Aldeer.com

Help... High Country bow value?

Posted By: Bigbamaboy

Help... High Country bow value? - 04/19/14 09:47 PM

I have a High Country Maxx Extreme. It an all carbon bow and i know it was around $800 new, but I have no idea what it's worth now. It's a great bow and it served me for several years, but my dad handed his old Mathews Switch Back down to me a couple years ago. I just shoot the Mathews better. This one needs a new home and I need to know what a fair price is.
Posted By: BrotherTurtle

Re: Help... High Country bow value? - 04/20/14 12:45 AM

Do you know what year it is? I have a 2001 Supreme Extreme that I traded an old $200 deer rifle for. I'm no expert on value, but when I was looking, I saw quite a few bows that were 5 or 6 years old for $200 to $350 depending on accessories.

Re: Help... High Country bow value? - 04/20/14 08:04 AM

It about a 2005. 50-60-70 lb draw and 26-31" draw length. I have a three pin sight and a stabalizer i can throw in. It has a fall away rest and limbsavers on it now.
Posted By: alhawk

Re: Help... High Country bow value? - 04/20/14 09:01 AM

You can do an advanced search on archerytalk.com and filter for classified ads. You can hopefully find what you need there.
Posted By: WIDGEON

Re: Help... High Country bow value? - 04/20/14 12:41 PM

selling used bows your feeling will get hurt when it comes to their value. I would guess $200-$250
Posted By: buckbrush

Re: Help... High Country bow value? - 04/20/14 02:35 PM

I love the old high countries by far was my favorite bow. Unfortunately I don't think you will sell for more than $250. If I were you I would keep it as a back up.
Posted By: sluggun

Re: Help... High Country bow value? - 04/20/14 03:01 PM

put it on ebay. i usually have good luck selling them on there.

Re: Help... High Country bow value? - 04/20/14 03:24 PM

Originally Posted By: buckbrush
I love the old high countries by far was my favorite bow. Unfortunately I don't think you will sell for more than $250. If I were you I would keep it as a back up.

That's about what I figured. Bows are obsolete in no time flat. I don't bow hunt enough to really need a back up and he has his eye on a Barnet crossbow. I plan on selling it and giving him the money toward that.
Posted By: BrotherTurtle

Re: Help... High Country bow value? - 04/21/14 02:44 AM

I have a cousin who may be interested. I will ask.
Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Re: Help... High Country bow value? - 04/22/14 11:37 AM

it's amazing. Bows depreciate faster than a new car. Good luck selling your bow. That's a really nice set up for someone who is new to the sport of the part time bow hunter.

Dr. B
Posted By: headshot

Re: Help... High Country bow value? - 04/22/14 12:26 PM

Originally Posted By: WIDGEON
selling used bows your feeling will get hurt when it comes to their value. I would guess $200-$250

X2
Posted By: Bucktrot

Re: Help... High Country bow value? - 04/24/14 08:01 PM

Loses their value worse than a mobile home.
Posted By: tfd1224

Re: Help... High Country bow value? - 04/24/14 11:37 PM

i honestly dont see you getting over 100 dollars for it but what i do see is an ams retreiver reel mounted to the side of it with a roller rest and a fiberglass arrow with a sting a ree on the end of it. turn that sucker down to about 40 lbs and shoot fish with it, more fun than a barrel of monkeys
© 2024 ALDEER.COM