Aldeer.com

Suggestions for 3D ranges.

Posted By: BenC

Suggestions for 3D ranges. - 05/03/14 03:21 PM

I recently moved to Bham and have not found anywhere close that has a 3D or virtual range. Are there any ranges around the area?
Posted By: tfd1224

Re: Suggestions for 3D ranges. - 05/03/14 05:53 PM

there should be a jefferson or shelby county chapter of bha you could join
Posted By: Moose24

Re: Suggestions for 3D ranges. - 05/03/14 10:03 PM

We do have BHA chapters but most chapters do not have permanent 3D ranges. Weather permitting shelby county will be having a 3D Shoot saturday may 10th. The shoot will be held in Oak mountain state park.
Posted By: daniel white

Re: Suggestions for 3D ranges. - 05/03/14 10:23 PM

I have always wanted to build one at my house in the woods. I have the perfect place for it, but never have went through with it. I wanted to hang a few lock on and try to give reality based shots at deer. Still may do it one day. Was going to charge $10.00 per bow to shoot. Put about 25 targets out...
Posted By: tfd1224

Re: Suggestions for 3D ranges. - 05/03/14 11:43 PM

i would come shoot alot^^^^
Posted By: BenC

Re: Suggestions for 3D ranges. - 05/04/14 12:12 AM

Originally Posted By: daniel white
I have always wanted to build one at my house in the woods. I have the perfect place for it, but never have went through with it. I wanted to hang a few lock on and try to give reality based shots at deer. Still may do it one day. Was going to charge $10.00 per bow to shoot. Put about 25 targets out...

I would be there.
Posted By: BrotherTurtle

Re: Suggestions for 3D ranges. - 05/04/14 01:57 PM

You might check with Heritage Archery club in Cullman. I think they have one but I don't know if it is permanent. I do know they have a very nice regular range with a platform and a pavilion for cookouts. There was a sign that said open to public with a valid hunting license. Some one who lives out that way may correct me if I'm wrong.
Posted By: bowtarist

Re: Suggestions for 3D ranges. - 05/04/14 05:59 PM

Heritage doesn't have a permanent range set up. They have a walk thru course set up with target bales. Having a range set up at yourself is not gonna be very cost efficient I don't think. By the time you buy the targets, ETC. It would mostly be a fun thing. Our insurance runs us 300 a year for two shoots. I don't know if they charge more for a permanent range or if they would even insure it. I believe Grabows has a dot shoot a night or two a week if that would interest you.
Posted By: headshot

Re: Suggestions for 3D ranges. - 05/07/14 12:29 PM

Originally Posted By: daniel white

At $10 per shooter it will take you at least 50 shooters to pay for range insurance.
at least thats the best we have found and thats just having two shoots per year.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM