Aldeer.com

Chill R and Energy 32

Posted By: clarkdeer

Chill R and Energy 32 - 05/27/14 06:40 PM

I shot the Mathews Chill R and the Elite E 32 this weekend. Both are very nice bows. Both felt great in my hand. The E32 did feel a little heavier. Both bows were set at 65#s. The Chill r was a 28" draw length and the E32 was 29" I am a 30" draw but this is all they had. The draw cycle on the Chill R was very nice. It pulled very easy until the end of the cycle where it got considerably harder just before it fell into the valley. The draw felt similar to my Z7 xtreme. The Elites draw started out a little harder however it kept that consistent pull throughout the cycle. There was no big hump. The back wall was certainly better on the Elite. I expected that as that is what the Elites are known for. The Mathews did not have the new rock mods on it. I would expect the back wall to be much better with the new mods. Both bows felt great at full draw. Both were super quiet. And both had very little vibration even with no stabilizer. One of these very well may be my new bow. However, there are other bows I would like to shoot. What would you guys say are other bows I should shoot before making a purchase.
Posted By: Shaw

Re: Chill R and Energy 32 - 05/27/14 06:55 PM

Those two would be at the top of my list as well.
Posted By: LUMPY

Re: Chill R and Energy 32 - 05/27/14 07:36 PM

I got an obsession sniper GT around Christmas....sweetest, smoothest, quietest bow I've shot....and I've shot a lot of them over the past 5 years
Posted By: NightHunter

Re: Chill R and Energy 32 - 05/27/14 08:04 PM

Go shoot a New Breed. I'd pick the Elite of the two you've shot so far and that's just due to personal feel.
Posted By: Grasshopper

Re: Chill R and Energy 32 - 05/27/14 09:38 PM

I bought the energy 32 and I very pleased with it .. It is a little heavy but it's truly dead in the hand .. Other bows claim they are but side by side not even .. I shot most others my second choice was Hoyt .. And I've never like Hoyt
Posted By: Hoss606

Re: Chill R and Energy 32 - 05/29/14 02:09 PM

New breed and obsession

Re: Chill R and Energy 32 - 05/29/14 04:16 PM

Anyone shot the Hoyt Faktor turbo?
Posted By: Sharpshooter69

Re: Chill R and Energy 32 - 05/29/14 10:55 PM

Try a New Breed.
Posted By: NortonZ7

Re: Chill R and Energy 32 - 06/02/14 05:40 PM

Originally Posted By: clarkdeer
Anyone shot the Hoyt Faktor turbo?

I've shot it. Its pretty dang sweet. I thought it was a fine shooting bow.

Re: Chill R and Energy 32 - 06/08/14 05:05 PM

I shot the Chill X today. Very nice bow. The draw felt similar to the elite bows. It was a little smoother than the Chill R but a little slower also. I plan on going somewhere next week to shot the Hoyt and Bowtech.

Re: Chill R and Energy 32 - 06/12/14 04:14 PM

I went to Nichols outfitters in Pelham today. This was my first time there. It is an odd set up but I liked this place a lot. The bow tech ,Buddy Bice, was very nice and helpful. I bought my last bow from him when he was at Marks. Any way I shot several bows and came out of there with a Chill R. I going back next week to get the rock mods installed. All the bows I shot were very nice. The Chill R just felt the best to me.
Posted By: Shaw

Re: Chill R and Energy 32 - 06/12/14 06:04 PM

Congrats. thumbup
Posted By: LUMPY

Re: Chill R and Energy 32 - 06/12/14 08:46 PM

Congrats!

Re: Chill R and Energy 32 - 06/14/14 08:23 AM

Re: Chill R and Energy 32 - 06/14/14 08:24 AM

© 2024 ALDEER.COM