Aldeer.com

actually measured my draw lgnth

Posted By: kodiak06

actually measured my draw lgnth - 04/25/14 08:13 PM

When I was younger I was told I had a 29" draw. I had my bow set to that. A few days ago, I did the measure wingspan /2.5 and was at 28"... Changed the module on my bow since I had the correct one. Huge difference from where it was to now. Hopefully I shoot better now smile
Posted By: Grasshopper

Re: actually measured my draw lgnth - 04/25/14 09:23 PM

It's better to have your bows draw length a little short than a little long ... I'm sure you'll see better groups !
Posted By: clarkdeer

Re: actually measured my draw lgnth - 04/26/14 08:15 PM

Also the wingspan/2.5 is only an estimate. But I'm sure a lot of people are long on there bow draw length.
Posted By: kodiak06

Re: actually measured my draw lgnth - 04/26/14 10:11 PM

Originally Posted By: clarkdeer
Also the wingspan/2.5 is only an estimate. But I'm sure a lot of people are long on there bow draw length.

Yep... It did make the draw better though. Only shot a few arrows without playing with the sights much. Less head tilt getting in the peep
Posted By: jbsbama

Re: actually measured my draw lgnth - 05/27/14 02:55 PM

I used to shoot a draw length that was too short. It actually works nicely and feels good. The only down side for me was that it's harder to find a good and consistent anchor point reference.
Posted By: ElkHunter

Re: actually measured my draw lgnth - 05/27/14 05:21 PM

You will shoot better!
Posted By: Tru-Talker

Re: actually measured my draw lgnth - 05/27/14 08:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Grasshopper
It's better to have your bows draw length a little short than a little long ...

Originally Posted By: ElkHunter
You will shoot better!

Yep....and Yep....
Posted By: Sharpshooter69

Re: actually measured my draw lgnth - 05/29/14 10:59 PM

Shoot a 30" but shot a 29.5 the other day and it felt good. Used the tip of my nose as my anchor with the string instead of my knuckle under my ear.
Posted By: skintback

Re: actually measured my draw lgnth - 06/17/14 08:10 AM

if you shoot with a string loop. you may want to shorten the draw length 1/2" more.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM