RIGHT now? - 07/26/14 07:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Bowhunter84
i haven't shot any of the new mathews but i sure do like my Z7
I keep hearing that's the best bow they ever made!

Re: If you bought a new bow RIGHT now? - 07/26/14 07:49 PM

I love my Z7.

Posted By: bowtarist

Re: If you bought a new bow RIGHT now? - 07/26/14 09:04 PM

I'd buy another New Breed Genetix.

Re: If you bought a new bow RIGHT now? - 07/26/14 10:18 PM

Man i wish i hadn't looked up that obsession evolution. That is the finest looking bow I've ever seen
Posted By: handihunter

Re: If you bought a new bow RIGHT now? - 07/27/14 12:34 AM

Chilli X
Elite 35
Posted By: Grasshopper

Re: If you bought a new bow RIGHT now? - 07/27/14 12:35 PM

Elite E32 are pretty good ...

Re: If you bought a new bow RIGHT now? - 07/27/14 06:56 PM

Originally Posted By: foldemup
First post here and I'm also a new archer so take my advice with a grain of salt. I've been wanting to upgrade to a 70# bow this year so I've been shooting lots bows over the last couple weeks. Today I got to shoot the Obsession Evolution and Phoenix.

Welcome to the best forum on the interwebby thingy. Where did you shoot the obsessions at? If they could get some more dealers this way, they would sell the hell out of those 2 bows you shot. Love my Phoenix.

Waldens in Augusta, GA. I was there picking up my kids. According to Obsession's website Sure Shot in Alex City is a dealer, only one in Alabama.
Posted By: LUMPY

Re: If you bought a new bow RIGHT now? - 07/27/14 07:38 PM

Obsession Sniper GT

Posted By: NightHunter

Re: If you bought a new bow RIGHT now? - 07/27/14 10:48 PM

Shoot the New Breed, Elite, Strother and Obsession before making a decision. The New Breed and Elite have great CS and New Breed is built here in AL. Kyle and the guys at New Breed are top notch!
Posted By: SMB44

Re: If you bought a new bow RIGHT now? - 07/27/14 11:54 PM

Hoyt Carbon Spyder Turbo

Mathews chill R

I like both and it would be hard to pick one...

Re: If you bought a new bow RIGHT now? - 07/28/14 09:49 PM

I talked to Shaw about the Z7 and went to a dealer here in Michigan to see if they had one. No Z7 but I tried the ZXT, the Creed and then made a big mistake and shot the Monster ChillR!! Man what a smooth, fast and quite bow with 0 hand shock or vibration! Someone loan me $900??
Posted By: extreme heights hunter

Re: If you bought a new bow RIGHT now? - 07/28/14 10:06 PM

buy shaws z7.

Re: If you bought a new bow RIGHT now? - 07/28/14 10:37 PM

Originally Posted By: extreme heights hunter
buy shaws z7.

Hell naw. It ain't for sale. wink

Bowfool, they stopped building the regular Z7 in 2012 I believe.
Posted By: BamaBart

Re: If you bought a new bow RIGHT now? - 07/29/14 02:24 AM

Still shooting my LX. I want a new bow but I gun hunt as soon as gun season starts. I still kill deer with the LX but I don't want to be too out dated. blush
Posted By: Jus_me

Re: If you bought a new bow RIGHT now? - 07/29/14 02:35 AM

Last season I shot a hand me down hoyt protech. This season I 'upgraded' shooting a bowtech general. I haven't shot a new bow in years so it's hard to say what I'd want. I'd definitely shoot the New Breed, Elites, Bowtech, hoyt, pse, and obsessions, find a good fit for me.
Posted By: Jpipererp

Re: If you bought a new bow RIGHT now? - 07/29/14 11:30 AM

I shot the new Chill in Andalusia ab a month ago and it's likely the smoothest bow I have shot in a while. However I love my bow and I am accurate with it out to 50yds. Don't see myself changing it until it breaks or someone offers me more than I payed for it.

Re: If you bought a new bow RIGHT now? - 07/29/14 02:22 PM

I'm headed to Sure Shot in Alexander City right now to see about getting an Obsession, can't wait!

If I wasn't getting the Obsession I'd be getting the Chill R for sure. Both have great speed, smooth shots, and good looks. The Obsessions draw cycle and back wall can't be beat in my opinion. I think it's even better than the Elite's I've shot.

Re: If you bought a new bow RIGHT now? - 07/29/14 02:51 PM

I'm headed to Sure Shot in Alexander City right now to see about getting an Obsession, can't wait!

If I wasn't getting the Obsession I'd be getting the Chill R for sure. Both have great speed, smooth shots, and good looks. The Obsessions draw cycle and back wall can't be beat in my opinion. I think it's even better than the Elite's I've shot.
thumbup
Posted By: flounderpounder

Re: If you bought a new bow RIGHT now? - 07/29/14 06:25 PM

Hard to go wrong with the bowtech experience.. 7" BH, Smooth, fast, and by far the quietest bow i have ever shot!
Posted By: Goldhill1

Re: If you bought a new bow RIGHT now? - 07/31/14 08:00 AM

Demo'd all the big names...thought I was set on the Elite 32. That was, til I shot the Obsessions...

Bought the Obsession Evolution (from Sure Shot in Alex City). Hands down better than anything else I tried. Highly recommend at least trying the obsessions before making your final decision.

Oh, and I'm in no way affiliated with obsession either.

Re: If you bought a new bow RIGHT now? - 07/31/14 10:13 AM

Originally Posted By: TChunter
Man i wish i hadn't looked up that obsession evolution. That is the finest looking bow I've ever seen

Did you buy one yet?
Posted By: Standbanger

Re: If you bought a new bow RIGHT now? - 07/31/14 10:29 AM

Hoyt Faktor or E35 by Elite

Re: If you bought a new bow RIGHT now? - 07/31/14 10:50 AM

Did you buy one yet?

Negative with house repairs and some other stuff going on it will be next year before I get a new one

Re: If you bought a new bow RIGHT now? - 07/31/14 12:29 PM

Did you buy one yet?

Negative with house repairs and some other stuff going on it will be next year before I get a new one

Understood....next year you can get a barely used one off archery talk for $400-500
Posted By: nomadicitch

Re: If you bought a new bow RIGHT now? - 07/31/14 10:25 PM

I second that Big Jim decision but I would go with a Thunderchild to compliment my Buffalo bow.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM