Aldeer.com

Bow Sling

Posted By: BD

Bow Sling - 07/09/14 10:05 PM

Anyone use the Primos or another brand? Looking for any cons as the pros are pretty evident.
Posted By: BowtechDan

Re: Bow Sling - 07/09/14 10:11 PM

Parachute cord.
Posted By: NightHunter

Re: Bow Sling - 07/09/14 10:11 PM

The only cons I've come up with are you have to watch your arrows, they get hung on stuff and will pop out of your quiver and you'll lose them and not know it. #2 Depending on where you set the length of the sling, the your sight will hit on your pack, stand, hip or leg when you walk. Just make sure nothing protrudes and hangs on your fiber optic, that sucks....especially on a single pin sight.

I have a cover now.
Posted By: Shaw

Re: Bow Sling - 07/09/14 11:36 PM

Been using the Primos version since they came out and have yet to have an issue. When I hunt my loc-on's I don't have to use a pull up rope.
Posted By: TChunter

Re: Bow Sling - 07/10/14 07:53 AM

Have the primos one and love it. I dont use a quiver on my bow so its even better. It hangs great on my truck seat when not in use as well.
Posted By: N2TRKYS

Re: Bow Sling - 07/10/14 08:24 AM

I use to have one. I sold it. Won't use one again.
Posted By: Moose24

Re: Bow Sling - 07/10/14 09:35 AM

I make and sell Paracord slings if you are interested.

http://bham.craigslist.org/spo/4561936985.html
Posted By: TChunter

Re: Bow Sling - 07/10/14 09:39 AM

Nice work Moose, I did my wrist sling in the picture above and thats all I had the patience for. Following the youtube video on cobra knot, cross twist chicken winging or whatever it was sent my ADD into full overdrive. I had to get my wife to come help me finish it. grin
Posted By: 3FFarms

Re: Bow Sling - 07/10/14 09:48 AM

Very nice, quality work, Moose. I have and like my Primos sling. Had it for many years. Like Shaw stated, almost carry it like a rifle.
Posted By: Jwbfx4

Re: Bow Sling - 07/10/14 12:38 PM

I bought a primos sling last year, and glad I did.
Posted By: BD

Re: Bow Sling - 07/13/14 03:39 PM

Thanks everyone. Ordered the Primos.

Moose - your product looks great, but I was looking for something to protect the cams and string. I will keep you in mind for future needs.
Posted By: tfd1224

Re: Bow Sling - 07/14/14 11:30 PM

my wifes uncle has a bowbat and it is pretty dang cool especially if you do all day hunts, here are a couple of pics.

Posted By: Bowhunter84

Re: Bow Sling - 07/15/14 07:14 AM

I use the primos. No complaints here.

Re: Bow Sling - 07/15/14 07:15 AM

Originally Posted By: Moose24
I make and sell Paracord slings if you are interested.

http://bham.craigslist.org/spo/4561936985.html

Those are nice moose.
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: Bow Sling - 07/17/14 01:46 PM

Tfd that things looks awesome! I'll be buying one for this fall
Posted By: tfd1224

Re: Bow Sling - 07/17/14 06:31 PM

Originally Posted By: jlbuc10

I really want one but I have a lingering thought in my head of walking up on a deer I want to shoot and having to take it out of the pack and nock an arrow before I could shoot.
Posted By: Haybale

Re: Bow Sling - 07/18/14 12:07 AM

Originally Posted By: tfd1224

I really want one but I have a lingering thought in my head of walking up on a deer I want to shoot and having to take it out of the pack and nock an arrow before I could shoot.
my thoughts exactly. It looks nice but Ill stick with the primos bow sling.
Posted By: skintback

Re: Bow Sling - 07/18/14 07:36 AM

I got the bow bat several years ago for Christmas. Great concept but was way to aggravating for me. I went back to the primos sling and back pack. The bow bat just doesn't have the free space a backpack or fanny pack does.

Re: Bow Sling - 07/18/14 07:59 AM

Originally Posted By: skintback
I got the bow bat several years ago for Christmas. Great concept but was way to aggravating for me. I went back to the primos sling and back pack. The bow bat just doesn't have the free space a backpack or fanny pack does.

I entertained the idea of getting a bowbat but like you said it looked to aggravating. The primos bow sling and my superday backpack are a good combo
Posted By: clarkdeer

Re: Bow Sling - 07/18/14 08:28 AM

Originally Posted By: tfd1224

Same thought here. I just prefer to keep my bow in my hand. I've walked two miles in to a stand before and carrying my bow never has been a problem. The key for me was finding some good back pack straps to put on my climber. I have my pack strapped to my climber so it can get heavy on a long walk.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM