Aldeer.com

Peep sight verifier ?

Posted By: Grasshopper

Peep sight verifier ? - 05/20/14 06:07 PM

I'm having trouble seeing my pins clearly .. I've been told to try a verifier which sounds like it would work but I have a few concerns .. One is the cost to try one out around 25 $ .. Two is I'm a hard core bow hunter so ill seat thru rain and snow , I'm wondering about the lens getting wet and fogged up ..
Does anyone use one ..
What about it ?
Posted By: Shaw

Re: Peep sight verifier ? - 05/20/14 06:31 PM

Yep, you will have to worry about that lens. If it gets wet it is a royal pain to get cleaned out. I'm going to give you some advice, you can take it or not. I saw in another thread you have .010 pins on your sight. They're too small for a hunting set up. Hell, they were too small for a target set up for me. I couldn't shoot worth a chit with them. You need to go to at least .019 pins. From reading about the problems you're having getting consistent groups, sounds like you're in the same boat as me.
Posted By: 2Dogs

Re: Peep sight verifier ? - 05/20/14 06:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Shaw
Yep, you will have to worry about that lens. If it gets wet it is a royal pain to get cleaned out. I'm going to give you some advice, you can take it or not. I saw in another thread you have .010 pins on your sight. They're too small for a hunting set up. Hell, they were too small for a target set up for me. I couldn't shoot worth a chit with them. You need to go to at least .019 pins. From reading about the problems you're having getting consistent groups, sounds like you're in the same boat as me.

.010 shocked That's tiny for a hunting sight.
Posted By: NightHunter

Re: Peep sight verifier ? - 05/20/14 06:37 PM

Stay clear of the verifier for hunting. Personally I ordered a sight with .010 pins for the top 2 and .019 for the next 3. Works well for me.

Top pin is 20, second is 30 and so on in ten yard increments.

Re: Peep sight verifier ? - 05/20/14 06:37 PM

Yea shaw I agree .. 010 are to dang small .. I have been hunting with a pendalum with a 040 tritium pin ..

Re: Peep sight verifier ? - 05/20/14 06:39 PM

Ok ATX headhunter 50 3d sight for sale

Re: Peep sight verifier ? - 05/20/14 06:52 PM

I was excited when I picked up my bow .. And took what Jim at Van's recommend for sights .. It is a sturdy sight .. I never looked at the box it came in .. Just now googling it I don't see it in .010 pins ? Am I that blind .. Is it .019
Posted By: NightHunter

Re: Peep sight verifier ? - 05/20/14 07:17 PM

If you haven't decided on a sight or are not happy with yours, look into TruGlo. You can call them and order precisely what you want from pin size, color and order.

Re: Peep sight verifier ? - 05/20/14 07:17 PM

Yep, the info on the sight says they're .019 pins, but looking at the pics it doesn't look like the end of the fibers are melted. This makes them too small. It may help if you can melt them. If you can push the fibers out of the end of the pin housing about 1/32". Take an Allen wrench and heat the end of it up, preferably with a propane torch. You need to get it really hot. Once you do, quickly hold it to the tip of the fiber (but do not touch the fiber). The fiber will mushroom out on the end. If you screw up the first time, no big deal. Just push the fiber out a little more and clip the mushroom off with a pair of nail clippers and try again.

Re: Peep sight verifier ? - 05/20/14 08:24 PM

You are very observant shaw .. The tip of pins are not mushroomed

Re: Peep sight verifier ? - 05/20/14 08:45 PM

I have lots of questions to ask about bows and I appreciate all answers and options ..
I'm sure I'll hunt with my pendulum sight but wanted to try some 3d this summer for practice .. I love to shot and shot almost every day . I've seen improvement with this new bow . I wish I had found this forum years ago .

Re: Peep sight verifier ? - 05/20/14 09:22 PM

Hell I see what your problem is now, your damn sight is mounted on the wrong side of the riser. rofl

Re: Peep sight verifier ? - 05/20/14 09:45 PM

Yep and the pins are up side down ..
God couldn't make everyone perfect so the rest he made right handed
Posted By: Wiley Coyote

Re: Peep sight verifier ? - 05/20/14 10:46 PM

Get a No Peep. Problem solved.
Posted By: tfd1224

Re: Peep sight verifier ? - 05/20/14 10:57 PM

With all the money you spent on that sight you could have bought an axcel armortech hd and been happy. I got one and I could see using that sight for the rest of my life but I hope I hold up longer than that sight does.

Re: Peep sight verifier ? - 05/21/14 05:39 AM

Originally Posted By: Wiley Coyote
Get a No Peep. Problem solved.

Not if he can't see his pins Wiley. wink

Re: Peep sight verifier ? - 05/21/14 09:26 AM

A laser sight would be nice
Posted By: Moose24

Re: Peep sight verifier ? - 05/21/14 10:39 AM

Originally Posted By: Grasshopper

Nice but illegal.

You definitely wouldn't like that. It would let you see how much you are really moving when aiming.
Posted By: Bustinbeards

Originally Posted By: Grasshopper
not legal for hunting though...and it does not account for the arch and drop of your arrow flight path at longer yardages

Re: Peep sight verifier ? - 05/21/14 08:03 PM

Yes I know a laser sight is illegal in bama ..

Re: Peep sight verifier ? - 05/21/14 08:18 PM

Maybe if they had meat seeking arrows .. Call them Meat Missile !
Posted By: sluggun

Re: Peep sight verifier ? - 05/21/14 08:52 PM

i use a verifier and have had no problems with it.

Re: Peep sight verifier ? - 05/21/14 09:04 PM

Originally Posted By: sluggun
i use a verifier and have had no problems with it.

Really ...! Thanks .. Hunting in the rain ? I'm really wanting to try one and sure I will ..

Re: Peep sight verifier ? - 05/21/14 09:06 PM

How did you determine which power to get
Posted By: MTeague

Re: Peep sight verifier ? - 05/21/14 09:22 PM

You should get some tips from your boy Tee Hud....
Posted By: sluggun

Re: Peep sight verifier ? - 05/21/14 09:25 PM

most places that sell them have a gauge that you use to determine which one you need.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM